Page 462 of 1270 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512562962 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 12694

Thread: WRC Testing

Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    It has been very interesting to follow Hyundais development of their new WRC-car.
    It has steadily looked better and better, and is now resembling a quick rally car on most surfaces.
    But I have seen some things that I am a little bit unsure about, and I wonder if any one else on this forum has paid special attention to some details, or have any likes/dislikes when it comes to the handling of the new i20?

I will "disclose" my "findings" later, but I want others to come with views unaffected by mine. Any one up for it?
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    It has been very interesting to follow Hyundais development of their new WRC-car.
    It has steadily looked better and better, and is now resembling a quick rally car on most surfaces.
    But I have seen some things that I am a little bit unsure about, and I wonder if any one else on this forum has paid special attention to some details, or have any likes/dislikes when it comes to the handling of the new i20?

I will "disclose" my "findings" later, but I want others to come with views unaffected by mine. Any one up for it?
    Frankly I haven't noticed anything, or more exactly I can't tell how fast the car is from looking. But I would follow the discussion with interest.

EDIT: only thing i did notice is the i20 body seems the "jump" and move more compared to the Polo. Harder suspension? Or maybe that's just the road characteristic.
    Last edited by seb_sh; 7th January 2016 at 12:24.

Liked 12,246 Times in 5,265 Posts

i hope you will analyze everyone not just Hyundai drivers or the car

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts

So you start to tease now? Very difficult for me to judge a car in some testing videos, there are many variables. I'm not an expert but I guess they test the car in all possible ways, including bad setups, wrong tyres, different driving styles and so on. So one can misunderstand how it performs. Let's see what you have found out.
    And don't forget your lists. Lately you didn't use them too much. Very bad.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    Frankly I haven't noticed anything, or more exactly I can't tell how fast the car is from looking. But I would follow the discussion with interest.

EDIT: only thing i did notice is the i20 body seems the "jump" and move more compared to the Polo. Harder suspension? Or maybe that's just the road characteristic.
    I noticed a bit more understeering in slow/medium fast corners, especially on tarmac. And not just with the factory drivers, also with the first i20 WRC private driver in the world-Corrado Fontana.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    I noticed a bit more understeering in slow/medium fast corners, especially on tarmac. And not just with the factory drivers, also with the first i20 WRC private driver in the world-Corrado Fontana.
    Same here, quite a bit of understeering and to get the car turn very much sideways around the corners. Looks nice but clock does not like it, also risk of hitting something along the road is higher.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Are there any gravel test so far? Only have seen tarmac I think in latest development.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 563 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    To me, overall it isn't nearly as "smooth" as the Polo. Understeering (not much, but still) in the middle of the corner, the rear suspension seems to lack a bit of grip as well.

Liked 9,384 Times in 4,995 Posts
    Lappi on Monte test

#M-SPORTER

10. Likes: Bartek (7th January 2016),dimviii (7th January 2016),FUNKYXXXXX (7th January 2016),Mirek (7th January 2016),Nazar Swan (7th January 2016)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Lappi on Monte test

and Kremer
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"