Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

bsb, oulton park

I have just got back from the oulton park bsb meet, what a first super-bike race. Does anyone know what happened on the second super bike race, between leon haslam and the rizola suzuki rider at hizzys? thanks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was there too, and conveniently located at Hizzy's.

Leon went for an optimistic move up the inside and hadn't made it through on Tom Sykes. I think Leon tried to pull out but it was too late, they touched and Tom went down - he was pretty gutted and got a big round of applause from the crowd as he trudged off. Leon slowed coming round Knickerbrook/up Clay Hill as a result which dropped him down the order slightly, and after the race was excluded for his indiscretion. To the crowd's eyes, that seemed a fair penalty - it was his fault, although not malicious.

I'll sort out a few piccies of raceday later this evening for you all to look at.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Why was race 1 allowed to start like that? I was surprised only a few riders were raising their hands at the start. Obviously the organizers sitting in the pit lane don't know how the track feels so if the riders don't object they will start the race.

Overall the races were quite entertaining. Haslam tried his best in race one but Byrne was able to fight him off. Race 2 was builting up to a great finish with Haslam fighting Sykes and Byrne catching up with them. Then they went down and gave Byrne a gift win. Shane Byrne is in a similar situation as Bayliss is SBK, he has a great bike, he is riding great and the other title challengers keep taking themselves out

I was quite disappointed with the TV coverage. the cameras missed almost all of the race incidents.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, for whatever reason I can't upload my pics to here, gonna give that another look to see what's up.

It started raining a couple of mins before race one got going, so I guess the thought amongst the organisers and most riders was "guess it could just be a light shower and pass quickly without affecting anything", but obviously it wasn't and they messed up - the red flag was out as they came down the Avenue/Cascades after the pileup at the first corner. Tricky one to judge when it's only just started raining as to whether it'll continue to do so.

Yeah I rather enjoyed the races, pretty close throughout (and wet races, like race 1 yesterday, usually are exciting but not close). Shakey put in a great performance in race two after running off track - I presume - and dropping back to about 15th early on. James Ellison taking second was also a great result - he was helped a little by the incidents to others but had been running fourth anyway.

Glen Richards (remember him?) also had a good day - he pinched the Supersport win on the last lap from Hudson Kennaugh to give Triumph their first victory since Craig Jones four-and-a-half years ago.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Is there any way to watch the BSB online ? I have managed to watch WSBK/WSS, Motogp, V8 Supercars etc all online, but have not found a way to watch BSB. Anyone have an idea where to watch it ?
    It would also be cool to watch the BTCC, as well as some of the other series such as the ALMS etc.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    BSB originally announced that eurosport will have live stream of the races but it doesn't. I dont think you can watch eurosport on p2p tv

other racing series, BTCC is streamed live by ITV though it will probably be restricted to UK only, Eurosport streams WTCC on its website and fiawtcc.com also shows the eurosport stream

this site could be useful
    http://www.sportingo.com/whatsonline/
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's a few pics. The full gallery (including the full highside sequence) can be found here. Yes, he walked away.

motorbikesport.co.uk