Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do you think the transition teams will do well at Milwaukee?

It should be an interesting weekend. I'd really like to see some of these new teams take another step up in competitiveness.

Some of them looked stronger at Indy, but they did have a lot of practice time there. That won't be the case at the Mile, though I did notice they are having rookie-only practice on Friday, which is a cool move.

It's more of a driver's oval, so that will allow some of the talent to make up for inexperience with setting up the cars, but the two really are inseparable. And some of these guys have been on this track before. Also, there are fewer moving targets as the rules are a little more strict.

Still, this is the sort of oval Dixon, Kanaan, and Castroneves eat for breakfast and it is only a mile. Any of these transition teams stay on the lead lap and that's a great accomplishment, I think--especially if it's a hot, slick, one-groove day.

Hope there are fewer wrecks than at Indy.
    YOUR FAVORITE DRIVER...
    is not half bad now that I think about it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As anyone may guess, I've attended more races at the Mile than anywhere else... (Over too many decades to want to admit...) I think that Milwaukee could be quite an equalizer. I still agree that Kanaan, Castroneves, Dixon, etc. have the advantage, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a top five or even podium transition driver.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeh the field should be a lot more competitive here - its so flat that its just like a regular left hand sweeper
    Go the ALL BLACKS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sadly no, there too many years of data IRL original teams have on the car and be same cars up front until i say the road courses like st pete where set up is more easy to find

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I were Rahal, I would give engineer Tom Brown at Forsythe a call to match him with Hunter-Ray. The 2 were a great match with RHR's win at the Mile. They dominated the others that year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cautions and pit strategy are the only hope that the former CC teams have of performing well. The only "equalizer" for the former CC teams is running on road/street courses. I hope they do well, but the sad fate is that they need to get the lucky brakes. Hopefully, a few driver can crack the top 12.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no...I expect back of the pack

the real question is which front runner will be running a timed race strategy from the green?

if I was a transition team I would be
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with Ken. Strategy is the best option for a transition team to be in the top 5 -10.

According to transition team mechanics and mangers it talked with in May, the rules/inspection process allow for lots of development on aero pieces and there are a lot of them. It will take an under budget and/or transition team a long time to find tricks on their own or purchase parts if that is an option.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    no...I expect back of the pack

the real question is which front runner will be running a timed race strategy from the green?

if I was a transition team I would be
    well if todays practice is any indication I couldn't be more wrong..

Rahal P1
    Power P2

and the rest are scattered fairly evenly throughout the field...impressive showing so far
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not sure how it will translate into Practice 2 or Qualifying but certainly a good start.

rh
    "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."