Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Webber V Hamilton- Malaysian GP pit stops....

The Malaysian GP... Was it me? or my local TV stations coverage???
    Can someone please explain to me what happened during the pit stops??? Stuffed if I can figure it out. @ Webbers first stop he is in front of Hamilton by approx 1 sec. Webber does his top in around 8 sec. Then Hamilton comes in stuffs up his stop which was approx 18-19 sec. and then comes then out just behind Webber again 'what the ****'??????????
    Second stop Webber's still in front by approx 1 sec. does approx 8 sec stop "again".... then Hamilton pits does a stop also approx 8 sec. then rejoins but the length of the straight in front of Webber????????

I understand all to well how a fast in and out lap can gain a second or three, also the traffic factor and all but stuffed if I can see how Hamilton made such time gains..... Maybe the race was editied by my local TV station as it was delayed coverage but did anyone else notice this or have any suggestions what happened!

P.S. I noticed the commentators saying Hamilton was being held up by Webber! Certainly not from what I was seeing as he didnt even come close to putting a wheel in front of Webber on the track 'surprisingly'
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Simply, the McLaren is a vastly superior car to the Red Bull. And the cars lose aerodynamic cornering grip in another car's dirty wake. Which is why most Tilke circuits are full of hairpins and without many long, flowing corners.