Page 139 of 1270 FirstFirst ... 39891291371381391401411491892396391139 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 12694

Thread: WRC Testing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    i do not like the zoomed cameras at all i prefer wide angle ones so i can see the whole effort the driver puts...especially those cams that show part of the footwork as well..... the incar zoomed cameras fail to capture the intesity of the driving....a thing that helmet cams manage perfectly. Being an on board addict (i have 1.128 onboard rally videos from various events) i think the onboard cameras used by the WRC are very very boring. The posibilities are almost endless yet all we get is the same hood/bumper and the cross section of the rollgae cameras....its a pity and a waste.

here is an example of some nice incar work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DKEiAJN1P8 (exhibition event)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OajlZJiYt3M (hillclimb event)

also i have seen ogier testing the citroen with an onboard camera mounted on a tripod on the roof of the car....those footage would be amazing and i think it can be used in tarmac events in stages without many trees.
    nice videos there! that's how onboards should be and not like you said, the very zoomed in images the do these years. North One promised they will experiment with new in car shots, but sadly nothing new

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    i do not like the zoomed cameras at all i prefer wide angle ones so i can see the whole effort the driver puts...especially those cams that show part of the footwork as well..... the incar zoomed cameras fail to capture the intesity of the driving....a thing that helmet cams manage perfectly. Being an on board addict (i have 1.128 onboard rally videos from various events) i think the onboard cameras used by the WRC are very very boring. The posibilities are almost endless yet all we get is the same hood/bumper and the cross section of the rollgae cameras....its a pity and a waste.

here is an example of some nice incar work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DKEiAJN1P8 (exhibition event)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OajlZJiYt3M (hillclimb event)

also i have seen ogier testing the citroen with an onboard camera mounted on a tripod on the roof of the car....those footage would be amazing and i think it can be used in tarmac events in stages without many trees.
    nice videos there! that's how onboards should be and not like you said, the very zoomed in images the do these years. North One promised they will experiment with new in car shots, but sadly nothing new

Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donlorean
    Those cameras that used in Mikko's film was from that guy who made and upload that video... "Morfn" is a guy behind Mikko's, JM's, Garde's, Marcus, Tommi's, etc. website. More information from here:

Plopcrew Productions - Digitaalisen median tuotantostudio - www.plopcrew.net
    Thanks for the information! My point was that the used cameras are not the officials ones filming the rally event, and that's why they are way more interesting.

Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    very nice!

the car hits the limiter as soon as it is in the air. i cant remember the previous WRCars to do that? is this smt to do with the engines, or just the that they are revving the engines much higher now?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i think its because the smaller engines need to be driven on higher revīs. and you always need high revīs to have good power, witch the 2 liter engines didnt need.

Liked 11,162 Times in 4,433 Posts
    Yes, exactly. The optimal rpm are now close to the limiter.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
    According to MTV3 Latvala and Hirvonen are learning tarmac driving with some sports car early this week at Ahvenisto race track. The instructor will be former F1 driver Mika Salo.

I checked Ahvenisto's reservation calendar and it seemes that the time is tuesday from 9 am to 3 pm. It would be nice to have some photos, Juha_koo...maybe?