Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tank McNamara's "Sports Jerk of Year"

What irony that nominations begin today:
    http://www.gocomics.com/tankmcnamara/jerk.phtml

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Put in my vote TONY GEORGE, now and all time jerk of any year.

Champcar, best north american series EVER.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    It'll probably be a tie between Bill Belichek and Roger Clemens. Nobody knows who Tony George is. Sorry for being pragmatic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="spiritone"]Put in my vote TONY GEORGE, now and all time jerk of any year.]

OK, maybe 12+ years ago. But I'm sure you''ll be watching the races just like the rest of us and after a year or two, when the series begins taking some real strides, your current bitterness will be a thing of the past.

C'mon, you gotta love Newman Hass going after Penske and Andretti. You gotta love it no matter how it came about. The best drivers are already licking their chops over this.

So be bitter for a few more weeks, then sit back, relax and enjoy OW racing under one roof ..... finally. Let the potential clear up the clouds of yesterday mate...

C'mon, you deserve it.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My pick would be Clemens to beat out Belicheat by a syringe, uh, I meant a nose.
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But, seriously, how long until someone gets fed up with how the show is being run and tries to form a split again. It honestly is not that far fetched. Walker is ALREADY talking about how much more expensive it is...Either the CC teams that don't expect it pack up and do atlantics, or we have mutiny....again. And with a bunch of Panoz out there...someone...may come up with some stupid idea to start the war ALL OVER AGAIN.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Another split? That will be like trying to split an atom with an ax.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Turn-In
    But, seriously, how long until someone gets fed up with how the show is being run and tries to form a split again. It honestly is not that far fetched. Walker is ALREADY talking about how much more expensive it is...Either the CC teams that don't expect it pack up and do atlantics, or we have mutiny....again. And with a bunch of Panoz out there...someone...may come up with some stupid idea to start the war ALL OVER AGAIN.
    Who knows what will happen in the future. I just know the Panoz won't be part of the equation. Here is why.

There are only 28 or 29 Panoz in existence. That's not really enough to start another series, because there won't be any more unless the IRL says so.

If you look, I think you'll find part of that intellectual property the IRL now owns includes the design rights and plans to the DP-01. The car was specifically commissioned and designed for the CCWS, and that makes it part of their intellectual property.
    Keep your eyes open for the rest of January, you may be in for a surprise - Speeds Up...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry dodger, and the rest of the gomers on this forum.

THERE IS NOT A HOPE IN H##L THAT I WILL WATCH, FOLLOW, OR GIVE A DIME TO ANY RACE THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH TONY GEORGE WHO JUST ADMITS ON WINDTUNNEL THAT CARTS VISION WAS THE RIGHT ONE AND HE HAS JUST JERKED EVERYONE AROUND FOR 12 YEARS.

ANYONE WHO WATCHED THAT SHOW AND CAN TELL ME HONESTLY THAT TG IS THE ONE TO SAVE OPENWHEEL IS ON AWFUL GOOD DRUGS.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritone
    Sorry dodger, and the rest of the gomers on this forum.

THERE IS NOT A HOPE IN H##L THAT I WILL WATCH, FOLLOW, OR GIVE A DIME TO ANY RACE THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH TONY GEORGE WHO JUST ADMITS ON WINDTUNNEL THAT CARTS VISION WAS THE RIGHT ONE AND HE HAS JUST JERKED EVERYONE AROUND FOR 12 YEARS.

ANYONE WHO WATCHED THAT SHOW AND CAN TELL ME HONESTLY THAT TG IS THE ONE TO SAVE OPENWHEEL IS ON AWFUL GOOD DRUGS.
    So you would prefer the guy not to accept he was wrong (and the fact IRL changed so much is proof he understood he was wrong) and try to go back to his original idea which would destroy what little is left of the sport in the US?

He was wrong, he now knows that, and yes, he almost killed the sport in the US, but he is not the sole culprit, CART helped, they also made a few (or a lot) mistakes and then Champ Car tried to salvage CART, they just couldnīt, CC tried, but every year the product got worst and worst.

So here we are, we now know CC and IRL where on the wrong direction and the guy that almost killed OW is taking his only way out, trying to move his series as closest as he can to the golden years of CART.

If you donīt want to watch, then donīt, there is F1 and A1GP, I personally watch every F1 race, never miss one, a personal decision, if you donīt like F1 or A1GP then you can try basketball, baseball, football, soccer, hockey, curling or chess, if you donīt like those you can try a hobby, after all, they (like racing) are just sports.

Racing to me was and is the most important thing of the things that have no importance in the world, our lives donīt depend on the existence of racing series or racing itself.
    Jose Arrambide
    Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition
    Monty Python Flying Circus