Quote Originally Posted by Madeira
Well, I did not say that we will have a poor entry list, I've said that Rally of Portugal had much more money to spend in comparison with us...part of our budget goes for IRC/Eurosport and other logistic issues. Do you have an idea how much cost to organize a rally with this dimension in a island? Do you have an idea how much cost for any team to bring all of their competitive resources during a week?. Too much money... When I told you about the support that was given for portuguese government to the Rally of Portugal it was because Í'm not sure that the local authorities will have the same ability to make a similar effort and for now Madeira island is part of Portugal!!
For sure, if you come here you will see 10/15 S2000 in action showing an intense pace, friendly people, good food and nice hotels!
As I said I was already there on 2001 or 2002 , the people , stages , temperature , entry list and the island . That's why i'll return.

My wife is portuguese and i know Portogallo and Madeira relatively well.I know well your difficulties in the transport of cars , logistic and other things.

I think is not a real,real problem. Organization has accustomed us with a big and very good events.That's why i go there.

Now ....without support from the government can be a serious problem.

But if you say that we have 10/15 S2000 , not bad.