Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
There is no secrets, i mean drive coaching, introducing to right people, telling teams about the upcoming driver and other simular things.
I know what you mean. Thought you might have known something the rest of us didn't. The Finnish ex-drivers seem good at dealing with the right connections and help talents in that way - they should teach their Swedish counterparts a thing or two.

Nowadays I think it’s not enough for the driver to be fast, he/she has also to be suitable. He/she has to be the right guy/girl for the job. What I mean, is that he/she can’t be a jerk with bad delivery because as I see it, the driver is also a member of the marketing team with all the promotions and taking part in the manufacturers, teams and sponsors customer relation happenings.
I agree - you don't only have to drive better than the rest, you have to talk better too. Patrik Sandell is equally talented at this alongside his driving, he is a natural PR-man. Does Kalle Pinomäki still have Mad Croc as a sponsor? I noticed he had them last year, when he and Sandell drove for the same team - this year they're Sandell's new main partner.