Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts

Red face The end of the road...

for Coulthard and Fisichella, that is.

So far this season both have put out less-than-stellar attempts at racing, and this race (Monaco GP) was the 'crowning glory' of ineptitude.

Both drivers (and in this case I use the term, loosely) should start to consider either retirement or moving on to another type of racing, one that does not tax them to bring the car to the finish in one operating piece, rather than in pieces.
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was waiting for this thread.

Yeah, ol' man Coulthard lost it in qualifying and racing.
    Fisi is down for the count. Must be those ridiculous spectacles he wears on the paddock.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DC has been very poor this season and completely outperformed by Webber.
    Red Bull must be considering his future immediately let alone at the end of the season.
    However, Fisi has mostly been faster than Sutil and despite some first corner accidents has been reasonaly competative and may have another couple of years left.
    Message to Ganassi - Get Sterling in the #40 full-time. Those were the days.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Gascoyne was saying that Fisico didn't have first and second gear.

I guess acceleration in those 20 mph corners of Monaco in 3rd isn't fun.

Still... not much room to defend DC. He's down 15-0 on Webber now.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    DC should have left F1 when they showed him the door at McLaren.
    Yes he got a podium in Monaco in 2006 (or 2005?) but his team mate was comfortably in front of him in that race before the car let go.
    He doesn't have the edge needed to perform in F1, he should let Vettel have his chance in the better team.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    DC should have left F1 when they showed him the door at McLaren.
    Yes he got a podium in Monaco in 2006 (or 2005?) but his team mate was comfortably in front of him in that race before the car let go.
    He doesn't have the edge needed to perform in F1, he should let Vettel have his chance in the better team.
    Horse manure as always, but if we are talking about potential replacements, wouldn`t Bourdais make more sense than Vettel, he has been the quicker guy so far clearly.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Horse manure as always, but if we are talking about potential replacements, wouldn`t Bourdais make more sense than Vettel, he has been the quicker guy so far clearly.
    Injuries apart, you mean that the guy who managed to rear end DC today should take his place?!
    Seemed to me that Vettel drove a perfect race, not sure why Bourdais decided to park his car in DC's gearbox? He made a mistake?! I see.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Injuries apart, you mean that the guy who managed to rear end DC today should take his place?!
    What has Vettel shown outside of Wet races to deem him worthy of any seat? Loads of first lap collisions and getting outqualified by the guy who admits he sucks at qualifying?
    I`d pick Bourdais over Vettel in a heartbeat.

Seemed to me that Vettel drove a perfect race, not sure why Bourdais decided to park his car in DC's gearbox? He made a mistake?! I see.
    It was weird. Alonso wet off there, then DC and then SB, all in the same lap, following eachother!
    But yeah, SB messed up.
    Tell me now, how many times has Super Vettel made it past the 1st lap this year?
    How many times has he been outqualified by the guy who admits to completely sucking in qualifying?

What an Ace he is.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I think the decision to hire DC for this season was rushed last year by Red Bull. I remember a lot of guys were cheering, when the contract extension was announced, but the new deal was made in the first half of the season just after DC had had a couple of good races (Bahrain, Spain), when Mark was new to the team and was also having a lot of unluck. After those few good races DC showed nothing impressive, was almost always in the shadow of Webber and as this season continually proves, the contract extension has been unjustified.

It's a different case with Fisi and it looks like he has been a valuable asset for the team. He performed very well in Malaysia, Bahrain and Spain. We can't write him off due to Monaco just because he had trouble and unluck basically throughout the whole weekend.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Tell me now, how many times has Super Vettel made it past the 1st lap this year?
    And how many times was it his fault?!

How many times has he been outqualified by the guy who admits to completely sucking in qualifying?
    Since when does qualifying 18 over 19th will give points unless you drive a faultless race like Vettel did today.

Bourdais is one solid driver, however Vettel is briliant and knows how to take advantage in the right conditions.