Page 138 of 1270 FirstFirst ... 38881281361371381391401481882386381138 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 12694

Thread: WRC Testing

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarriK
    why they do not use such incar cameras for the event as well ????

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Yeah quite nice

Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts

Fiesta

Great test video with Hirvonen and the Fiasco sorry Fiesta
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJP2B...layer_embedded

Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    I guess that the cameras used for the tests are M-sport cameras, and for the event North One decide's where to put their cameras and how to film the rally.

Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    I guess that the cameras used for the tests are M-sport cameras, and for the event North One decide's where to put their cameras and how to film the rally.

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    I hope that North One understands that their in car footage is totally s*** and barely watchable. they have to do something with that, and i am sure they have options, but it seems that North One is ran by people that do not understand what is spectacular and not. certainly a camera looking at loeb's helmet and eyes is not, as was the case in Acropolis rally footage

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rage82
    Those cameras that used in Mikko's film was from that guy who made and upload that video... "Morfn" is a guy behind Mikko's, JM's, Garde's, Marcus, Tommi's, etc. website. More information from here:

Plopcrew Productions - Digitaalisen median tuotantostudio - www.plopcrew.net

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Helmet cams are very difficult to use in actual event, because the capacity is limited and it would be the crew which would take care of operating them. I quite frankly don't see it as a crew's job. They are there to compete, not to make outstanding multimedia. Also what I've seen, helmets take quite a pounding, camera angles won't last for long.

Onboards have improved a lot this year. Except Sweden, all lousy incar angles (e.g what C4 had) have disappeared. I really really like the angle which have been used in Mikko's car this year (this one: http://juhake.kapsi.fi/motorsport/fi...gle_mexico.png ) which has been possible because of the new safety seats. The camera is mounted on the seat's "ear". Only thing that I don't like is the "bumper cam", it's too low, although it gives a nice sensation of speed, it's easily covered with dirt and you can't see the road's profile well. Also from that angle, you can't see the car itself, so it's harder to draw any conclusions.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    i do not like the zoomed cameras at all i prefer wide angle ones so i can see the whole effort the driver puts...especially those cams that show part of the footwork as well..... the incar zoomed cameras fail to capture the intesity of the driving....a thing that helmet cams manage perfectly. Being an on board addict (i have 1.128 onboard rally videos from various events) i think the onboard cameras used by the WRC are very very boring. The posibilities are almost endless yet all we get is the same hood/bumper and the cross section of the rollgae cameras....its a pity and a waste.

here is an example of some nice incar work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DKEiAJN1P8 (exhibition event)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OajlZJiYt3M (hillclimb event)

also i have seen ogier testing the citroen with an onboard camera mounted on a tripod on the roof of the car....those footage would be amazing and i think it can be used in tarmac events in stages without many trees.

Liked 191 Times in 91 Posts
    The camera which "Morfn" uses is this:
    Printsport Racing webshop

new updated camera with 172degree angle lens.

Offtopic: some Finnish team rally action webcam: PrintSport Racing - Menestyksekäs moottoriurheilun erikoisyritys - PrintSport.fi (I'm also there )
    Sääli on sairautta! ;)