Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jso1985
    The Lola MasterCard team never really raced, the furthest they got was to DNQ on the 97 Australian Grand Prix
    Ah, but they did take part in the race meeting, so can definitely be said to have competed in F1.

Honda's aborted effort in the late 1990s, tested, if I remember rightly, by Jos Verstappen, must surely be mentioned in this context.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    DAMS and Reynard. They built the cars, tested them and intended to race but never got the budgets together.
    There is a whole book on the subject (called Unraced-look it up on Amazon), which is a reasonable price and covers the late 80's/90's cars which were built and never raced (such as the Honda RA099 and the early 90's Honda prototypes tested at Suzuka), and the design sheet-only cars.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A couple from the Fifties: Sacha Gordine, who built a sweet-looking car which looked a bit like the later sharknose Ferrari, but ran out of money; and Kieft, who abandoned their GP project when Coventry Climax pulled the plug on the Godiva engine. It was over 50 years before the Kieft chassis was completed ....
    Good friends we have, Oh, good friends we have lost along the way
    In this great future,
    You can\'t forget your past

Bob Marley

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Also from the fifties or sixties is the Walker-Climax. Rob Walker was running Coopers in 1959 - Climax and BRM powered. In 1960 he started with a Cooper and then acquired a Lotus 18. In parallel with this Alf Francis and Valerio Colotti designed a car with a 2.5 Climax in 1960 and went on to start a lighter version for 1961 with a 1.5 litre climax (FPF). The first car was completed and tested but the second was never completed. Neither was raced as Stirling Moss was happy with the Lotus.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Post coolrunescape.com you can buy cheap, fast runescape gold about money making

what is the fastest way to make 1mil in runescape....http://www.coolrunescape.com/i am currently making 5k bow string which will get me about 500k but i don't know what to do after that.if u would like to look at my skills look at the highscores! plz help me.........!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.coolrunescape.com/index.htmlhttp://www.coolrunescape.com/RunescapeWell.. around 3-4 years ago when i heard about runescape from a friend i decided to go check it out, i created 'Chavforlife' lol, you may laugh but it's true, i have no idea what made me think of that name, but yeah.. runescape accountsBut anyway, since then i've only used this account but now it's got to the stage i actually really regret making this name in the first place, everyday my name get's commented by random player's, some "nice" comments suprisingly and some just pure hate which i understand ;p. But like with this name i'm forever getting judged, flamed when they have never actually spoken to me but meh.runescape cheatsWhat about you guy's, any of you regret making your runescape account name?

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philipbain
    An interesting car that never raced was the 1989 car built by the First F3000 team to graduate to F1, they decided against it and the car was taken over a year later by the Italian Life team, but instead of using the Judd engine that the chassis was intended for they used a rather unique (in F1 circles anyway) W12 derived from 2x 1.5 litre V6's with the overall capacity enlarged to meet the 3.5 litre formula. An interesting concept, unfortunately it was pathetically slow and never got close to pre-qualifying, hence the same F1 car that was never raced by 2 separate teams!!!
    I remember that just before the start of the 1989 season, the preview magazines actually listed the First team as one of the entries, with Gabriele Tarquini and, I seem to recall, Julian Bailey down to be the drivers. Tarquini eventually found a seat with AGS, after Streiff's accident in testing in Rio.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Honda's aborted effort in the late 1990s, tested, if I remember rightly, by Jos Verstappen, must surely be mentioned in this context.
    I never really understood why Honda didn't develop that test car into a race team. IIRC it was setting very impressive times, and looking a very competitive proposition and yet...

Am I right in thinking Harvey Postlethwaite led the project, and his untimely death effectively ended the project?
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    I never really understood why Honda didn't develop that test car into a race team. IIRC it was setting very impressive times, and looking a very competitive proposition and yet...

Am I right in thinking Harvey Postlethwaite led the project, and his untimely death effectively ended the project?
    Yes, I think that was the case. The project was more or less wound up after Harvey's death.

Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts
    Indeed, it was after Harvey's death, and beacuse of it, that the whole thing crumbled.
    Drive as if your life depends on it...because it does!

2005 WRC Pickems Champion!