Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Their is also another subject. On Wikipedia reference number #34 relates to a TouringCarTimes article in which it states after VXR announced three cars SEAT and WSR could follow suit. The final paragraph in the article states specifically

"WSR are reportedly deciding whether to field a third car after talking to a number of interested drivers. Even suggesting that it could be run separate to Team RAC."

Nothing has come of that it seems. But if I have learned one thing on this forum it is nothing is as it seems. Take nothing at face value. One thing I have learned to believe is that just because nothing is said about it doesn't mean nothing is happening behind the scenes to make it happen.

Yet I still feel I must ask it. Is it merely a rumour or could their be something going on behind the scenes to make Team RAC field a 3 car outfit happen?

You lot appear to have a far better and more finely tuned instinct for this kind of thing. From my point of view you seem to be able to tell from seemingly present subliminal hints things I could never pick up on. Your better than me at most things but particularly this kind of thing.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les
    and Oulton Park clashes with Brands
    That's a bit of a bad decision isn't it?! It would be great to see more wildcard entries in the WTCC but it's not going to happen this year is it?!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les
    and Oulton Park clashes with Brands and as that is the main one you would want to race in I very much doubt Colin will in WTCC.
    But if he was then maybe Monza and Macau at the end of the year
    When I last spoke to him, he said they were hoping to do at least 4 non clashing rounds. Monza and Macau were definitely mentioned. Can't remember the other two, as my knowledge of the WTCC calendar is limited. Quite fancy Monza, need to get myself my first passport just incase. :
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that sounds good jelley as turks team mate should be interesting
    Following Plato Btcc, Hamilton F1 and Earnhart Jr & Patrick Nascar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The quote you list
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    "WSR are reportedly deciding whether to field a third car after talking to a number of interested drivers. Even suggesting that it could be run separate to Team RAC."
    was originally linked to possibly running their MG for an interested driver... Understandably RAC would not want to be connected with an MG!

Allegedly!

But a third BMW is still a possibility!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A big reason for the original RAC sponsorship was because of the MG was is not? They wanted to show all the MG owners that all was not lost after the company went bust.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think it was more because they wouldn't be associated with a manufacturer as such, so a defunct one like MG fitted the bill. Obviously that's changed now with the BMW, but I think there's possibly some tie-in with BMW and new roadcars.
    You lot still here?!