Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Vested Interrest

F1 is all about Vested Interests, and the more powerful the team, the more vested is the interest and the louder the protest.

As I had put to this forum, had Sato run into the back of Hamilton and put him out of the race, Whitmarsh would have screamed blue murder to have Sato d/q'd and banned.

Secondly, and not related to the above, McLaren did explain why Hamilton came out behind Kimi, although the reason seemed very sus to me - basically their excuse didn't add up to the extra fuel and it sounded more like a minor stuff up. Nevertheless, they did admit that it could have been what caused Lewis to be flustered, and they also admitted they told Hamilton about the red light. (I can't find the link as Autosport has moved on with many articles).
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    McLaren had the 5th garage. If they'd been given the garage they were supposed to get, ie. 11th, then we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

McLaren's garage spot had nothing to do with the incident. A poor pitstop that caused Hamilton to fall behind Raikkonen and Kubica combined with Hamilton's inattention caused the incident.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Doesn't it sound like if the drivers don't crash out at any part of the circuit, then we won't have any safety cars at all and it would be all right. Surely it's easier to avoid mistakes on the pitlane than on the circuit, but mistake is a mistake. Looking at the amount of mistakes made with the red light (Montoya, Barrichello, Massa, Fisichella, Hamilton, Rosberg - like what, 6 drivers?!?! And there are surely more of them, who I have forgotten) then it shows that the problem persists.

The safety car rule is making the pits more dangerous - fact. If almost every time someone misses the red light, then I'm becomic sceptical about always saying, how stupid and idiotic the drivers are. Well, are really so many of them brainless then? Yeah, we all on the Internet are a lot smarter than those drivers and know exactly, what to do, sure. I think the red light is not seen well. Look, Kimi and Kubica breaked quite late. Hamilton and Rosberg probably would have slowed down too before the white line if there hadn't been any cars in front of them. But they saw that light too late and hadn't time to react.

With a lot of drivers coming into the pits at the same time, - like it or not - we will see more crashes in the pits in the future as the drivers at the back don't react and drive into the drivers ahead of them. Safer? Cutting costs? No way. By the way, I even don't think we will see crashes just because of the red light, but simply because the pits are so overcrowded with cars moving everywhere and the possibility of a crash is high anyway. Safer?

With the keyword "safety" FIA has implemented a lot of rules. One of the reason for grooved tyres was safety (reducing speeds), one of the reasons for V8's was safety (again reducing speeds). I don't think folks quite like those rules. I am seriously suspicious that the real reason behind the current SC rule is simply making F1 less dull by creating some mess with dropping frontrunners to the back of the field. And they are succeeding in it perfectly. The word "safety" is just a cover. Nothing is safer now.
    just take count that Montoya's incident in Montreal 05 was the most dangerous one of all the pit-lane and red light incidents I have seen in F1(cuz in motorsport in general Andretti crashing into Tracy's back in an IndyCar series race in 1993(?)(could had been the other way round, please correct me) was way above "dumb") as he almost crashed agaisnt the SC, and that was with old SC rules.
    fact is that going through the accident area without the guidance of a SC first increases the danger at least a bit. while having more cars on the pit-lane isn't an excuse for more accidents otherwise I have a really good one if I ever crash agaisnt another car during heavy street traffic!
    I don't like much the new SC rules, but Hamilton dumbness had nothing to do with it
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Personally I think Lewis' penatly is not enough. If those two were not there, he would have run the red light, thus be out of this race. Plus with the addition of taking out Kimi (how convenient) he should have started the next race from Pit Lane, right where he left off here. I believe that is why Big Mac is being so gracious about this penalty, they got off easy.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It looks like the pit exit cutting off the track vertically was designed to trap drivers aren't getting used to look at traffic light carefully. Last year Massa and who was another one, were black-flagged here for ignoring red light.

It's recommended to modify either one of the track or pit exit to have intersection with the more proper declivity, if Montreal still deserves of the next race in future comes. The track condition is also something could make drivers and cars are pissed off.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by philipbain
    Also if the penalty was for not stopping for a red light it could well be argued that had Raikonnen and Kubica not been blocking the end of the pitlane that Hamilton would have stopped before the line!
    Or, perhaps he would have passed the light and been DQ'd???
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Can anyone make sense of Stefano Domenicali's latest comments about the incident:
    "For Kimi it's pretty obvious what happened. It's clear, nothing to add apart from the fact that you can imagine that at that speed, 80 km/h, in the pitlane, without respect for that, black flag for that, it was an avoidable collision... well, lot of things that I think that… it's important to see what will be the Federation's reaction to that."
    Later in the interview he says of the 10 place grid penalty imposed on Hamilton & Rosberg:
    "I think it's a fair decision. It's something that.. on the code. I didn't know. Honestly, I would have expected something. You cannot exclude him from points in the race because he didn't finish, so to be realistic, pragmatic, knowing the rules, yes, that's what I was expecting, so that will be part of the show in the next race."
    To be clear, I'm not criticising Domenicali for what he's saying. I'm just wondering what he means when he says "it's important to see what will be the Federation's reaction to that". Is he suggesting there should be some sort of additional penalty?
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GP-M3
    Personally I think Lewis' penatly is not enough. If those two were not there, he would have run the red light, thus be out of this race. Plus with the addition of taking out Kimi (how convenient) he should have started the next race from Pit Lane, right where he left off here. I believe that is why Big Mac is being so gracious about this penalty, they got off easy.
    Good point, but I don't think you can impose an extra penalty based on something that didn't actually happen.

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Hamilton now reckons the penalty was harsh, and that the red light being on was a "silly" rule.

So, not his fault clearly then...

He really needs to take a look at himself. What grates me most with any mistake is when the person does not have the decency to admit it, shrugging it off, barely apologizing to Raikkonen, and then deciding the rules are wrong.

Pathetic.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7445657.stm
    Niente č vero, tutto č permesso

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    And he says that he is unstoppable, so why worry about the penalty?
    Formula 1