Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tinchote
    The translation was wrong. But that doesn't diminish the fact (which the topic of this thread) that the Spanish press is insanely biased. And this is particularly clear in this case, because FA was the "golden boy" at Renault, and now he will be just a very well paid employee at McLaren.
    I think is the other way around, had Fernando been the golden boy at Renault they would have paid him as much as he wanted in order to keep the good momentum going. While in McLaren, the fact that he has been signed with a very big contract means that he is nº1 and the driver on whom they are relaying in order to be succesful again... For the spanish press, that doesn't matter, as long as he keeps winning, he will be god, as long as he doesn't they will blame the car.

It is too hard to say that sport journalist is the lowest form of human life, but i would no like to be one tough!!!!
    ÑBA I love this game! :up:

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMetro
    Personally I think sports journalists are one of the lowest forms of human life, only marginally better than estate agents
    WOW.
    It's more or less like Pele said (I think). Good footballers play in top leagues, average players work in lower leagues. The really bad ones become sports journalist. The same thing happen in f1.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samuratt
    I think is the other way around, had Fernando been the golden boy at Renault they would have paid him as much as he wanted in order to keep the good momentum going. While in McLaren, the fact that he has been signed with a very big contract means that he is nº1 and the driver on whom they are relaying in order to be succesful again... For the spanish press, that doesn't matter, as long as he keeps winning, he will be god, as long as he doesn't they will blame the car.
    I cannot agree with that. At Renault, Briatore nourished Fernando for many years, put him to test first so that he would be ready for the challenge, and then built a competitive team during two more years. The fact that they had a salary cap doesn't diminish the fact that FA was the golden boy (who can blame them if they managed to get two WDCs with a "low-salary" driver?) At McLaren, FA won't have that cushion. He's coming as the reigning two-time world champion, someone that has to deliver whatever it takes. McLaren's last championship season was 7 years ago, they have a strong urge to deliver, and if they don't sour grapes will manifest quickly. Just think of 4 years ago, when KR was going to stay at McLaren "for the long term".

It is too hard to say that sport journalist is the lowest form of human life, but i would no like to be one tough!!!!
    I would think there is probably a couple of decent sport journalists. I haven't found them, though
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eu
    WOW.
    It's more or less like Pele said (I think). Good footballers play in top leagues, average players work in lower leagues. The really bad ones become sports journalist. The same thing happen in f1.
    Tell that to Martin Brundle!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tinchote
    I cannot agree with that. At Renault, Briatore nourished Fernando for many years, put him to test first so that he would be ready for the challenge, and then built a competitive team during two more years. The fact that they had a salary cap doesn't diminish the fact that FA was the golden boy (who can blame them if they managed to get two WDCs with a "low-salary" driver?) At McLaren, FA won't have that cushion. He's coming as the reigning two-time world champion, someone that has to deliver whatever it takes. McLaren's last championship season was 7 years ago, they have a strong urge to deliver, and if they don't sour grapes will manifest quickly. Just think of 4 years ago, when KR was going to stay at McLaren "for the long term".
    I think you are pretty right about the sour grapes thing... but I still think that the fact that Alonso is now a 2WDC and has a big salary makes him look like the saviour to the McLaren team, while Lewis, on the other hand, is the future bid. It has to do more with the respect, at REnault he had to earned it race by race, year after year... At McLaren it seems clear that he has every respect he can dream of from the engineers and the team. Whil Lewis will have to deliver in order to gain such respect.

I don't know if i did myself clear enough, but I bet you I did try hard!!!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Tell that to Martin Brundle!!!!
    I will.... when i see him:d... Perhaps he got bored... It´s not easy to retire at 40 or so :d

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Hhmmm... as I recall,

1. Fernando signed with McLaren... AFTER Renault waffled about staying in Formula One... long term !!!

2. At the time he signed with McLaren... it looked like the McLaren team was improving.

3. I bet he wishes he were still at Renault... McLaren's reliablity has been dismal !!!

mokin: Trumper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    Its obvious the spanish press will be in love with McLaren now....Alonso and de La Rosa both are there !
    lol yep i think so, but i think renault they cant be very quick like last year
    they need a great driver...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think you are pretty right about the sour grapes thing... but I still think that the fact that Alonso is now a 2WDC and has a big salary makes him look like the saviour to the McLaren team, while Lewis, on the other hand, is the future bid. It has to do more with the respect, at REnault he had to earned it race by race, year after year... At McLaren it seems clear that he has every respect he can dream of from the engineers and the team. Whil Lewis will have to deliver in order to gain such respect.

I don't know if i did myself clear enough, but I bet you I did try hard!!!
    It was more than clear It will be interesting to see what happens if the mac continue with their now traditional "reliability". Kimi threw a couple of steering wheels and pushed a couple marshals. What will FA do?
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s