PDA

View Full Version : I will probably banned but... (Football chat) !

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

oily oaf
3rd July 2007, 16:42
I have no sympathy for Sheffield Utd, as Oily says they went down of their own accord.

Not such good news for Oily this one though :\

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/6260924.stm

Reo-Coker will leave quite a big hole to be filled.

Depends who you talk to really Carl
The fans have never really taken to the boy, claiming that he shows a lack of heart when the going gets tough.
Personally I'm not having it. I think his languid style of play belies the fact that he gives it his best shot and at the end of the day they didn't come much more languid than Bobby Moore, not that you can ever compare the two of course.
So good luck to the kid at Villa and if we get around 8 or 9 million for him then that represents a pretty good bit of business when you think we robbed him from Wimbledon for 500 grand :)

pino
4th July 2007, 12:43
Torres to Liverpool, great move :up: will that be enough to win the title or the CL ? :p :

Storm
4th July 2007, 15:47
They already won the CL without a top striker but this one is for the league. Torres is really good but he can be on/off sort of player.....Luis Garcia goes to Atletico as part payment for Torres.

Atletico have been busy yet again this summer I see...Diego Forlan joins from Villareal too

stevie_gerrard
4th July 2007, 17:29
Torres is a great signing in principal, but he's not known to score massive amounts of goals from what i hear, so it will be interesting to see how he does.

Iain
4th July 2007, 19:39
Who is the bigger signing, Stevie? Torres or Freddy Eastwood? :p :

koppite_rob
4th July 2007, 21:01

Has Sir Freddie been sold then?
I saw there were 2 offers of £2M on the front of the Southend Echo this morning.

My minds on Torres is he another Morientes?
Was Garcia going the other way such a wise release?

Final words to raise a smile for all those with pre-season nerves

Sven Goran Erikson

jso1985
4th July 2007, 22:02
Copa America:
Bolivia 2 Peru 2 :(

once again we play better than the rival, yet two stupid defence mistakes send us home, c'mon you morons! if Claudio Pizarro have won Raldes on air play twice already send someone else to mark him!!!

fandango
4th July 2007, 22:44
Torres is a great signing in principal, but he's not known to score massive amounts of goals from what i hear, so it will be interesting to see how he does.

Yeah, I don't know if he'll be able for the rough-and-tumble of English football.

oily oaf
6th July 2007, 06:02
So Carlos Tevez is to join Man Utd next week for 20 million is he?
I predict that he'll come crawling back to West Ham after a week at most.
I mean to say boys, would you swap Pie and mash with jellied eels for Lancashire bloody hotpot? :mad:

pino
6th July 2007, 08:53
So Carlos Tevez is to join Man Utd next week for 20 million is he?
I predict that he'll come crawling back to West Ham after a week at most.
I mean to say boys, would you swap Pie and mash with jellied eels for Lancashire bloody hotpot? :mad:

No that I care but why Man U is wasting so many money on him ? They should buy a couple of defender insted... And if I were Tevez I would go for the carbonara and join Inter-Milan :p :

alfa155btcc
6th July 2007, 19:34
No that I care but why Man U is wasting so many money on him ? They should buy a couple of defender insted... And if I were Tevez I would go for the carbonara and join Inter-Milan :p :

I agree Pino, they (Man Utd) should spend some money on some decent defenders, Vidic and Ferdinand won`t be enough, and they still have`nt replaced Keane although they have but with 2 players Hargreaves and Carrick, what about Scholes, Giggs where are they gonna play, he should go to Spain or Italy, unless they think he is not worth it, says it all.
:s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

Brown, Jon Brow
6th July 2007, 20:55
I agree Pino, they (Man Utd) should spend some money on some decent defenders, Vidic and Ferdinand won`t be enough, and they still have`nt replaced Keane although they have but with 2 players Hargreaves and Carrick, what about Scholes, Giggs where are they gonna play, he should go to Spain or Italy, unless they think he is not worth it, says it all.

