Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

sierra sierra leave atlantics....

SIERRA SIERRA ENTERPRISES WILL NOT RACE WITH ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES IN 2008

Minden, NV (March 4, 2008) – The 2007 Atlantic Champion Sierra Sierra Enterprises team will not return to the 2008 Atlantic Championship line-up to defend its championship title. The split of Atlantic from the Champ Car World Series was one impact of the unification between Champ Car and the Indy Racing League. For the Atlantics, this split created a climate of uncertainty as well as a declining business model – both of which were major factors in the team’s decision.

“We regret that this was a decision we were forced to make. We examined all of our options very carefully and could not find a workable business model. We do support the merge and see it as the only path to preserving open wheel racing in the U.S.,” said Diane Kottke, Team Owner.

The Atlantic Series that remains is no longer attractive to sponsors. It will be difficult to secure funding in this and future seasons.

“We no longer see the Atlantic Championship as being the premiere ladder series. Our goal has always been to race with uncompromising quality – to our team, our drivers and our fans. In the current scenario we cannot meet that goal,” commented Richard Raeder, Team Manager.

Sierra Sierra Enterprises has a strong history of developing talent in Open Wheel Racing. Drivers such as Marc DeVellis, Ryan Dalziel (2003, 2004 2nd place Atlantic Championship), Kyle Krisiloff, Andrew Ranger (2004 Atlantic Rookie of the Year), James Hinchcliffe and Raphael Matos (2007 Atlantic Series Champion) have all gone on to further expand their careers in racing after strong seasons with Sierra Sierra.

Sierra Sierra Enterprises will continue to explore opportunities to participate in developing talent in Open Wheel Racing. Ongoing updates on the team can be found at http://www.sierrasierra.com.
    sad news. but i bet they end up in IPS.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    NOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Man, that's a bummer. Maybe this will give them incentive to step up to the IndyCar series?
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If they want to continue running Atlantics, they need it to become a F3 equivalent. If not they should have either merged it with IPS or set up a too tier system like they did with Indy lights and Atlantics.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRoethig
    If they want to continue running Atlantics, they need it to become a F3 equivalent. If not they should have either merged it with IPS or set up a too tier system like they did with Indy lights and Atlantics.
    Except the IPS and Indy Lights have one common element, both fail to really develop driver talent. Atlantic's has the legacy and the alumni. To leave them out of the open wheel equation is a big mistake.
    LBGP: The Sound - The Spectacle. Racin' at its finest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pits4me
    Except the IPS and Indy Lights have one common element, both fail to really develop driver talent. Atlantic's has the legacy and the alumni. To leave them out of the open wheel equation is a big mistake.
    Didn't Scott Dixon and Mario Dominquez come from Indy Lights? I know of others that ran in CART/CCWS that were good Drivers as well

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlj
    Didn't Scott Dixon and Mario Dominquez come from Indy Lights? I know of others that ran in CART/CCWS that were good Drivers as well
    paul tracy!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGarage
    paul tracy!

Yes to them all, but I think the point is/was that the count is WAY too low. Too many of the guys who do well in either of the ladders never make it to the "big show". But I have hope that that might change with the war now over, MAYBE more opportunities will emerge. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but...

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGarage
    paul tracy!
    Oh Yeah... him too !!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Greg Moore!!!!!!
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oriol servia, christiano da matta, tony kanaan, helio, patrick carpeniter, adrian fernandez, casey mears, jimmy vasser, dan welldone.