Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tstran17_88
    Yeah and Ford has the Power Stroke diesel and Dodge has a Cummins diesel...great!

But you seemed to gloss over the fact that biodiesel doesn't run well in cold weather, that the fuel tends to gel. Or doesn't it fit into the argument that NASCAR should become more 'green'?
    At what temperature dose it gel? What was lowest temperature that has been raced in this year?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NASCAR will never be the forefront of tech innovation. Dont worry, NASCAR will never go 'green' because Mike Helton will ressuect a survey saying that NASCAR uses lesss fuel than other sports. They might axe a race because it would take too much fuel to get the trucks to said location *cough* loudon* *cough* or races beyond 300 miles radius from Charlotte must double up so that the trucks can go from race to race withought heading back to charlotte.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SOD
    NASCAR will never be the forefront of tech innovation. Dont worry, NASCAR will never go 'green' because Mike Helton will ressuect a survey saying that NASCAR uses lesss fuel than other sports. They might axe a race because it would take too much fuel to get the trucks to said location *cough* loudon* *cough* or races beyond 300 miles radius from Charlotte must double up so that the trucks can go from race to race withought heading back to charlotte.
    Like it or not this new generation NASCAR was brought about to attract new fans, most old school fans/fanatics couldn’t care less about the change. If NASCAR would take it just a step further by moving ahead instead of holding on to the past just think of how much more appealing that would be to a new fan base. No one in this thread is talking about how much fuel the cars burn, that I’ve read anyway. It’s about the cars showcasing alternative fuel sources to be more appealing to the public, both for NASCAR and car companies investing millions into the sport. What the race cars burn isn’t a drop in the bucket compared to what fans use driving to a race.

ressuect?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    new fan base

all I know is, the F1 race was miles ahead of the Pocono race this week in excitement.

there is a big reason why Nascar is is trouble is that they tried to appeal to a "new" fan base and it worked for maybe a year or two, but they shunted out the "old" fan base (me) by basically taking out the racing and acting like they are playing safety, the old car was just as safe as the CoT, whether Nascar ever wants to admit that, I don't know. France took away Labor day weekend and now, I don't bother watching to borefest at Calibornia, then they throw some stupid 10 race shootout to determine a champion, and have mostly all cookie cutter tracks, which hardly determines a champion. then Nextel throws a hissy fit with Cingular and AT&T, then Nextel gets bought out. it took them a long time to switch from Leaded to Unleaded, Its gonna take a long time before they change from Unleaded to anything else.

Ethanol is a waste, thats not the solution to anything.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    look at bass fishing, its got the same sponsors , the same colours as NASCAR. I'd say pound for pound, the prize money is better in bass fishing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabaru
    At what temperature dose it gel? What was lowest temperature that has been raced in this year?
    I have no clue at what temperature it starts to gel at. I assume that you should know since you are such a huge proponent of biodiesel.

You are suggesting that NASCAR totally revamp their engine program (and as Lee Roy mentioned, it’s not as easy and cheap as you think), and you want to base whether or not they can run this fuel in cold weather on only 14 races run so far this season? Is that really smart? There have been a couple races run in fairly cold weather this season. I'd find out the information on how cold it really was for you, if I knew where to look.

I can tell you that I’ve been in Bristol in March, where the temperature at race time was in the mid 30's F, and it snowed during the race. I was at a race in Charlotte in the middle of May where the temperature was in the low 40's and the wind was blowing at 20-30 mph and it felt like it was in the 20's.

I guess NASCAR could tell the team owners to idle their cars overnight in the case of cold weather, but that would increase their carbon footprint and defeat the purpose of running a more fuel efficient engine.

Would it really be cost effective to run biodiesel in NASCAR as you claim? Soy bean prices are rocketing through the roof, almost as much as corn prices. Ethanol costs more to produce than gasoline, but the reason it’s cheaper at the pump is because the government subsidizes it with taxpayer dollars. I don’t know for sure, but I’d guess the government subsidizes biodiesel also.

Quite honestly, your going after a small fish in a big pond. If your main goal in life is to save the planet, convince your senator or congressman to vote for nukes and to get rid of coal burning power plants. Even the French use nukes to generate most of their electricity.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tstran17_88
    I have no clue at what temperature it starts to gel at. I assume that you should know since you are such a huge proponent of biodiesel.
    I have no clue ether you are the one that has been preaching it would never work because the fuel gels. So you've been pushing a point that you have no clue what you're talking about? I have never even heard of it being any worse that regular diesel. Car companies make and sale biodiesels in Scandinavia and if they work there they should have no problem working in the US. How come so many NASCAR fans will make any excuse not to change anything, legitimate or NOT! Maybe it gels in the rain, then NASCAR would have a legitimate excuse not to race in the rain.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    like its said earlier in the post, Le Mans is the one series that pushes for biofuels, in 2009, the ACO has said all 4 classes has to run bio-fuels in the series.

why does every series have to run on the same bio-fuels. its NOT nascars fault gas prices are rising, its all the idiots out there today that drive around and don't know where they are going.

Nascar is more about its drivers, than cars, has been for quite sometime now. its not gonna change for a long time, so there is no need to argue.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How come so many NASCAR fans will make any excuse not to change anything, legitimate or NOT!
    They're "reasons", not "excuses".

Maybe it gels in the rain, then NASCAR would have a legitimate excuse not to race in the rain.
    Rain on an oval track is a very legitimate reason not to race in the rain.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    They're "reasons", not "excuses".

Rain on an oval track is a very legitimate reason not to race in the rain.
    Care to elaborate on ether one of those comments? Bring any new views to the table because I've heard all the usual excuses.