Page 977 of 1023 FirstFirst ... 477877927967975976977978979987 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,770 of 10222

Thread: WRC Testing

Liked 7,226 Times in 2,982 Posts
    according to that article i get that he was also driving with the Yaris on tarmac on the same day as Meeke did Rally Germany PET
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,813 Times in 741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    according to that article i get that he was also driving with the Yaris on tarmac on the same day as Meeke did Rally Germany PET
    That's gone completely under the radar.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

3. Likes: pantealex (17th August 2019)
    Liked 877 Times in 477 Posts
    really? i find it hard to believe after seein him with the Ford and all the other test vids with him. He is clearly overdriving
    It`s not your average Yaris/Fiesta you use to get from lace A to B. Even there there are differences to get used to, not to mention the difference between rallycars.

Liked 507 Times in 264 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Even on a stage sometimes it’s hard to tell how effective a car/driver can actually be; I remember watching all 4 cars testing here prior to 2017 gravel events and Meeke’s C3 looked mindblowing fast.
    that is because the c3 was mindblowingly fast. in testing at least, when they had the setup absolutely right and knew the road.

6. Likes: er88 (17th August 2019)
    Liked 1,876 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    that is because the c3 was mindblowingly fast. in testing at least, when they had the setup absolutely right and knew the road.
    Which is pretty much same situation as here...and people assume Suninen wil be fast in the rally based on that.

Liked 1,813 Times in 741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    that is because the c3 was mindblowingly fast.
    It looked like it.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

9. Likes: AnttiL (17th August 2019),pantealex (17th August 2019)
    Liked 92 Times in 39 Posts
    I had to use translator for that site and I didn't get that impression. Originally those comments are from crash.net and the article was about testing with Toyota. There is comments like “That was quite encouraging for a first day in gravel.” So it was before Rally Finland.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/927462...ota-rally-test

Rallyssimos text is just overlook of Bottas with WRC-cars this summer.

Liked 1,276 Times in 628 Posts
    Lol there's surely no way Bottas was/is on the pace of a WRC driver even after testing on the same piece of road over and over.

I can't believe it. If he starts driving WRC cars next season he'll be lucky to be anywhere near even Kimi's level, and even then Kimi started with lesser categories and tried to do a bit of groundwork.

The guy must be out of a drive at Mercedes F1 next year with all this nonsense and wrc testing.

Liked 92 Times in 39 Posts
    Mäkinen said in Marca.com that he was surprised about the pace of Bottas.

Testing times doesn't tell much about rallying. After several runs in same short road it turns to be like circuit and then one of the best circuit drivers should be pretty fast. Back in the days Kimi was faster than Loeb and Ogier on test roads.

Liked 11,903 Times in 5,302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    how was it true? did we have a timed test stage for all the cars? Was there so dramatic differences in Monte? Which car was leading the championship after Sweden?
    you doubt that c3 was faster asphalt car at the debut of this category? because that some guys among me had mention,after some dry asphalt tests we had seen.
    That the c3 wasnt leading is totally another (well known) story. It happens for various reasons...see Tanak Latvala Lappi Meeke last years.