Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    A self important, boor who can't find the shift key on his keyboard or string together two coherent sentences. But as to his identity who knows, or cares.

Gary
    Here is another question, what ever happned to the guy in my signature?
    Most posters on this forum can't think past their own screen names...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay, Gary, we started agreeing again!

With the money being thrown around by series owners and race teams without enough funds for four years, I guess I find Bob Garage's summary of what they're saying over there believeable.

After this weekend, it's "absolutely" one series. The faster we quit looking back, the sooner we start looking forward.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastandwynn
    Lol i was thinking that the other day... he must be wallowing in disbelief :
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogelio
    I guess the Amigos took us for a ride that had no direction and we were too blind to accept the facts. In the end, they had no plan whatsoever.
    Oh they had a plan all right, it's just that it was unrealistic and foolish.

IMO the original plan was to unload CC on TG within the first 12 months and double their money. When TG didn't flinch they had to move to plan B.

Plan B was to run the series as cheaply as possible while persuing the "festival of speed" mode. They wanted others to foot the bill (taxpayers/cities), all the while hoping that the ratings would start to rise enough so that sponsors would be atracted (and the teams wouldn't have to be supported by the series any longer).

Plan B didn't work because the attendance numbers were pure BS only believed by the CCF and as soon as the cities found out that only 32k were actually attending the race not 153k like CC told them they withdrew support. The events folded (Las Vegas, San Jose, Phoenix etc).

Plan C was going to Asia to tap a new market. No go.

Plan D was Europe. Again, no go.

They had a plan. But I think they just believed the hype coming from the CCF and didn't stand back and look at their situation with a clear, unbiased mind. Anyone with half a brain could see that there just wasn't enough to go around by the time CART folded. Not enough teams, sponsors, tracks or fans. But IMO they got tunnel vision and just couldn't (or wouldn't) accept the facts.

Maybe if the CCF would have told CCWS to jump in the lake four years ago rather than accepting every lame ass dumbing down change the amigos forced on them OW racing would be in a better position than it is today. Four more years of infighting when AOW should have started with a clean slate at the fall of CART.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree, dd. The much-ballyhooed "five-year plan" was baloney. And I really believe The Amigos thought of F-Troop as a large hardcore fan base when they put CC together and that, IMO, was one of the catalysts for them to enter the picture. Basing or gauging interest on racing forums is appealing to a VERY small constituency.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for clarifying the comment. I didn't ask the question to stir up old debates - let's all keep the eyes looking forward.
    Indycar is back!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gofastandwynn
    Funny, I was looking back at an old thread and it seems he hasn't been here in a while. Actually, I believe since the day the deal was announced. Wonder which one of the paid CCWS shills he really was?
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's a good article-

especially the comments on the bottom.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...champcar_N.htm
    Champ Car Fan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanguin
    Here's a good article-

especially the comments on the bottom.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...champcar_N.htm

Well, well, welll. Look who is back. (Awwww, no. I'm not going to do it.)

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    'Spect you WOULD like the comments on the bottom......but all of that is highly speculative at this point. I don't guess I'm too excited about speculation regarding ex-CC venues because, like Elkhart Lake and Cleveland, most won't want to risk the "nut" in the second year of blendification. I'll just confine my excitement to the fact there's one series with full fields.

You goin' soft on us, Gary?