Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How to watch WRC in America?

Since I have moved back to the United States I havent been able to watch any WRC. I dont get any channels in my area that are worth while. I was just wondering if there is any way to watch WRC on the web. I really would rather watch it as if it were on TV. I really dont like watching short clips here and there. A some what live feed would be great.

I searched through the video forum but didnt find anything conclusive.

Thanks

Jeremy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustangsupra
    Since I have moved back to the United States I havent been able to watch any WRC. I dont get any channels in my area that are worth while. I was just wondering if there is any way to watch WRC on the web. I really would rather watch it as if it were on TV. I really dont like watching short clips here and there. A some what live feed would be great.

I searched through the video forum but didnt find anything conclusive.

Thanks

Jeremy
    You're ****ed.

SpeedTV is an absolute joke! Those morons dropped WRC and went with NASCAR one hundred percent of the time. F1 barely receives any airtime and in most instances is re-ran. So, unless you start liking stock car racing or enjoy watching Pinks, my God , you're in deep crap.

What I do is download torrents. It's my only option. I'll send you a link to an interesting website and hope you can find some solice.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    You're ****ed.

SpeedTV is an absolute joke! Those morons dropped WRC and went with NASCAR one hundred percent of the time. F1 barely receives any airtime and in most instances is re-ran. So, unless you start liking stock car racing or enjoy watching Pinks, my God , you're in deep crap.

What I do is download torrents. It's my only option. I'll send you a link to an interesting website and hope you can find some solice.

I'll say it just one last time.

There is a US broadcast rights holder for the WRC. The rights holder is RaceCentral Media and they broadcast on the Altitude Network. The Altitude Network is available on basic cable in the Rocky Mountains and outside of the Rockies it should be available as part of extended packaging of the local Fox Sports package from most cable and satellite providers.

With that said the RaceCentral coverage will be insufficient for our average WRC fan as they show full rally recaps in their 30 minute program slot the Thursday after Rallies. You can find the full Eurosport broadcasts, with previews, recaps, and PWRC/JWRC programs from a variety of different sites at full broadcast resolution. There are some sites that allow you to download them directly instead of torrents as well.
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

www.wrc.com

Is the official WRC site somehow restricting Americans from watching videos. This year it is all for free. Split times, videos and all.

On the main page fint the calendar and click on the name of the rally and start surfing. Lots of stuff...

I hope it is available in the US also...

and the address is of course, http://www.wrc.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meverkko
    Is the official WRC site somehow restricting Americans from watching videos. This year it is all for free. Split times, videos and all.

On the main page fint the calendar and click on the name of the rally and start surfing. Lots of stuff...

I hope it is available in the US also...

and the address is of course, http://www.wrc.com

The website is available.

I don't know about the rest of my cohorts but most European live feeds from WRC.com don't line up well with hours I have unrestricted internet access. For those that have lined up well the feed seems to always drop just as the WRCars are beginning to run.

Plus, what the OP is looking for is more than a series of short clips...
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have resorted to downloading and watching on the PC and it gets me my fix. Rally America typically has stuff on youtube as well.

http://wrc.mirafiori.com/wrc_2008/
    Quant Suff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for the replies. I tried downloading from some sites and the quality is very good. I think I might just have to go with that route.

thanks

jeremy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR
    The website is available.

I don't know about the rest of my cohorts but most European live feeds from WRC.com don't line up well with hours I have unrestricted internet access. For those that have lined up well the feed seems to always drop just as the WRCars are beginning to run.

Plus, what the OP is looking for is more than a series of short clips...
    Holy crap! I was just out in Huntington Beach and was walking on Main Street when I caught a glimpse of Loeb rolling his car. Some bar had an outdoor television flashing scenes from the WRC. Before I could get the name of the network the channel flipped to a basketball game.

Then when I asked for the channel no one knew what I was talking about! Damn it. This is frustrating.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Holy crap! I was just out in Huntington Beach and was walking on Main Street when I caught a glimpse of Loeb rolling his car. Some bar had an outdoor television flashing scenes from the WRC. Before I could get the name of the network the channel flipped to a basketball game.

Then when I asked for the channel no one knew what I was talking about! Damn it. This is frustrating.

There is a considerable rally friendly population in the Huntington Beach area. There have been in the past numerous efforts posted on a US rally site to organizer get together's to watch rally videos at one or two different bars in Huntington Beach. It is possible that you just happened to walk by one of these bars (one of them has a lot of ex pats from Europe so they might have Eurovision for instance...).
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    And I thought we had poor coverage over here, at least we get it
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.