Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Collard

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    It seems many criticisms made are based on observations that have been made. But I do not yet even know the method used for the observation that people made.
    Er... eyes?

Because let's face it; hand up who is able to see a drivers technique from outside the confines of the car and many yards away.

How do people do it? How do people spot every little error from so far away?
    I don't think this is the point. I would merely go along with the view expressed by Tim Harvey commentating on the Knockhill races in 2006: 'Collard's not someone you go side-by-side with, is he?'

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Thing is, I find if you can justify the basis of the reason, you justify the criticism.

It seems many criticisms made are based on observations that have been made. But I do not yet even know the method used for the observation that people made. For all I know it could all be made up BS.
    It's not as if he's been involved in 50-50 incidents in 2006:

Punted off Matt Neal into Paddock Hill Bend

Caused a pile-up in Knockhill

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Er... eyes?'
    LMFAO!

Is that what the two round things in your head are for then? I was wondering what possible use they had.

Sometimes you say things so entertaining!

I know the job of the eyes is to see. I didn't know it was the job of the eyes to process some kind of informed judgement about what the eyes see aswell. :
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge

And how did he act to you? What moves was he pulling?
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge

oh the old matt neal incident....yawn again...I'm not even going to go there!.

Anyway, everyone has their critics but Rob has a big following and we all know once he gets a bit of luck he'll justify Dave Bartrum's decision to pick him.

have a nice weekend all!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteRacer
    What do you guys think of Rob Collard ? I'm always at the races and have been so for a fair few years. Is it me or is Rob Collard a complete liability. It's really bad but when ever he is within a car length of a another driver an accident tends to happen.

Brands Hatch

Race 1 12th
    Race 2 DNF
    Race 3 11th

Rockingham

Race 1 13th
    Race 2 12th
    Race 3 8th

Donington Park

Race 1 DNF
    Race 2 DNS
    Race 3 DNS

These results would on average put him around 12th on the BTCC grid, which I think is about fair for him and certainly justifies his place on the grid. It looks bad because of Donington, where a race one incident totalled his car for the entire weekend - mainly bad luck.
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yes he is a nice person and well repspected down the pit lane, but he is slow and always gets into trouble on race day. Kane a rookie has made him look stupid

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like Rob, I think he is a top bloke, always give you the time of day to talk to, however I think he has been trying to 'over drive' the BMW this year, having been at every meeting for all the weekend so far, it seems to me as so he is having trouble adapting to the BMW. Donnington was a write off for all the BMW's in greasy conditions they don't work too well. He is a good driver, certainly a welcome addition.

People moan in the off season about having large grids, yet when people that we welcome to the series dont do particularly well we slag them off. The vauxhalls and seats and matt jackson (albeit not at Donnington) are a class above. I think yo uwill see a Seat/Vauxhall white was at Thruxton. Anyone that gets in the top 8 this year is doing really well, this is the most competitie season yet. Lets make judgement at the end of the season when all is said and done. I think Rob maybe has a few things going on outside of touring cars that maybe distressing him slightly, whereas drivers right at the forefront of the grid tend to be thinking solely about the racing.

Lets celebrate the fact that we have an awesome grid this year, and the fact that drivers results good or bad make good debates, but I really despise people who aimlessly have a pot at a driver who is willing to put a lot of his own money in doing something he clearly loves.

Enjoy the season thats the main thing.
    Erik Edman - 35 yard screamer - am I seeing things?

www.ex.ac.uk - probably the best university in the world.

Come on TC, Rydell and Paffett.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmarsh
    I like Rob, I think he is a top bloke, always give you the time of day to talk to, however I think he has been trying to 'over drive' the BMW this year, having been at every meeting for all the weekend so far, it seems to me as so he is having trouble adapting to the BMW. Donnington was a write off for all the BMW's in greasy conditions they don't work too well. He is a good driver, certainly a welcome addition.

People moan in the off season about having large grids, yet when people that we welcome to the series dont do particularly well we slag them off. The vauxhalls and seats and matt jackson (albeit not at Donnington) are a class above. I think yo uwill see a Seat/Vauxhall white was at Thruxton. Anyone that gets in the top 8 this year is doing really well, this is the most competitie season yet. Lets make judgement at the end of the season when all is said and done. I think Rob maybe has a few things going on outside of touring cars that maybe distressing him slightly, whereas drivers right at the forefront of the grid tend to be thinking solely about the racing.

Lets celebrate the fact that we have an awesome grid this year, and the fact that drivers results good or bad make good debates, but I really despise people who aimlessly have a pot at a driver who is willing to put a lot of his own money in doing something he clearly loves.

Well said. I couldn't agree more

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Anyone that gets in the top 8 this year is doing really well, this is the most competitie season yet.
    Absolutely. The difficulty Mike Jordan is having in getting top 10 finishes proves this, having previously been a points contender in pretty much every race.

I really despise people who aimlessly have a pot at a driver who is willing to put a lot of his own money in doing something he clearly loves.
    I don't believe that should make anyone immune from criticism, though. Plenty of people put a lot of money and effort into things in life, but don't end up doing a good job.