Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

New Ferrari Nose

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Cheating! Cheating!

Well someone was going to say it at some point
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    lol Daniel.

Looks very different to what I expected but alot neater then most new ideas. Im guessing theres a slot below and te air flows up over the car to create more downforce?

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraracer20
    lol Daniel.

Looks very different to what I expected but alot neater then most new ideas. Im guessing theres a slot below and te air flows up over the car to create more downforce?
    probably

Interesting how all the suspension pieces look more and more like some sort of aero devices, (as best i can tell), would that make them moveable......????................hummmmm
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    From what I understand, there is an inlet between the wing and the underside of the nose that picks up high pressure air built up in that area and exhausts it on top of the nose adding downforce. I expect to see it copied shortly by many teams.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its very interesting to say the least... how long till everyone copies it though?
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "Shortly" being relative. My guess is they waited until this test to have as much advantage of it as possible. The rumor was the inlet was up around the Bridgestone "B" at the very front, so I wonder how that got out there. Also, they were thinking of running it in Bahrain, but that would have given much more time for the other teams to perhap even have something for the Barcelona test. Now there will not be another test until May 14 at Paul Ricard, so they may be trying to make "shortly" as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    I expect to see it copied shortly by many teams.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    It's interesting to see Ferrari's approach as compared to BMW's. Maranello has gone down a completely opposite path to Hinwil. The Bavarians came up with those stupid horns on the nose and the Reds have gone with a hole in the nose.

Assuming both are trying to do the same thing, ie. create downforce by conditioning the air flow around the nose of the car, then it will be intersting to see which has the greater effect.

I think Ferrari's idea has more potential simply because the 2009 aero regs have removed all of the little wings that adorn the cars these days. It also looks a damn-sight better!
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millencolin
    Its very interesting to say the least... how long till everyone copies it though?
    I don't think that any team can copy the idea that quickly. All the cars' designs are different and if not done carefully they might just end up with the opposite results. And since testing has been reduced quite a bit, I really don't see teams introducing this feature in their cars that fast. But in the future I am sure they will.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it looks great.

seeing that is right on top of the suspension, the air that is drawn out of that area would surely add a significant amount of downforce.. it will be interesting to see if this is for the slick tyre version of the car only, or if they will be using this new set up on the grooved tyres as well..