Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Question How strong is the Ferrari?

Everyone has talked the talk about Ferrari's off-season and here's what they have to show after race 1/18:

Mechanical failures in both qualifying and race. A double retirement in the race. Just 1 solitary point scored. I had trouble believing that.

The reds need to start their season again in a week's time in Malaysia. If Ferrari don't rectify those mechanical problems licketty-split then McLaren will walk this title.

And nobody wants that.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    They have now a single point - Barrichello is disqualified.
    Formula 1

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Ferrari cannot have another weekend like this, surely. A combination of bad luck, schoolboy errors and unreliability was not the best way to start the year, but winter testing suggests they have the best car out there and I suspect they'll bounce back strongly next weekend.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I think that in Malaysia Hamilton will dominate again and Alonso will be even stronger.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe they need to go back to the old practice of starting the new season with the old car?
    Aloha,
    Colin

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Bring Todt back!
    Domenicalli and his team made the worst calls from all the teams out there.
    Both Kimi and Felipe should have been called for refueling during the SC period when Lewis did his, and they would have had a chance for the win and definitely for the podium.

The drivers are good, Felipe impressed me with all the overtaking moves he manged. Kimi had good pace but was way to inpatient with Heiki and Glock and made more unforced errors.
    The cars looked also in good shape, they managed to do half distance on the softer tires! That means that they are very balanced!

However the tactical team is pants.
    They should have fueled Felipe up to the bottom at his very first stop, instead they called him in again 1 lap later.
    They didn't take advantage of the SC periods.

Worst race by the Ferarri tacticians in few years. Let's hope they got rid of all the bad luck in this first race.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Bring Todt back!
    Both Kimi and Felipe should have been called for refueling during the SC period when Lewis did his, and they would have had a chance for the win and definitely for the podium.

The drivers are good, Felipe impressed me with all the overtaking moves he manged. Kimi had good pace but was way to inpatient with Heiki and Glock and made more unforced errors.
    The cars looked also in good shape, they managed to do half distance on the softer tires! That means that they are very balanced!

However the tactical team is pants.
    They should have fueled Felipe up to the bottom at his very first stop, instead they called him in again 1 lap later.
    They didn't take advantage of the SC periods.

Worst race by the Ferarri tacticians in few years. Let's hope they got rid of all the bad luck in this first race.
    Tactics won't mean **** in the following races if the car doesn't last the distance. :\

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I don't know yet what happened but it was either that damn fuel pump for both or Felipe ran out of fuel as they didn't call him in.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Bring Todt back!
    Surely Honda take that dubious accolade? Ferrari after all did score a point.
    Senna & Rossi, everytime.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    The dream team is gone and sadly what I saw reminded me of season like 1996 - bad decisions, poor reliabilty...
    Formula 1