Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Well I think the opposite. Don't know why but the BTCC just hasn't done it for me since the Super Tourer days. Things like the wheel-of-grid-position-chosingness just added a tack factor that was unacceptable to me. But of course it's all opinion and you're free to be wrong
    BTCC may not be what it was but even with it's wheel-of-grid-position thing it's still far more acceptable than the WTCC and its 'equivalency formula'.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like the idea to be honest.

Remember the very first WTCC was a three-class championship.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    BTCC may not be what it was but even with it's wheel-of-grid-position thing it's still far more acceptable than the WTCC and its 'equivalency formula'.
    Well they have success ballast in the BTCC too anyway so I don't see the difference Both of the series penalise good drivers/teams which is just stupid.

Thing is you look at the entry list to the WTCC and there are former formula 1 drivers and a heap of ex- BTCC champions. Then I look at the BTCC entry list and see a few excellent drivers and then a lot of guys who would probably be nowhere if the level of compeition was anywhere near where it was in the supertourer days.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Well they have success ballast in the BTCC too anyway so I don't see the difference Both of the series penalise good drivers/teams which is just stupid.

Thing is you look at the entry list to the WTCC and there are former formula 1 drivers and a heap of ex- BTCC champions. Then I look at the BTCC entry list and see a few excellent drivers and then a lot of guys who would probably be nowhere if the level of compeition was anywhere near where it was in the supertourer days.
    Stick a lot of those WTCC drivers in the BTCC and I bet they wouldn't dominate. We've seen how Tom Coronel struggled desperately when he had a go last year.

And the Super Touring days weren't necessarily any less competitive than now. In 1994 there were 10 manufacturers involved in the BTCC with works entries. Of those, four - Mazda, Nissan, Toyota and Volvo - weren't in with a hope of winning a race, and Peugeot were but didn't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racer69
    I like the idea to be honest.

Remember the very first WTCC was a three-class championship.
    Yeah, but that WTCC is another kind with same name, i never saw before, but what could i heard from experienced commentator meant is a failed 1 organized by FIA. As he explained that is totally boring, with long distance race, GRA spec car with GT race distance. The car drivers are changeable and the number of teams are poor.
    But i think FIA don't want to make also as BTCC did in some years ago,allow SP cars to fill grid like to have better look, just because the private teams don't want afford too much budget on that expensive BTC cars.
    FIA just want to creating a "bridge" to try syncronizing S2000 and N4, but everything is still in research. About the price, i think N4 could be a good point, but from the beginning will be very little of numbers due the lack of competitiveness, as PWRC has now only 2 Peugeot, but hope later will included more S2000 like Fiat.
    Like in WTCC "FWD VS RWD", each cars have his advantage on different circuits.