Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    How come nobody has mentioned Massa squeezing Kimi to the wall at the start? Perhaps his off was a bit of justice?
    Saw it, but that just confirmed to me that there are no team orders anymore at Ferrari. I did feel that Massa left just enough room for Kimi with inches to spare. Good racing!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    And Lewis Hamilton has had his race severely compromised by Mark Webber and the wheel gun failure....

And Lewis Hamilton has had his race severely compromised by Mark Webber and the wheel gun failure....

Someone needs to slap Allen. He mentioned that at least 8 times.

Also, great in and out laps for Kimi. Definitely made up for his lacklustre Oz Gp.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel

Someone needs to slap Allen. He mentioned that at least 8 times.
    that ruined the coverage for mine...... if Golden Balls Hamilton is as "hall of fame" as those twats make out, why on earth was he stuck behind Webber for 32 LAPS?????

Clowns they are. The Macca was a Dog all weekend, and the race confirmed it. Deal with it Allen, Blundell etc..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Webber V Hamilton pit stops...

I only just noticed this thread after starting a new thread on the question I have in regard to the gain Hamilton made over Webber during the pit stops? I cant figure out if it had somthing to do with the TV coverage I was watching or Iam missing something else... can someone please expalin this to me.
    Heres what I wrote on the other thread I started-

Is it me? TEN's coverage???
    Can someone please explain to me what happened during the pit stops??? Stuffed if I can figure it out. @ the first stop Webber's in front of Hamilton by approx 1 sec. Webber does his stop in around 8 sec. Then Hamilton comes in stuffs up his stop which was approx 18-19 sec. and then comes out just behind Webber again Huh??????????
    Second stop Webber still in front by approx 1 sec. does approx 8 sec stop again.... then Hamilton pits does a stop approx 8 sec. then Hamilton rejoins the length of the straight in front of Webber????????

I understand all to well how a fast in and out laps can gain a second or three, also the traffic factor and all yes, but stuffed if I can see how Hamilton made such dramatic gains.....did Webber have an off? that I missed?? Maybe the race was editied by TEN anyone got any suggestions
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Also what was that crap the commentator were going on about that Webber was holding Hamilton up??? Hamilton did not even get a wheel in front "once" while on the track chasing... Guess it proves one thing though just how fast Webber potentially can be. Bring on the first wet race mokin:
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFX...
    I only just noticed this thread after starting a new thread on the question I have in regard to the gain Hamilton made over Webber during the pit stops? I cant figure out if it had somthing to do with the TV coverage I was watching or Iam missing something else... can someone please expalin this to me.
    Heres what I wrote on the other thread I started-

Is it me? TEN's coverage???
    Can someone please explain to me what happened during the pit stops??? Stuffed if I can figure it out. @ the first stop Webber's in front of Hamilton by approx 1 sec. Webber does his stop in around 8 sec. Then Hamilton comes in stuffs up his stop which was approx 18-19 sec. and then comes out just behind Webber again Huh??????????
    Second stop Webber still in front by approx 1 sec. does approx 8 sec stop again.... then Hamilton pits does a stop approx 8 sec. then Hamilton rejoins the length of the straight in front of Webber????????

I understand all to well how a fast in and out laps can gain a second or three, also the traffic factor and all yes, but stuffed if I can see how Hamilton made such dramatic gains.....did Webber have an off? that I missed?? Maybe the race was editied by TEN anyone got any suggestions
    The McLaren is a racewinning car while the Red Bull is not. The McLaren really is that much faster.

Cars lose aerodynamic grip through corners when trailing other cars.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Trulli's 4th place is the main news for me of course. Hopefully he'll score more points during this season. : Glock has been one of the unluckiest drivers so far this year and it's still hard to rate him.

BMW's race pace was very good. Not as good as Ferrari's of course, but a lot more competitive than in Australia, where they couldn't match their quali's performance. We can't rule out that we might see even a 3-way battle for the title among teams like 2003!

McLaren was a disappointment, they were struggling even against Toyota. If Trulli had stayed 3rd-4th after the first corners, he would have given Kovalainen a good race for the last podium spot (but instead of that was held up during the first two stints). On the contrary Red Bull looked quite decent despite all the problems they have had so far this season. Fifth best package at Sepang.

Williams has complained that the new track surface didn't suit them. Actually don't quite understand, how can that make their performance so much weaker than in Australia. Maybe Sakhir shows, what's their true level at the moment, hard to guess at the moment. Nakajima drove a good part of the race ahead of Rosberg, but in the end was a full lap behind. Didn't get a reason for this during the race, but later investigation shows that he had a puncture and a spin.

No-one gives notice, but a good drive by Fisichella too - he finished ahead of Barrichello's Honda for example.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Saw it, but that just confirmed to me that there are no team orders anymore at Ferrari. I did feel that Massa left just enough room for Kimi with inches to spare. Good racing!
    Kimi said in a Finnish interview that it was close but fair. Massa gave him enough room and he decided not to risk it to the first corner. Good racing, Id say too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    The McLaren is a racewinning car while the Red Bull is not. The McLaren really is that much faster.

Cars lose aerodynamic grip through corners when trailing other cars.
    Yes no doubt... Just in this case and during this race it did not look to be the case. The straight line speed was not that much better nor the cornering speed of Hamiltons car..... Oh well I guess it will make for interesting comparisons during the next few races if mechanical issues are out of the equasion with the Red Bull. The RB cars are much quicker than they were last year so I cannot agree that its going to be a 'given' necessarily that the McLaren is going to be vastly superior to the RB forever mokin:
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Hamilton faces battle to be McLaren No1 as Kovalainen looks to build of Sepang podium finish
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1954
    Are we headed for another blinking "tiff"
    Could get bloody ugly old chap!
    May the forza be with you