This is the voice of a Chelsea fan who is worried about the fact that Man Utd have greater squad depth than they do. :laugh:

Chelsea fans should be worried as the best player they have signed so far is Steve Sidwell :erm: Without Terry Chelsea's defence is at best average. Last season, untill they both got injured, Vidic and Ferdinand had developed a formidable partnership. It was is the perfect combination of power and pace ;)

stevie_gerrard
8th July 2007, 04:54

My heart says Eastwood, my head says Torres :p :

Im not a big fan of Eastwood, i think after he scored that goal in the league cup against Man Utd, he's been overhyped. I'd love to see him do well though, and if the manager has confidence in him, so shall i. :)

alfa155btcc
8th July 2007, 09:48
This is the voice of a Chelsea fan who is worried about the fact that Man Utd have greater squad depth than they do. :laugh:

Chelsea fans should be worried as the best player they have signed so far is Steve Sidwell :erm: Without Terry Chelsea's defence is at best average. Last season, untill they both got injured, Vidic and Ferdinand had developed a formidable partnership. It was is the perfect combination of power and pace ;)

Worried of what i don`t think so, so Tevez now all of a sudden gives you a stronger squad don`t make me laugh :D , our signings are even more cover for what we did`nt have last year, when you gonna clear out the rubbish you had last year ie Fletcher, Silvestre, Gray Neville has`nt got long left, Richardson, you have alot of dead wood still.Like i have said many a time make the most of the Premiership you did`nt have for 4 years it`s coming staright back next season to Stamford Bridge.
:D

Brown, Jon Brow
8th July 2007, 10:19
*cough* Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson :rolleyes:

Steve Sidwell :laugh:

stevie_gerrard
8th July 2007, 23:48
Nothing wrong with Steve Sidwell, but Chelsea are on the verge of signing Florent Malouda, who is a good player, but i don't know how he fits into Chelsea's plans for next season.

CarlMetro
8th July 2007, 23:52
Probably as a replacement for Lampard :p :

Storm
9th July 2007, 02:17
Mexico turned over Paraguay 6-0 in quarter final of Copa América :eek:
Argentina 4-0 over Peru in the other one...

Mexico V Argentina
Brasil V Uruguay

Iain
9th July 2007, 07:48
Nothing wrong with Steve Sidwell, but Chelsea are on the verge of signing Florent Malouda, who is a good player, but i don't know how he fits into Chelsea's plans for next season.

Robben's replacement should he end up going to Real? I honestly don't know what sort of a team they are trying to assemble there. I've tried to pick the team and formation on Pro Evo 6 and it's very difficult. :p :

Oily, what do you think about that Welsh scallywag Bellamy playing down the Boleyn next season? I don't think he'll be swinging his golf clubs at people's heads as much as he did at Liverpool somehow. Allegedly. ;) Faubert is supposed to be a very good player, be interesting to see how he does in the Premiership. We wanted him, but we're skint, so signed Roy Carroll instead. :p :

pino
9th July 2007, 12:02
Schuster has just been confirmed as new Real Madrid coach, god luck to both :rolleyes: and forget about Kaká :p :

Storm
9th July 2007, 13:22
They are after Fabregas now that Kaka isn't available :)

alfa155btcc
9th July 2007, 17:55
*cough* Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson :rolleyes:

Steve Sidwell :laugh:

Yeah what`s wrong with sidwell, you forget Ben Heim, Molouda, Pizarro, who is Nani and anderson still younsters who have to prove themselves, I know it took you 4 years to get title back make most of it trophy on its way back to stamford bridge.

stevie_gerrard
10th July 2007, 23:29
just thought i'd post to say that the Copa America has been very good this year :) GO MEXICO!! :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
10th July 2007, 23:31
Yeah what`s wrong with sidwell, you forget Ben Heim, Molouda, Pizarro, who is Nani and anderson still younsters who have to prove themselves, I know it took you 4 years to get title back make most of it trophy on its way back to stamford bridge.

Nani and Anderson still youngsters? So are Rooney and Ronaldo :\

Sidwell is good for Reading but he is hardly Champions League quality.

race aficionado
10th July 2007, 23:37
I've been enjoying the Copa America - specially watching Argentina's strong team do its thing and I have really gotten a good look at these world class Argentinian players. You guys know much more about this and probably know in which profesional teams they play in but I had my eyes on Messi - my son Manuel loves Barcelona - originally because of Ronaldinho, but he would mention Messi also.
That guy is good. He is also nuts. Agile and strong. He barrels through as he weaves the ball back and fourth. He could choose to even flop on the penalty zone when they actually try to topple him but he just continues going . . . and I like that.
And talking of flopping and diving - that just drives me nuts. I can't stand players grabbing their body parts as they have their convultions on the floor while the replay clearly shows that that particular body part was not actually affected. I say red flag the actors - get them out of there. It is really disgracefull and ugly me thinks.

I now have to get that special chanel "Gol-TV" I think it is called so that we can get games from the Spanish league. That way I can see more of Messi and company.

:s mokin:

alfa155btcc
10th July 2007, 23:37
Nani and Anderson still youngsters? So are Rooney and Ronaldo :\

Sidwell is good for Reading but he is hardly Champions League quality.

