Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP - Jerez

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

MotoGP - Jerez

Well, it is quiet in here - we've had two days of quali sessions and no thread!

Anyone going to stop Jorge taking the win tomorrow?
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a ****ING save by Edwards! Wonderful!
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corny
    What a ****ING save by Edwards! Wonderful!
    That save was the moment of the weekend. So far.Fantastic. Jorge does look unstoppable but lets not count the others out as yet. Stoner is mad at todays performance and will look to make amends if the tyres work for him. Melandi.... oh dear, some head work needed I feel. James, lets hope he is feeling better in the morning. Suzuki will race better i hope. Going to be a good one unless Jorge runs into the distance but Pedrosa will fight that one, he will push push push.Looking good for tomorrow as usual. 125s, 250s and then the big one. All the best racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I tipped Stoner for the win and Rossi 4th........ Dani and Jorge in the middle...... Might be more Like:

Lorenzo
    Pedrosa
    Rossi
    Stoner

Anyways, a bit of intrigue for the round, can't wait for the race tonight our time.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Qualy was good, wasnt it. Casey looks more worried than usual, and I think it's because hes realising that he's the only one in the whole Dook squad who can do anything with that red Bow Wow. Imagine lashing out at Loris!

Vale must be wondering already if he did the right thing jumping tyre ship. Lets just hope it was down to the the Jorge-marked Michelin qualifier.

I notice that Loris' Suzook was the fastest speed trapped machine out there today. We shall see.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation Lorenzo Land

What a performance by Jorge!

I thought the Qatar thing was an aberration, a great leveler under lights but I gotta say I am impressed with his effort.

Truly gone is the wild on the edge style from his 125 years into a smooth, fast and confident contender.

Yes the season is young and I am sure there will be ups and downs, but a future champion in the premier class he is.

The thing that seems to set him apart from many of his country men that have made it to this level is he appears to have the metal capacity to belong at the top.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was confident that Jorge would be very competitive in stepping up to MotoGP but his rise has still somewhat surprised me, even if it is still very early days. I'm still backing Pedrosa to win but it will be hard fought to the end.
    I've also been very impressed with Edwards who really has getten a second wind with Tech3 now that he isn't playing a distant second fiddle to Rossi within his team. And that save of his was UNBELIEVABLE!
    I really hope Hayden's strong qualifying can translate into an equally strong race pace and maybe give the 2 young Spaniards something to think about.
    Bridgestone are struggling at Jerez again so it will be interesting to see how Rossi handles them at a track he is extremely strong at as opposed to Stoner who has never been able to get along with the Jerez circuit for some reason. Casey will be strong though not race win strong.
    The rest of the field seems fairly open.
    The Zooks were pretty good on race tires but struggled in qualifying and may be able to pick their way a bit higher.
    Kawasaki have slowly been building though not to where they want to be but apparently weren't able to fully utilise their best tires they will use due to a lack of them. Perhaps they might surprise.
    Dovi hasn't been able to carry on his Qatar form but he is a quality rider of immense talent and I would be surprised if he doesn't finish higher than he qualified.
    Melandri is the biggest surprise for me as he has no form whatsoever and I never thought I'd see the day he qualified last without a significant injury. If things don't start picking up for him soon, the pressure will start to mount very quickly.
    I'm looking forward to this race a lot!
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It certainly promises to be an interesting race. Rossi and Stoner will be the ones that I will be watching. Heehaw is flying, but the Rossi factor, and Stoner on the Duke will be fighting to get after #48 from the word go. The Lorenzo/Pedrosa battle could be interesting to watch as well. All in all, this is shaping up to be a great race. Can't wait.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    I've also been very impressed with Edwards who really has getten a second wind with Tech3
    Colin was always quick in quali, but rarely continued that into the full race distance. Time will tell, but I expect more of the same.

HRC are looking ominous!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Randy is also looking sharp, and could be a podium challenger, as well as Toseland, who is usually very consistent.
    Sandra O is YUMMY