Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Renault R27

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Renault R27

Will be launched in the Netherlands today (or tomorrow for you European/American/Scandinavian folk).

Does anyone else think this car is at least going to be top 3 material? I'm not gonna place bets on any title but writing off the reigning champions, despite lesser drivers than in their 2005-2006 lineup, as well as Symonds admitting the team being "less bullish" than in 2006 pre-season, does seem rather silly to me.

Comments/Pictures here please.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Unless the car isn't complete rubbish, i'd expect good points placings for both drivers regulary and perhaps the occational podium or even a win or two.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    If the car is as competitive as in the last years, then wins should definetely come. Fisichella has won a race both in 2005 and 2006. Why shouldn't he be able to achieve that again? Maybe even 2-3 wins this time (especially on the tracks that really suit Fisi - Melbourne, Sepang, Monaco, Montreal and/or Spa). And in that case Kovalainen should be able to score a win too in the second half of the season.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that if they have a good car Kovalainen can do great!! Fishi can get some wins at the begining if, like last year, they get to Australia one step in front of the rest.
    ŅBA I love this game! :up:

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Reanault is a strange team. They won the last wcc titles and I still have the sensation that the two season were dominated by Mclaren and Ferrari....

eu, that's one of the reasons that, IMO Renault will not win the titles if their form is near last years or 2005. It'd need to be an F2002 for it to be the champion car IMO.

Still expecting at least a 3rd place overall though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well, I think all of us think the same...

Renault wonīt be a TRUE title contender but wins are possible. Maybe 3rd in the championship, or even 2nd if Ferrari or McLaren bring a really bad car. Even 4th if Honda are in good shape... but these are not the most likely options...

So the best should be 3rd. The funny thing will be seeing Fisi not being under the "dominion" of Alonso. I hope heīll do it fine, and at least score his "win of the year". It would be even better if Iīm wrong and Renault can bring serious trouble to Ferrari and McLaren.
    Cuando el grajo vuela bajo hace un frío del carajo
    Which means:
    When the crow is flying low, itīs ****ing freezing cold

I wanna see them starting bad, improving during the season... and some coming from behind... chasing the leader... I donīt want to see them winning races at the beginnig and "playing catenaccio" for the rest of the season... Three years with the same story would be just too boring.

Quote Originally Posted by eu
    I wanna see them starting bad, improving during the season... and some coming from behind... chasing the leader... I donīt want to see them winning races at the beginnig and "playing catenaccio" for the rest of the season... Three years with the same story would be just too boring.
    I forgot something.... as long as they donīt fight only against ferrari... then it doesnīt matter how they win... just win!

Well what time is it in Holland right now? I want to see this new Renault and it is starting to get past my bedtime!