Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Robin Miller Article on CART History

Does anyone have any info on this "hands in the cookie jar" comment from Miller's article?

"After spending millions for four years and then supposedly catching a couple of his “allies” with their hands in the cookie jar, Kalkhoven told Forsythe he was done last winter. - R. Miller"
    Indycar is back!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy500'79
    Does anyone have any info on this "hands in the cookie jar" comment from Miller's article?

"After spending millions for four years and then supposedly catching a couple of his “allies” with their hands in the cookie jar, Kalkhoven told Forsythe he was done last winter. - R. Miller"
    Got a link to this?
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy500'79

http://www.champcarfanatics.com/foru...ad.php?t=51554 if you can stand/comprehend it all! I think...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the link, but I too would like Miller to clarify his "hands in the cookie jar" comment. None of the Amigos is exactly cringing in fear where their next sticky bun is coming from, so what does he mean? Otherwise, Miller, as usual, was spot on in his retrospective.
    "Racing is life. Everything before or after, is just waiting." Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Certainly a great article by a true, passionte fan of AOWR. I am curious as to what he meant by "hands in the cookie jar" comment as well. Even though Champ Car is done with, I will still reflect on the past and especially the lost opportunity to revive the series.

I guess the Amigos took us for a ride that had no direction and we were too blind to accept the facts. In the end, they had no plan whatsoever.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wasn't walker planning on moving over in 09 anyways when Champ Car was alive 'n' kickin? i may be mistaken though... Ironic though, cause (unfortuately) Derrick's presense is not on the IRL grid
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaparral66
    Thanks for the link, but I too would like Miller to clarify his "hands in the cookie jar" comment.
    he has taken the quote from the thread of similar title on CCF where some people who claim to be "in the know" have outed paper for who he is and spilt the beans on what happened with the demise of Champ Car.

To save you ready 27 pages of crap.... the details basically are...

- In Cleveland last year PG and DP went to KK and demanded more money or they would not take their cars to Toronto.
    - KK gave them the money in order to keep the series going.
    - When reviewing the budgets for 2008, KK didn't like something he saw in them and got his experts to look over them.
    - His experts found that "someone" (names not mentioned but suspected to be PG) was syphoning off $3million from the CC budget to help fund his own team.
    - It was this that and past history caused KK and GF to throw in the towel and sell up to TG!

* I may have missed some points but that is the jist of the 27 page thread

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGarage
    he has taken the quote from the thread of similar title on CCF where some people who claim to be "in the know" have outed paper for who he is and spilt the beans on what happened with the demise of Champ Car.

* I may have missed some points but that is the jist of the 27 page thread
    Thanks for that Bob, the only point I can see missing is exactly is Paper?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiec
    Thanks for that Bob, the only point I can see missing is exactly is Paper?

A self important, boor who can't find the shift key on his keyboard or string together two coherent sentences. But as to his identity who knows, or cares.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.