Well we will soon see when champions league starts, anyway all the hype last year in the milan man u games was how Ronaldo was going to turn it on where was he in both those games Kaka made him look very ordinary, oh don`t tell me he was tired was he oh bless him rap him up in cotton wool, I know Drogba dives but 10 out of 10 for your man Ronaldo.

Storm
11th July 2007, 02:07
I now have to get that special chanel "Gol-TV" I think it is called so that we can get games from the Spanish league. That way I can see more of Messi and company.

:s mokin:

You are coming round Race! Barcelona and Messi :up:

Brasil v Uruguay is ON right now! 0-0

Storm
11th July 2007, 03:39
2-2......Uruguay just equalised! 20 minutes to go

race aficionado
11th July 2007, 05:13
Argentina Vs Mexico tomorrow night will be great fun.
Can't wait.

:)

oily oaf
11th July 2007, 06:32
Robben's replacement should he end up going to Real? I honestly don't know what sort of a team they are trying to assemble there. I've tried to pick the team and formation on Pro Evo 6 and it's very difficult. :p :

Oily, what do you think about that Welsh scallywag Bellamy playing down the Boleyn next season? I don't think he'll be swinging his golf clubs at people's heads as much as he did at Liverpool somehow. Allegedly. ;) Faubert is supposed to be a very good player, be interesting to see how he does in the Premiership. We wanted him, but we're skint, so signed Roy Carroll instead. :p :

Ian to say I'm a trifle underwhelmed at the prospect of Mr Bellend turning out in the claret and blue next season would be somewhat akin to proclaiming that Jack The Ripper was innocent :D
Having said that it's pretty tough to like ANY footballers these days. A bunch of badge kissing, duplicitous, toerags to a man.
Paulo Di Canio excepted of course ;)

Incidently a guy who contributes regularly on the unofficial West Ham site went to a business meeting 2 nights ago, something to do with money laundering apparently , and got into conversation with a fella who works for The Hammers at a fairly high level. This guy assured him that Kia whathisface that owns Tevez's registration has made one almighty contractual cock up and that Carlos will be playing for us in the opening match against Man City without any shadow of a doubt.
Of course my informant could be a BS artist of the very highest order only time will tell.
Watch this space.

pino
11th July 2007, 06:52
The greatest Team ever was/is Brazil 1970 (won the World Cup against Italy 4-1)

Top 20 :

1 Brazil 1970
2 Hungary 1953
3 Holland 1970
4 Milan 1989-90
5 Brazil 1958
6 Real Madrid 1956-60
7 7 Brazil 1982
8 Barcelona 1991-94
9 Italy 1934-38
10 France 1998- 2000

11 River Plate late 1940s
12 Ajax 1971-73
13 Bayern Munich 1974-76
14 Celtic 1967
15 France 1984
16 Denmark 1986
17 Real Madrid 1998
18 Totttenham 1961
18 Liverpool 1977
20 Manchester United 1999

Where's my Juve ? :(

The Greatest match was Italy -Germany 4-3 (semifinals in Mexico 70) I agree :s mokin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U3Myb3o8NY

in 2nd place LIverpool-Milan 3-3 (CL final in Istanbul 2005) :eek: I don't agree ;)

The greatest goal it was Maradonas against England (Mexico 1986)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rW-lK9F6TU

Where's Del Piero amazing scoring agains Fiorentina ? :mad:

for more details visit http://www.worldsoccer.com/greatest/

pino
11th July 2007, 07:11
Can't believe no goals from him on top 20, watch his compilation :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Svt_A1CDE

2nd goal of that compilation is the one against Fiorentina :s mokin:

Iain
11th July 2007, 11:24
Incidently a guy who contributes regularly on the unofficial West Ham site went to a business meeting 2 nights ago, something to do with money laundering apparently , and got into conversation with a fella who works for The Hammers at a fairly high level. This guy assured him that Kia whathisface that owns Tevez's registration has made one almighty contractual cock up and that Carlos will be playing for us in the opening match against Man City without any shadow of a doubt.
Of course my informant could be a BS artist of the very highest order only time will tell.
Watch this space.

There might be something in that. He's asked the Premier League to have his contract with West Ham cancelled, they've refused and have told West Ham to do exactly the same.

Pino, I knew that Del Piero goals video would have the freekick against Rangers from 1995/96 on it. :p : Fantastic goal though. :)

The transfer market is going crazy, fees are going through the roof. Look at the recent deals for average players. Sunderland are going to sign Chopra from Cardiff for £5m, Koumas cost Wigan £5.3m, Kamara cost Fulham £6m and then you have rumours like Chimbonda to Chelsea for £12m! :s

Mark
11th July 2007, 11:36
1,000 posts up, time to start a new thread ;)