Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I think the 2007 crash tests are tougher than they were last year. I'm sure I read it somewhere.

So if Super Aguri just sent last years Honda for the test it would likely fail. Maybe they forgot to beef up the chasis they got from Honda before sending it for the test?
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Whether they passed the crash test or not, it isn't an issue too big if their Big Brother is a top-4 constructor, as Honda would easily just be able to send and supply them with the necessary parts and data anyway.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Don't worry, Super Glue will fix it. :
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    failing a crash test isn't really that uncommon and the people at SA shouldn't be blamed for it. Teams do fail the crash tests from time to time as they are always pushing to the limit of what is allowed

I think last years MP4-21 passed the crash tests early on but the MP4-18 failed the crash tests time and time again and as a result it never raced, and that car was designed by Adrian Newey and the people at McLaren that have years of experience

IIRC the Jaguar R4 also failed its first crash test
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Don't worry, Super Glue will fix it. :
    No, Valve, Super Glue is too brittle and leaves the chassis vulnerable to fracture at the same point. The repair clearly requires duct tape. possibly a couple of rolls. Plus duct tape gives that nice "silver look" that McLaren was shooting for last year, but a much lower cost than Mac's paint job.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkFan
    No, Valve, Super Glue is too brittle and leaves the chassis vulnerable to fracture at the same point. The repair clearly requires duct tape. possibly a couple of rolls. Plus duct tape gives that nice "silver look" that McLaren was shooting for last year, but a much lower cost than Mac's paint job.

ClarkFan
    Ofcourse! The miracle that is duct tape! This is the reason why Mercedes engines keep blowing up - not enough duct tape is used in the maunfacturing process.

Oh, and good to see you back mate.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkFan

ClarkFan
    Yeah! but I found that duct tape tends to go gooey, and makes one helluva mess as it starts to peel. How about Araldite? It will give the Macs that runny look. :
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    Ofcourse! The miracle that is duct tape! This is the reason why Mercedes engines keep blowing up - not enough duct tape is used in the maunfacturing process.

Oh, and good to see you back mate.
    Never really went away - just got caught up in the day job (work - the curse of the drinking class) and a bit flummoxed by the new setup. With the new cars rolling out, getting fired up for a new and very interesting year.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens