Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it's a fact !!!

Trust me, NASCAR won't adopt bio-fuels any time in the near future !!!
    Look how long unleaded was on the highways before NASCAR switched to unleaded.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabaru
    Care to elaborate on ether one of those comments? Bring any new views to the table because I've heard all the usual excuses.
    First, you just don't like the legitimate "reasons" you are being given as to why the changes in the type of engine and fuel for NASCAR won't work, so therefore you denigrate them by calling them "excuses".

Second, on an oval, there are concrete walls and not wide open run off areas on the sides of the track like on a road course. To run a race on an oval in the rain would result in significant (and unecessary) carnage in equipment and also significant physical risk to the drivers. There is nowhere in the US where oval races are run in the rain. Again, a legitimate reason, not an "excuse".
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    First, you just don't like the legitimate "reasons" you are being given as to why the changes in the type of engine and fuel for NASCAR won't work, so therefore you denigrate them by calling them "excuses".

Second, on an oval, there are concrete walls and not wide open run off areas on the sides of the track like on a road course. To run a race on an oval in the rain would result in significant (and unecessary) carnage in equipment and also significant physical risk to the drivers. There is nowhere in the US where oval races are run in the rain. Again, a legitimate reason, not an "excuse".
    I know NASCAR will never change, and the reason why is "because some people just want to see a good race". Some times I question weather or not some people would know a good race if it sat in their lap and called them Mama...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No it is because at oval speeds, the cars will hydroplane causing them to hit the walls at high speed with no ability to control the car or slow down. There are no grooves on slicks and the cars are going too fast to rain tires.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRoethig
    No it is because at oval speeds, the cars will hydroplane causing them to hit the walls at high speed with no ability to control the car or slow down. There are no grooves on slicks and the cars are going too fast to rain tires.
    Wrong, you can have groves in slicks. You can go into the wall under any condition wet or dry, thats when drivers actually have to use there talents and drive. F1 races in the rain with their drivers fully exposed to all the elements. NASCAR acts like 180 to 200mph is some level of speed that no other form of motor sport reaches. Ever hear of Rally Racing? Racing down blocked off public roads in an all out sprint to get the best time, sometimes covering over 300km in three days? Petter Solberg drove his Subaru WRC STI (a production based car that anyone can buy) past a control point in Rally Argentina at an amazing 150.3mph on GRAVEL! Kind of makes a 180mph drive around a specially designed oval, in a specially desined race car look like a joy ride. You should checkout this link, it's not Petter bout it is a Subaru WRC STI. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=32050631

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seriously, are you just here to troll or something? It's pretty obvious that you don't like NASCAR and are just here to belittle everything. You have been given the answers, but if it differs at all than how it is in Rallying, you consider an excuse.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRoethig
    Seriously, are you just here to troll or something? It's pretty obvious that you don't like NASCAR and are just here to belittle everything. You have been given the answers, but if it differs at all than how it is in Rallying, you consider an excuse.
    No... I do like NASCAR. I would just like to see it grow up a little. Use something besides a 1960's technology carburetor, and the drivers actually have to race insted of having the caution flag waved every time the conditions change. Look at what happent in Las Vegas with the water seeping through the seams in the track, it was ridicules. The way they were crying about that tiny amount of moisture on the track you would think it was black ice.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2mtt
    Alternative fuel wouldn't be a problem, as long is its not Ethanol (biggest bunch of BS ever) and everyone uses the same stuff.
    Despite the fact that CART used it for years without a bother? I pooh-pooh you.

Quote Originally Posted by tstran17_88
    Would it really be cost effective to run biodiesel in NASCAR as you claim? Soy bean prices are rocketing through the roof, almost as much as corn prices. Ethanol costs more to produce than gasoline, but the reason it’s cheaper at the pump is because the government subsidizes it with taxpayer dollars. I don’t know for sure, but I’d guess the government subsidizes biodiesel also.
    Ethanol produced from corn is between 7-12 times more expensive than producing it from sugar cane. Corn production is a result of taxation and government subsidy more than anything else.

NASCAR will always be resistant to change because of vested interests and politics. Even CoT which seems to be working and producing less accidents, was slammed by Kyle Busch on opening day with his famous "They Suck" speech after winning the first race.
    I doubt whether the fuel issue would be different, if at all.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For what it's worth, here's something about a Green racing event, the Jetta TDI Cup.
    http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008...tor-racing.php

And personally, i can't wait until this baby gets around the Oak Tree turn at VIR:
    http://www.teslamotors.com/
    Don't take life seriously; you'll never get out of it alive!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabaru
    No... I do like NASCAR. I would just like to see it grow up a little. Use something besides a 1960's technology carburetor, and the drivers actually have to race insted of having the caution flag waved every time the conditions change. Look at what happent in Las Vegas with the water seeping through the seams in the track, it was ridicules. The way they were crying about that tiny amount of moisture on the track you would think it was black ice.
    1. I know how you feel. I was obsessed with NASCAR until I got bored with the technology.
    2. That was California, not Las Vegas.
    3. Weepers are a problem at all oval tracks. CART almost cancelled a race at Rockingham (UK) because of weepers. Indy was repaved in 2005 because at the start of the 2004 Indy 500, weepers opened up all over the front streach. When you're on slick tires, water from a spray bottle might as well be black ice.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd