PDA

View Full Version : I will probably banned but... (Football chat) !

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

BeansBeansBeans
23rd May 2007, 00:03
I'm really nervous already. I hope we win (obviously), but I predict that Milan will beat us 2-0.

We need to stifle their creative playermakers (Kaka, Pirlo) if we're to stand a chance.

stevie_gerrard
23rd May 2007, 02:40
I think its a good decision to let Gerrard play behind kuyt, and have alonso and mascherano in midfield. As long as Bolo Zenden doesnt play and is injured, then i think Liverpool have a great cgance to win.

Not saying that they will, but it will be an exciting game to say the least! :D

i hope :p :

oily oaf
23rd May 2007, 07:25
Now I could be wrong here, God knows I've come pretty close in the past :( , but I have a feeling Liverpool are going to win this one comfortably by 2 or 3 goals.
IMHO Milan are far too hyped up for the match and I've a feeling that their desire for revenge could result in the loss of discipline and shape.
Coupled with the potent Liverpool attack, the wily football brain of Benitez and the ageing Milan defence I can see a big upset on the cards.
Good luck to both teams and lets hope we have a match that befits the occasion and a peacefull and trouble free aftermath.

Oily prediction: Scousers 3 AC Milan 1 :s mokin:

pino
23rd May 2007, 07:31
.... but I love the way AC Milan play, particularly in midfield.

I've been a Juve fan since I was 5 but I have an huge sympathy for Milan, because of their mentality and the way they are playing football. Yes their midfield has everything : class, strenght and fantasy :s mokin: Still it won't be easy to beat Liverpool...Let's hope for another excitiment match, but with a different winner this time :p :

Iain
23rd May 2007, 07:37
I just hope it's a good game and hasn't been over-hyped like the FA Cup Final was, which then turned out to be very very dull.

pino
23rd May 2007, 07:39
IMHO Milan are far too hyped up for the match and I've a feeling that their desire for revenge could result in the loss of discipline and shape.

That's the only thing that worries me, not Liverpool attack, neither Milan defense, Maldini at 39 is still one of the best defender in the world ;)

Forza Milan :D

Storm
23rd May 2007, 08:23
I've been a Juve fan since I was 5 .
oh dear..only 5 years of sanity in your life then :p :

It should be exciting tonight...I hope so atleast!
Gerrard will be key for Liverpool but I think Kuyt can be dangerous. Also Carragher is a important player as always especially to defuse Kaká

Gattuso is talking a bit too much but he does back up his words usually with his playing but I still think Benitez will be far too clever than Carlo overall..

If Gilardino starts, Liverpool will have a big chance :)
They will miss the quality Sheva or Crespo ...or even Ronaldo!

CarlMetro
23rd May 2007, 08:36
I'm wondering how many of Milans team were playing on Saturday when they lost at home to Udinese and whether fitness will become a factor? Not forgetting that Liverpool have had nice little break since their last match.

COME ON THE 'POOL!

pino
23rd May 2007, 09:14
oh dear..only 5 years of sanity in your life then :p :

At least I had 5 years, you had none :p :

No Gilardino won't play from the start...Carlo can't be that stupid, can he ? :s ;) Gattuso'´s talking too much ? didn't know you understand italian ? :p :

odykas
23rd May 2007, 10:00
Forza Milan :champion:

(Ancelotti excluded :evil: )

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd May 2007, 10:14
My brother and sister are going to Greece (via Germany :confused :)

I think it will be an embarrasment for Liverpool

CarlMetro
23rd May 2007, 10:22
If Liverpool do get beaten, they still have achieved more in Europe than any other British club this season, so if anything, the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal should be more embarrased than Liverpool.

Sad when Brits can't support Brits in international competition :(

Even as a die-hard, all my life, Spurs fan, if Arsenal were playing in the final tonight, I'd still be supporting them.

pino
23rd May 2007, 10:24
I think it will be an embarrasment for Liverpool

Are you saying this because you're a Man U fan ? :s I disagree, Liverpool has a great squad and Milan must play a perfect match to beat them !

pino
23rd May 2007, 10:25
If Liverpool do get beaten, they still have achieved more in Europe than any other British club this season, so if anything, the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal should be more embarrased than Liverpool.

Sad when Brits can't support Brits in international competition :(

Even as a die-hard, all my life, Spurs fan, if Arsenal were playing in the final tonight, I'd still be supporting them.

:up:

BeansBeansBeans
23rd May 2007, 10:43

:up:

Liverpool will have no need to be embarrassed, whatever the result. We've beaten some great teams, and knocked out the holders, so I'll be proud of the players whatever the result tonight.

Storm
23rd May 2007, 11:19
I'm wondering how many of Milans team were playing on Saturday when they lost at home to Udinese
Not many (or rather nobody) who will start tonight played in that game :)
Oliveira and Gourcuff..etc Costacurta's last game though.

oh and yeah...well done Juve for climbing back into Serie A...
There ! I said it...... :hmh: :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd May 2007, 11:48
Are you saying this because you're a Man U fan ? :s I disagree, Liverpool has a great squad and Milan must play a perfect match to beat them !

I am saying that because I am a Man Utd fan. ;) I want to say that Man Utd were beaten by the eventual champions. If I say that Liverpool are better than Milan, then I am saying Liverpool are better than ManYoo. I can't say that because I am too stubborn. I don't think that I could cope with by brother and sister bullying me because Liverpool have won the Champions League again. (and being jealous of them) Even more so as we were embarrased in Milan.

However, without Gattuso and Kaka, Milan are an average team.

CarlMetro
23rd May 2007, 12:14

I would say the same about Man Utd with Ronaldo and Giggs..........

BeansBeansBeans
23rd May 2007, 12:44

Ignoring the fact that Pirlo is the most important player in their team.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd May 2007, 12:58
Ignoring the fact that Pirlo is the most important player in their team.

Since when has that been a fact? :rolleyes: :confused: :o hplease:

BeansBeansBeans
23rd May 2007, 13:10
Since when has that been a fact?

Haha, fair point. However, it is my opinion that Pirlo is the most important player in the Milan team. This is an opinion shared by many football experts.

pino
23rd May 2007, 13:13

What about Nesta ? Seedorf ? not to mention Pirlo who's in charge of the miidfield and starts all Milan's contra-attacks or Maldini who's the real soul of the squad and alone his presence gives Milan an huge strenght...

You're totally wrong :p :

pino
23rd May 2007, 13:19
btw Ital TV have just said 40.000 british fans are in Athens :eek:

jim mcglinchey
23rd May 2007, 17:41
Pity those fans on board todays last flight out of Liverpool to Athens......the plane broke down on the runway and the flight was cancelled. The hysterical fans were last seen beating a path to the airline HQ.

jim mcglinchey
23rd May 2007, 20:40
That diving b+++++d Kaka, no way was that a free kick.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd May 2007, 21:58
What about Nesta ? Seedorf ? not to mention Pirlo who's in charge of the miidfield and starts all Milan's contra-attacks or Maldini who's the real soul of the squad and alone his presence gives Milan an huge strenght...

You're totally wrong :p :

I just really rate Gattuso. :p I based my point on the opinion on the Man Utd game at Old Trafford when Gattuso had a more central role, he controlled the game until he was taken off. Then Carrick and Scholes ran the game. He reminds me of a certain Irishman who played for Man Utd and I was gutted when Man Utd didn't sign him last year. Nesta is a solid centre back, Seedorf and Maldini are both past it.

Back today's match I believe that Liverpool were the better team but they just don't have an out and out goalscorer in the team. Milan had two chances and scored two goals.

alfa155btcc
23rd May 2007, 22:38
That diving b+++++d Kaka, no way was that a free kick.

I think you were watching a different game, and the fould alonso comitted he should of been sent off that`s how much your comment about Kaka`s dive means don`t make me laugh, MIlan were`nt the better team in the first half but liverpool never made there chances count and that`s what football is about scoring goals, WELL DONE MILAN. :p : :p : :p : :p : :p :

Those Smiles count them and add 2 that`s how many times Milan have won champios League lol.

alfa155btcc
23rd May 2007, 22:41
btw Ital TV have just said 40.000 british fans are in Athens :eek:

Not a bad few month`s if your italian like myself, forst we win the World Cup Forza Italia, Then Italian team wins Champions League, and personally for me another high Juventus Get promotion and Chelsea stop Man Utd Getting a double life just gets better and better.

:s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

stevie_gerrard
23rd May 2007, 22:56
Liverpool came out all guns blazing.... and still lost :p :

Im gutted, Gerrard had a number of good chances to take control of that game, and he didnt take advantage of them. Cant complain with any of the goals.

If only they'd sell Zenden, Liverpool would have played Kewell and therefore wouldnt have lost :p :

And once again, Zenden had a shocker, how many chances can you give the lad rafa?

Bezza
23rd May 2007, 22:59
I'm happy. Well done Milan and in particular Filippo Inzaghi. A team with Harry Kewell and Jermaine Pennant in it shouldn't be winning the CL, so justice has been done. Saying that, it was a poor game, at least the right team won. Wasn't looking forward to unearthing of Liverpool fans from behind the woodwork like in 2005.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd May 2007, 23:03
I just can't help thinking that this was ManUtds chance to win the Champions League. If only Rio and Vidic hadn't been injured for the Semi. :bigcry: :bigcry:

Rollo
24th May 2007, 00:00
I'm happy. Well done Milan and in particular Filippo Inzaghi. A team with Harry Kewell and Jermaine Pennant in it shouldn't be winning the CL, so justice has been done. Saying that, it was a poor game, at least the right team won.

Liverpool got there by finishing third in 2005/06. Couldn't agree more... England should only have two spots in Europe because clearly the standard of English football isn't good enough :D

The FA Cup final this year was quality?

I'd say that Inzaghi's deflection was probably a handball, but if that wasn't a goal, then the second most definately was. Liverpool gave the match away to AC by playing a better class of football for about 44 minutes and then dropped their heads. It proves again the old adage that you can't win if you don't score.
If Inzaghi wasn't credited with man of the match then I really don't know who else to give it to, except maybe Oddo who did play with ticker.

Fair dos to AC Milan, they made their chances count. It was a good cup win for them.

Storm
24th May 2007, 06:55
So Ancellotti finally had the right idea and put Inzaghi instead of Gilardino.
Good game by Milan and congrats to them but I can't help but feeling that it was Liverpool's game after creating so many chances....Gerrard should have score the one that Dida saved as should have Pennant earlier.

Jermaine Pennant? What does Rafa see in this guy...yes he is fast and can cross sometimes...but mostly he gave the ball away and hit long crosses...wingers should understand that there job is to feed the strikers!
Also if you I were a goal down at half time, wouldn't I change one of the defensive pivots (Alonso or Mascherano) for Crouch right away?

They needed a goal badly and they only got it after Milan had scored their 2nd...so it was a bit pointless. Benitez, I expected more :s

I just can't help thinking that this was ManUtds chance to win the Champions League.
If only Rio and Vidic hadn't been injured for the Semi.

Ha ! Kaká would have been good enough to make a fool out of the overhyped Rio and Vidic just like he did to Heinze and Evra :)

oily oaf
24th May 2007, 07:09
Firstly Congratulations to Milan. Seven European Cups is a fantastic achievement.
As for the game itself I thought Liverpool created enough chances to win two finals but sadly for them the killer finishing of a Michael Owen, Ian Rush or Robbie Fowler was sadly lacking.
Far be it from me to criticise Rafa Benitez, a man who's probably forgotten more about footie than I'll ever know, but I would have thought that with Liverpool dominating the first half and with Pennant running riot down the right flank the introduction of big Peter Crouch may have been the way forward.
But hey! What does a poor old mechanic know about the beautiful game eh? ;)

Finally I'm genuinely pleased for Paulo Maldini, an Italian legend on the field and a gentleman off it.
Well done to the old fella.
Hey maybe there's still a chance for me to break into the West Ham side next season. Whaddya reckon fellas? :s mokin:

pino
24th May 2007, 07:23
Not a great match I must say, and especially not the Milan I used to watch, the nerves (see Gattuso) and the chance to get a revange from Liverpool where the main reasons for Milan poor 1st half. Liverpool played better for most of the game, but without a real striker like Inzaghi it's very difficult to score. Why was Crouch put in the game so late ? :crazy: Also like Storm said, why play Pennant, I think Benitez made 2 big mistakes there. Anyway Congrats to Milan, I am particularly happy for former Juve's Pippo, and for the leggendary Maldini...bravo :up:

odykas
24th May 2007, 08:26
Not a good game but I will remember:
a) Pippo
b) Liverpool fans

AndyRAC
24th May 2007, 09:05
Strange one for me, a Liverpool fan who likes Milan, I'd say that's the worst I've seen Milan play in a final, yet they won; because they had a striker. Liverpool had plenty of possession but no end product, a lack of real quality. I was expecting a Milan win to be from some spellbiding play, remember 1994, (Savicevic, il Genio). At least now Liverpool can now have a clear out and purchase a real top notch striker, even if you play poorly you'll always have a chance.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th May 2007, 10:38
Liverpool fans are blamed for the chaos that flared up in Greece.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6686867.stm

Personally I blame UEFA for giving too many tickets to big cheeses and not enough to true fans.

pino
24th May 2007, 13:44
I feel sorry for those fans who were not allowed into the stadium, eventhough they had a proper ticket...not a fake one. If I were one of them I would've gone crazy :angryfire :

alfa155btcc
24th May 2007, 13:55
I do for the minority that did have genuine tickets but lets not forget one thing, they were told well in advance if you don`t have a ticket don`t travel so what do they do. Who knows better than LIverpool fan`s what they have been through with the disaster that happened to many Juve fans in Brussells then the other disaster at Hillsborough, but there were liverpool fan`s sitting on steps of stadium and baombarding the 3 security check points it just makes me wonder have they really got any idea how dangerous last night could of been, and no one has mentioned the footage on ITN News show`s Liverpool and Milan fan`s throwing bottles and chairs at each other come on guys they are all grown up, act like it.
:s mokin:

Brown, Jon Brow
24th May 2007, 14:08
My brother and sister were there (they got back at 11:30 this morning) And they have said the organisation was very poor. Apprantly they could see a number of seats that were shared by two people. :\ I don't think that a 60,000 capacity stadium is big enough for this kind of event.

alfa155btcc
24th May 2007, 18:22
My brother and sister were there (they got back at 11:30 this morning) And they have said the organisation was very poor. Apprantly they could see a number of seats that were shared by two people. :\ I don't think that a 60,000 capacity stadium is big enough for this kind of event.

that`s terrible, but the worst thing is as it was at fa cup final not enough tickets go to real supporters, 25,000 each for chelsea and the same for man utd then 40,000 to corporate it`s a disgrace, and as for last night 17,000 to ac milan and the same for Liverpool.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th May 2007, 20:53
that`s terrible, but the worst thing is as it was at fa cup final not enough tickets go to real supporters, 25,000 each for chelsea and the same for man utd then 40,000 to corporate it`s a disgrace, and as for last night 17,000 to ac milan and the same for Liverpool.

My brother has blamed the other Liverpool fans who went without a ticket. Apparently the stadium didn't have real turnstiles and they just pushed their way into the stadium knocking over the fences and causing a crush in the stadium. Nobody used the seats, it was like an all standing event. There must have been over 40,000 Liverpool fans inside, so the gates were closed, and fans with real tickets were left outside.

Also, the Athens airport couldn't cope with the number of fans there.

BeansBeansBeans
24th May 2007, 21:26
Nobody should be trying to enter a football stadium without a ticket, so those that did are to blame. It has to be said though, that UEFA handled the whole situation terribly.

BeansBeansBeans
24th May 2007, 21:27
A team with Harry Kewell and Jermaine Pennant in it shouldn't be winning the CL, so justice has been done.

Whatever you think of Pennant, he was arguably the man of the match last night.

pino
24th May 2007, 22:07
.... There must have been over 40,000 Liverpool fans inside, so the gates were closed, and fans with real tickets were left outside.

Unfortunatelly that was the problem...too many english fans without tickets, why were allow to get to Athens without tickets anyway ? :crazy:

Rollo
25th May 2007, 00:26
Crowd violence is obviously an "English" disease and UEFA and FIFA stand by this. They'll convienietly ignore the Leeds fans who were stabbed to death in Instanbul, or the people deported from France in '98 without cause, or people deported from Germany in 2006.

Italian football can't be the cause at all. The evidence of only 5 clubs being allowed to play at home in the Serie A this season is irrelevant. They obviously can't be the cause as William Gaillard has pointed out:
"Unfortunately in Britain it is the behavior. Liverpool fans are responsible for the problems before, during and after the game."

Also irrelevant are reports from the BBC that Liverpool fans from as far away as Norway travelling to Athens (who for the purposes of UEFAs report must have been English) were pepper-sprayed and hit in the face with clubs.

UEFAs offficial stance has been since 1986 that all violence is "English". They're the ruling body - they must be right.

Storm
25th May 2007, 07:23
Whatever you think of Pennant, he was arguably the man of the match last night.
Are you serious BBB ?!
What exactly did he do? kicked straight at Dida when he could have scored or even better crossed to Kuyt/Gerrard in the middle...hit atleast 2 crosses way over everybody's head.....what kind of man of the match performance is that?

I thinkhe has potential to be a good winger, he is fast but he lacks consistency and frankly he doesn't look good enough to help Liverpool win anything.

Brown, Jon Brow
25th May 2007, 09:50
, why were allow to get to Athens without tickets anyway ? :crazy:

You can't stop tourists just going to Athens! Anyway, the stadium was in an Olympic complex. You needed a ticket to get into the complex, yet people got into the complex without tickets.

Liverpool fans have a seriuos attitude problem. My brother is a life long LFC fan but mow he knows why Heysel and Hillsborough happened.

AS for English fans always stiring trouble in Europe. How can it be English fans fault? WE don't get ant vilonce in our domestic league (unless Milwall play Carlisle :\ ) It's UEFA's bad organisation.

BeansBeansBeans
25th May 2007, 10:16
Liverpool fans have a seriuos attitude problem. My brother is a life long LFC fan but mow he knows why Heysel and Hillsborough happened.

I suggest you read up on what happened at Hillsborough before saying things like that.

Mark
25th May 2007, 10:17
Self fulfilling prophecy? The police expect English fans to cause trouble, so they are heavy handed on them from the start, and guess what.. there is trouble..

stevie_gerrard
25th May 2007, 10:25
hold on a second, i thought pennant had his best game this season on the right, those who are saying he was shocking, what was so shocking about his performance? i thought he made a right fool out of the left side of milan all night, and put in some decent passes. Okay, the kid may have a lot to learn, but i thought this was a great experience for him.

I agree though, Crouch should have come on much earlier.

Brown, Jon Brow
25th May 2007, 10:28
I suggest you read up on what happened at Hillsborough before saying things like that.

I have, and my brother said a similar thing happend. All the fans ouside the stadium were pushing to get in, so the stewards opened the gates to stop people at the front of the queue getting crushed. This caused everyone to rush into the stadium, overfilling the stadium.

BeansBeansBeans
25th May 2007, 10:34
Ok. So Lord Justice Taylor, over a very long period of time, stuied all the information from the game and absolved Liverpool fans of blame completely.

Jon Brown from Preston disagrees because his brother attended a match 19 years later, and some Liverpool fans were badly behaved.

Brown, Jon Brow
25th May 2007, 10:41
Ok. So Lord Justice Taylor, over a very long period of time, stuied all the information from the game and absolved Liverpool fans of blame completely.

Jon Brown from Preston disagrees because his brother attended a match 19 years later, and some Liverpool fans were badly behaved.

Now your talking sense :up:

I'd would have thought that Liverpool fans know better than any other what can happen when fans try and push into a satdium. They showed a lack of respect for the other that died in those other tragedies.

However, if the event was organised correctly then no problems would occur.

raphael123
25th May 2007, 13:30
What do you guys reckon of Berbatov maybe going to Man Utd for £39m? Well, its £29m = Saha, who is apparently rated at £11ish. I personally think Man Utd should go for Bent. Obviously Berbatov would be better, but not for that price!

alfa155btcc
25th May 2007, 15:00
I think Berbatov will stay personally give it another season and move on, I would love him at chelsea, i think eventually he will move on here i don`t know but he`s the best player spurs have by a country mile and could play for any of the top teams here and around the world.

pino
26th May 2007, 11:03
Didier Deschamps has resigned :eek:

Ian McC
26th May 2007, 11:12
I think Berbatov will stay personally give it another season and move on, I would love him at chelsea, i think eventually he will move on here i don`t know but he`s the best player spurs have by a country mile and could play for any of the top teams here and around the world.

They won't sell him, why should they? Spurs are very ambitious at the moment, selling him would be a backward step.

alfa155btcc
26th May 2007, 12:00

No way, I thought he would stay after all is good work :eek:

stevie_gerrard
26th May 2007, 13:47
Beckham back in the england squad, thats made my girlfriend a very happy girl :) i suppose he deserves a chance, but he better not screw it up if hes gonna be picked ahead of lennon on the right.

alfa155btcc
26th May 2007, 15:12
Beckham back in the england squad, thats made my girlfriend a very happy girl :) i suppose he deserves a chance, but he better not screw it up if hes gonna be picked ahead of lennon on the right.

it was always going to happen, he has been playing great football for Real Madrid and personally I think he could of played another season or 2 with real madrid, and gone to america after think he made the wrong decision there.

alfa155btcc
26th May 2007, 15:14

has just read english national paper and the rumours are he will be on bench for next game with Juve but is being linked with jod vacany at Lyon, Houlier has left.

raphael123
27th May 2007, 01:12
They won't sell him, why should they? Spurs are very ambitious at the moment, selling him would be a backward step.

For £30m, plus Saha, you could make some great signings for that!

I like Spurs these days - investing in young British talent - I wish some of the bigger clubs would do too!

raphael123
27th May 2007, 01:15
I think bringing Becks back is definately the right decision. We didn't realise how much we would miss him, though he wasn't at his best before when playing for England. He's doing great at the moment, and it would be silly on Steve's part not to re-call him.

The same applies for James, on this seasons form, he should be No1, not Robinson.

I hope Becks is picked, and puts in a blinder! Also, Lampard should be dropped, and Gerrard given the MC position, with either Hargreaves (if fit) or Carrick as a defensive midfielder, and Joe Cole on left. If we are struggling, then bring on Lampard. Lampard is an awesome player, but Gerrard and Lampard together in centre of midfield doesn't work.

Ian McC
27th May 2007, 09:48
with either Hargreaves (if fit) or Carrick as a defensive midfielder

I was wondering how Man U plan to accomodate both of them, I'm not a fan of Hargreaves, I think he is too defensive for my liking, I would choose Carrick for England, or play King in that position.

Ian McC
27th May 2007, 09:49
For £30m, plus Saha, you could make some great signings for that!

You could do but it sends out a negative message, if you want to break into the top four you don't sell your best players to them.

pino
27th May 2007, 12:43
Deschamps exit has been confirmed, here are the candidates to take over :

Lippi
Capello
Ferrara
Delio Rossi
Novellino
Vialli

I would love to have Vialli, but the biggest candidate, and the most wanted by Juve fans is Lippi...

Ian McC
27th May 2007, 12:58
Deschamps exit has been confirmed, here are the candidates to take over :

Lippi
Capello
Ferrara
Delio Rossi
Novellino
Vialli

I would love to have Vialli, but the biggest candidate, and the most wanted by Juve fans is Lippi...

Sven maybe? :p :

pino
27th May 2007, 14:09
Sven maybe? :p :

No thanks :p :

raceafi Jr.MS
27th May 2007, 14:56
I just can't help thinking that this was ManUtds chance to win the Champions League. If only Rio and Vidic hadn't been injured for the Semi. :bigcry: :bigcry:

it was a fight.
Vandersar could of done a better job but it was a good goal
I realy thought ManU would beat Chealsy but Drogba was good that game.

Ian McC
27th May 2007, 19:05
No thanks :p :

Well he is looking for a job! ;)

Rollo
28th May 2007, 00:07
Yeovil 0 - Blackpool 2

For the first time in 70 years, Blackpool have strung together 10 wins in a row. For the first time in my lifetime, they'll be on television next year.

I don't necessarily care is they fall back down again (because that's probably expected) but it gives Blackpool two derbys against that purilent pile of pus, Preston.

BLACKPOOL HAVE GONE UP!... for now. :D

pino
28th May 2007, 06:41
http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/serie_a_2007/risultati_classifiche/

Inter (champ) Roma, Milan, Lazio in Champions League.

Fiorentina, Palermo, Empoli, in UEFA Cup

Chievo :( Messina, Ascoli, in Serie B

janneppi
28th May 2007, 09:36
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6697159.stm

Football's governing body, Fifa, has banned international teams from playing matches at more than 2,500m (8,200ft) above sea level.Can we ban playing games when temperatures are over 25C while were at i, it puts the Nordic teams to a dis-advantage against Southern countries? :p :

odykas
28th May 2007, 10:12
Forza Lippi :cool: :devil:

Bezza
28th May 2007, 12:37
Yeovil 0 - Blackpool 2

For the first time in 70 years, Blackpool have strung together 10 wins in a row. For the first time in my lifetime, they'll be on television next year.

I don't necessarily care is they fall back down again (because that's probably expected) but it gives Blackpool two derbys against that purilent pile of pus, Preston.

BLACKPOOL HAVE GONE UP!... for now. :D

I'm looking forward to it already. A proper derby at last - for seven years we've pretended Burnley is the big one. Even Leeds have had some angst directed towards them. But this is the real one.

Well done though - you looked a good team, wouldn't be surprised if you stayed up comfortably.

Be nice to spank the Donkey-Lashers again. I still remember last time:

PNE 3 Blackpool 0. David Eyres freekick right into the top corner. Majestic.

stevie_gerrard
28th May 2007, 13:33
West Brom vs Derby 3pm KO for £60 million..........

GO DERBY! :p :

futuretiger9
28th May 2007, 17:54
And Derby prevailed 1-0, against the predictions of most pundits!

alfa155btcc
28th May 2007, 17:57
West Brom vs Derby 3pm KO for £60 million..........

GO DERBY! :p :

I wanted derby to win and they did 1-0 well done to derby and there manager Billy Davies

GridGirl
28th May 2007, 18:32
I've been busy working today, when I got back to the train station afterwards and saw my blue and white stripey car it was so upsetting. :bigcry: As a fan I'm gutted, I love them to bits.

As the employee of a firm that was founded by a West Brom player, that later became a director at the club, and has been their accountants since 1885 I'm not happy at all. I was looking forward to doing the Audit this summer, tea and biscuits in the board room, physically verifying premiership players ;) . Now I have to face the possiblity of dealing with a mass exodus of players, and sorting out all the financial implications of what another year in the Championshipo will mean. Its going to be a complete and utter nightmare!!!!!!! :bigcry:

Oh well, at least next year we can thrash the Wolves again, and I'm sure I can still do my physical verification, just as long as the good looking ones stay :D

Bezza
28th May 2007, 21:04
Hard luck GridGirl. I know how you feel to lose in a Play Off Final. Had that feeling three times :(

I think you were the better team but it just never went your way. Derby have had luck on their side all season, and here was another example really, although the goal was well worked.

Not been good for me this. Donkey Lashers promoted, PNE miss out on play-offs and Billy Judas Dwarf Davies takes Derby up.

Roll on 2007/2008 - how about 1) PNE and 2) West Brom ? :D

jso1985
28th May 2007, 21:56
Now I'm really p***ed off :mad: FIFA bans high-altitude football
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6697159.stm

so where the hell are we suppossed to play? shoulnd't we have the right to play where we live like everyone else?

for the record not a single player has died playing in a high altitude city, while some has died playing at big heat and humidity.

right, it's gives some advantage to the local team to play in such altitude, but saying that it affects the footballers health is an invalid statement, just because some Brazilian and Argentine wuzzes can't beat us now we got a ban :mad:

stupid FIFA :mad: :mad:

MrJan
29th May 2007, 21:19
Morecambe 2 Exeter 1 was clearly a better match.

From some people's point of view it was a better match. For me it was the worst game of the season.

Sorry to drag this game up but it took me a week before I could hear the word Wembley without cringing let alone talk about the game. As an Exeter fan I believe that it was our last chance for many years to come to break back into the league. The exodus of players has already begun and I really don't believe we can do it again. To be honest I'm not sure I could hack the playoffs again, it's a terrible thing to have to endure. The semi finals (which went to penalties) were horribly tense and although we got a trip to Wembley and took two records away (first red card and first penalty save) I felt crushed by the defeat.

To add to my disappointment I was not impressed by the stadium as much as I'd expected. Having been to the Emirates and Old Trafford this season (as a neutral, wouldn't ream of supporting either of them) it lacked the wow factor. Most of this was due to the damp atmosphere created by the stupid number of City fans who just went for the trip rather than the team. Whenever a chant started up it died out very quickly as no one was taking part. If the team were on the attack no one stood up in anticipation like at most football games. Instead people sat and complained that I was stood up, not because they had kids with them or were short but because they had no connection with the club which made them care about the result. Even when we scored the cheering died down very quickly and i believe that had we taken half as many people but with more die-hards then the crowd could have spurred the team on.

Of course the stupid middle tier didn't help, seperating huge numbers of fans but if you are going to build a stadium that costs 727 million you need to pay for it with boxes and the like. The stadium is still very impressive and I think that given a competative England game (when the fans truly believe in the team again) it will be rocking.

It was an up and down season for me which came so very close to being great. In the end not only did we end up staying down but I came away almost ashamed but the huge number of crap fans that my team has, at least come August we'll be back down to 3,000 proper fans, and perhaps with a few decent signigns we can get out of the Blue Square Premier as they have decided to call the conference next year. I'm not holding my breath though.

stevie_gerrard
30th May 2007, 00:54
Roll on 2007/2008 - how about 1) PNE and 2) West Brom ? :D

I think wolves will have something to say about that :p :

I was honestly gutted for the albion, i thought they would do a lot better in the premiership than derby ever will, and WBA pretty much dominated 70 minutes of the game. However, you blew the chances you had, and as a wolves fan, i cant show much sympathy, so hahahahahahaha :p :

I'm still glad to have the black country derbys though, cause they are good games to watch. Not so sure u'll thrash us next season though ;)

Still, my old geography teacher is a derby fan and he was chuffed to bits :p :

alfa155btcc
30th May 2007, 16:00
there is a strong rumour that Claudio Ranieri is meeting officials with his agent to do with him taking over at Manchester City, if this does progress he is wanted by Parma to stay on after he kept them up.

oily oaf
30th May 2007, 16:38
According to todays paper Ranieri has denied any contact with city and has reafirmed his desire to stay with Parma who he describes as "A healthy club run by people who love football"

Personally I'm glad he's not going to City. He's far too nice a guy to have to put up with all the aggravation and abuse that goes hand in hand with being a Premiership manager.

You stay where you are Claudio mate. The food and weather are better too.
Especially the ham ;)

Iain
30th May 2007, 20:43
£8.5m bid from the Irons for Scott Parker, Oily. Reo-Coker's replacement? He is good, but is he £8.5m good? Then again you see how much Carrick and Hargreaves cost. Very overinflated prices.

stevie_gerrard
31st May 2007, 02:04
Scott Parker is a brilliant player, im surprised Newcastle are willing to sell him, hes been one of Newcastles better players in the last 18 months, along with Dyer and Martins. He never really got his chance though with England.

Scotland won as well tonight by the way, plenty of internationals on the way to keep us a little interested over the close season.

Storm
31st May 2007, 08:18
Close season? heck no

La Liga has 2 games to go and I am waiting for those...stupid internationals coming in the way :dozey:

CarlMetro
31st May 2007, 08:32
I'm probably showing my ignorance here Storm but I was wondering whether there is much football played in India? Is it regional or do you have national leagues?

pino
31st May 2007, 08:37
... and I am waiting for those...stupid internationals coming in the way :dozey:

Hey Danmark vs Sweden is going to be a great fight I can assure you, also don't forget Far-Oer vs Italy...it's a crucial match for the Azzurri :p :

pino
31st May 2007, 08:45
Talking about La Liga, there's a total caos at the moment, everyone is accussing everyone of cheating, and favouritisme towards others Club involved ether in title or the relegation fight...

Storm
31st May 2007, 10:29
I'm probably showing my ignorance here Storm but I was wondering whether there is much football played in India? Is it regional or do you have national leagues?

Well not as much footie played here or to the standard as I would like but still we do have plenty of football (pro, semi pro etc) Schools, Uni level, district, state level and a professional league (NFL, some city clubs with some corporates kinda thing)
East Bengal and Mohun Bagan are probably the most famous, both of which come from football mad Kolkata (Calcutta)...Current champions are Dempo SC from Goa IIRC..

http://www.the-aiff.com/ - Official fed site
http://www.indianfootball.com/ - unofficial site and much better

Some trivia....a domestic cup tournament - "Durand Cup is the oldest football tournament in India and 3rd oldest football tournament in the world, only the English FA Cup and the Scottish FA Cup are older than it." -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durand_Cup

oily oaf
31st May 2007, 16:49
£8.5m bid from the Irons for Scott Parker, Oily. Reo-Coker's replacement? He is good, but is he £8.5m good? Then again you see how much Carrick and Hargreaves cost. Very overinflated prices.

Looks as if we may have ensnared the little rascal for a mere 7m. Cheap at half the price gentlemen ;)
I'm convinced he will be a valuable additon to the already star-studded claret and blue hoardes although I'm equally certain that he will either:
a) Play as if he's got his bootlaces tied together and stumble all over the park like a kid in a playpen
or
b) Pick up a career threatening injury getting his haircut in the Mile End Road.
For such is the certain fate of any player that costs the Hammers more than a Tenner in my bitter experience :(

oily oaf
31st May 2007, 17:22
"Former Chelsea and Denmark star Tor Andre Flo has agreed to stay at Leeds next season and spearhead their fight to return to the Championship" - The Sun

Translation: No other bugger wants him.

Iain
31st May 2007, 18:01
I can't believe one club whose name escapes me at the moment paid £12m for him...... :mark:

oily oaf
31st May 2007, 18:21
I can't believe one club whose name escapes me at the moment paid £12m for him...... :mark:

No neither can they.

pino
31st May 2007, 22:02
"Former Chelsea and Denmark star Tor Andre Flo...

Flo is from Norway not Denmark :p :

Iain
31st May 2007, 22:10
Norway have made him Danish, he was that bad. :p :

He was decent when he was a £300,000 bargain signing for Chelsea, but never a multi-million pound player.

oily oaf
1st June 2007, 07:15
Flo is from Norway not Denmark :p :

Stop messing about Pino :mad:
You'll be trying to tell me next that Paulo Di Canio is an Italian chap :eek:
Everybody in football knows that Paulo was born in Stepney Green East London and lived his entire life above The Queen's Head boozer in The High Street.

Uh Oh! Looks like I was wrong about Signor Rannieri :(
He's quit Parma and looks to be headed for Man City after all.
Don't do it Claudio my son. It never stops bloody raining up there and it'll make a complete mess of your hair :(

pino
1st June 2007, 08:19
Uh Oh! Looks like I was wrong about Signor Rannieri :(
He's quit Parma and looks to be headed for Man City after all.
Don't do it Claudio my son. It never stops bloody raining up there and it'll make a complete mess of your hair :(

You could still right about Ranieri, it looks like Lippi won't take over at Juve anyway, so Claudio is now on top list to get the job. Why not my idol Gianluca Vialli ? :(

alfa155btcc
1st June 2007, 10:56
I agree Pino they should give Luca Vialli a chance :eek:

Iain
1st June 2007, 12:54
Has Vialli had another job since he left Watford?

pino
1st June 2007, 21:48
Has Vialli had another job since he left Watford?

Unfortunatelly no, and that could be the main problem for him :(

Bezza
1st June 2007, 23:11
I can't see how he has the credentials to manage Juventus! Cocked it right up at Watford he did.

Ranieri's off to City, its a known fact. He's going nowhere near Juve.

Brown, Jon Brow
1st June 2007, 23:16
England 1-1 Brazil.

We proved that we are hard to beat but have no cutting edge.

Brazil proved that they can't defend set-pieces. Anyone remember 98 world cup final or qtr final against France last year? When will they learn :rolleyes:

pino
2nd June 2007, 07:13
I can't see how he has the credentials to manage Juventus! Cocked it right up at Watford he did.

Credentials are in his name : Gianluca Vialli :s mokin: :p :

Ranieri's off to City, its a known fact. He's going nowhere near Juve.

Claudio hasn't signed yet, but for what concern me...he can go to City ;)

oily oaf
2nd June 2007, 07:26
Credentials are in his name : Gianluca Vialli :s mokin: :p :

Claudio hasn't signed yet, but for what concern me...he can go to City ;)

Pino I would hate to see Luca go back into management. He's far too nice a guy and would be much better off staying as a pundit on Italian telly.
He doesn't need the money that's for sure ;)

alfa155btcc
3rd June 2007, 15:00
that`s true but i agree with Pino it`s the not just him but his name would attract big big players

stevie_gerrard
4th June 2007, 00:08
Positives for England going in to Estonia game:

1) They played better than recent performances
2) Beckham was back and was superb
3) Terry, Gerrard and even Owen (a little) impressed and showed that they can be good for England. Owen does need more games though before he can try gain that yard back.
4) Nicky Shorey is good enough for England, after putting in a solid performance. May have been at fault for the goal though.

Negatives for England going into the Estonia game:

1) They continue to play Lampard, or how i like to call him, "Fat frank" :p :
2) The England manager never knows when to replace a player thats struggling for form or is tired. Crouch was needed much earlier than the 83rd minute, to get his head onto the quality crosses from beckham, or make a much bigger impact than he did.
3)England never learn that football games are 90 minutes, and not 75 or 80. It was so predictable that Brazil would score in the last minute, that i would have put my house on it (if it was mine :p : ) FAR TOO DEFENSIVE, you have to push out, otherwise you get sucked into the trap as normal. 1-0 is never enough.
4) "A defence without Jon Terry is no defence at all" i live by that quote, he was unlucky to be injured, but as soon as he left, they were shocking at the back. Hate to say it cause hes a Chelsea player, but the guys a fortress and a legend :up:

pino
4th June 2007, 12:38
Juventus has decided, Ranieri will be the new coach, the contract will be signed very very soon ;) First new name for Juve : Sissoko from Liverpool :eek:

Storm
4th June 2007, 13:33
Ranieri is a nice guy but can he make a promoted team go further in Seria A? :p :

SEATFreak
4th June 2007, 14:18
On a serious domestic issue, when I heard that someone from Sheffield United FC stated that he was confident the Blades could be re-instated into the Premiership I couldn't help but feel a twinge of anger.

If they do get re-instated what will happen? Will the FA play an extra 21st team in the Premiership next season and if not will they decide to replace them? And if so whom?

West Ham who is the target for their anger for not being penalised for the Carlos Tevez saga? Will it be Wigan who finished above them on goal difference? Will it be one of the three promoted sides?

I feel this whole thing may get a bit convoluted if the FA re-instate Sheffield United into the Premiership.

CarlMetro
4th June 2007, 16:01
On a serious domestic issue, when I heard that someone from Sheffield United FC stated that he was confident the Blades could be re-instated into the Premiership I couldn't help but feel a twinge of anger.

If they do get re-instated what will happen? Will the FA play an extra 21st team in the Premiership next season and if not will they decide to replace them? And if so whom?

West Ham who is the target for their anger for not being penalised for the Carlos Tevez saga? Will it be Wigan who finished above them on goal difference? Will it be one of the three promoted sides?

I feel this whole thing may get a bit convoluted if the FA re-instate Sheffield United into the Premiership.

Hopefully this will explain it for you........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/6716185.stm

Sheffield United plc chairman Kevin McCabe is confident the club will be reinstated to the Premiership.
An arbitration panel on 18 June will hear the Blades' claim against the Premier League's failure to dock West Ham points over the Carlos Tevez saga.

"I firmly believe we will win and the previous decision will be overturned," McCabe told BBC Five Live Sport.

"Officials have said that if the arbitration overturns the previous decision then we should be reinstated."

The Blades are challenging a decision to fine West Ham rather than dock them points and cancel striker Tevez's registration.

The Premier League had initially told Sheffield United, who were relegated on the last day of the season, that they were wasting their time and money.

But McCabe claims officials have since told the club they will regain their top-flight status if their claim is successful.

oily oaf
4th June 2007, 16:51
I must admit I won't really be able to relax until this whole ludicrous business is cleared up.
Perhaps Mr McCabe would do well to reflect on the fact that West Ham were doing just fine until we signed Tevez and Mascherano after which our form slumped alarmingly and we plummeted into the relegation zone.
So I would suggest that rather than enhance the team the 2 Argie boys, through no fault of their own, were the architects of our downfall.

I would also suggest that the Blades chairman finds another place to live if some of the talk on the unofficial Hammers website is to be given creedence.

oily oaf
4th June 2007, 16:59
I have just watched a re-run of Friday nights match against Brazil and at one point co-commentator Mark Lawrenson pronounced "Paul Robinson was making himself big in the goalmouth"
Can I humbly suggest that he waits until he gets home and tunes into The Fantasy Channel before knuckling down (see what I did?) to that sort of thing.

Mavis Tugboat
11 Bigpants Approach
St Annes Clout

alfa155btcc
4th June 2007, 17:07
Juventus has decided, Ranieri will be the new coach, the contract will be signed very very soon ;) First new name for Juve : Sissoko from Liverpool :eek:

it`s official Ranieri has signed good luck to him but i don`t think he is good enough

alfa155btcc
4th June 2007, 17:12
Positives for England going in to Estonia game:

1) They played better than recent performances
2) Beckham was back and was superb
3) Terry, Gerrard and even Owen (a little) impressed and showed that they can be good for England. Owen does need more games though before he can try gain that yard back.
4) Nicky Shorey is good enough for England, after putting in a solid performance. May have been at fault for the goal though.

Negatives for England going into the Estonia game:

1) They continue to play Lampard, or how i like to call him, "Fat frank" :p :
2) The England manager never knows when to replace a player thats struggling for form or is tired. Crouch was needed much earlier than the 83rd minute, to get his head onto the quality crosses from beckham, or make a much bigger impact than he did.
3)England never learn that football games are 90 minutes, and not 75 or 80. It was so predictable that Brazil would score in the last minute, that i would have put my house on it (if it was mine :p : ) FAR TOO DEFENSIVE, you have to push out, otherwise you get sucked into the trap as normal. 1-0 is never enough.
4) "A defence without Jon Terry is no defence at all" i live by that quote, he was unlucky to be injured, but as soon as he left, they were shocking at the back. Hate to say it cause hes a Chelsea player, but the guys a fortress and a legend :up:

Glad to hear a liverpool fan admitting Terry is pure class, but as fro (fat frank) as you like to call him, he has`nt had the best of times but in the last 3 seasons goal scoring is 19,20,21 more than steve gerrard ?

Brown, Jon Brow
4th June 2007, 18:53
Gerrard is 10 times better than Fat Frank! The England midfield should be

Cole Gerrard Hargreaves Beckham

I would be surprised if Frank is still at Chelski next year though.

CarlMetro
4th June 2007, 19:43
Hargreaves

You put that one in as a joke, didn't you?

Brown, Jon Brow
4th June 2007, 19:48
No

CarlMetro
4th June 2007, 19:54
So you think that Hargeaves is one of the top four English midfield players currently available? Well at least you're not alone, McClaren seems to think he's great too, all I've ever seen from him is mediocre performances.

I would rather see Beckham in the middle with Gerard and Lennon on the right or Carrick or Jenas in the middle with Beckham or Lennon on the right. But then what do I know........... :\

BeansBeansBeans
4th June 2007, 20:37
We need a holding midfielder, and there's nobody (English) who can do a better job than Hargreaves. Also, I'd rather recall Carlton Palmer than have Jermaine Jenas in the middle.

stevie_gerrard
4th June 2007, 23:39
erm, i think you forget Carrick? and even Gerrard could do a better job, he did it against the brazilians :p :

And for Alfa155btcc's sake, Steven Gerrard has scored 12, 23 and 11 goals for liverpool in the past 3 seasons. ok not as good as Lampard, but i wasnt doubting Lampard's quality for Chelsea, he is a great player, but no-one can tell me one good performance that Lampard has given for England in the last 2 years, and for a guy who's scored so many goals in the premier league, our country expects a lot better off him.

And i am no Liverpool fan, wolves through and through, just cause i'm a fan of gerrard doesnt mean i'm a fan of liverpool, even though i like to see Liverpool perform well, and they are my favourites of the "big four".

From stevie_gerrard (Wolves for promotion next season :p : )

CarlMetro
4th June 2007, 23:48
We need a holding midfielder

Why do we need a holding midfielder? Why can't we just play two decent midfielders instead of playing the negative instead?

BTW I said Jenas for a joke, I personally think he's pants, he has mediocre to poor games every time I see him play for Spurs. He's probably the worst signing Martin Jol has made, after Hossam Ghaly that is ;)

pino
5th June 2007, 06:41
Pino I would hate to see Luca go back into management. He's far too nice a guy and would be much better off staying as a pundit on Italian telly.
He doesn't need the money that's for sure ;)

Actually for what I've read, Juve offered the job to Gianluca first, but he wanted too much money (€3 mill per year). Ranieri demanded €1 mill only, that's why he got the job...

But offcourse I will only believe in that when I hear it from Gianluca's mouth, he can't be that stupid, he's got plenty of money ;)

oily oaf
5th June 2007, 07:13
Now I'm going to make a bold statement here that may shock and even confuse some of my English friends in this esteemed debating society but I am going to state quite categorically that in the great footballing scheme of things ENGLAND ARE NOT VERY GOOD
And what is more my shell shocked compadres we never will be until the influx of foreign players is stemmed or better still frozen for the next 10 to 15 years.
At present the Premiership proudly boasts a mere 40% of homegrown talent with the rest drawn from all corners of the globe lured by hugely inflated salaries and all those birds with hardly any togs on that frequent niteclubs the length and breadth of this sceptered (sceptic?) Isle.
I is surely no coincidence that the most successful football nations are those whose upper echelons are replete with players from their own backyards. I cite current World Champions Italy as a prime example.
England are a fair to middling outfit at best. Inexorably doomed to be quarter final fodder for the foreseeable future unless there is an outbreak of joined up thinking by the FA. (I won't be holding my breath)
World Cups? Euro Championships? Not as long as I've got a hole in my arse. FACT.

Blimey I've even got my doubts about Estonia :(

pino
5th June 2007, 07:40
And what is more my shell shocked compadres we never will be until the influx of foreign players is stemmed or better still frozen for the next 10 to 15 years.
At present the Premiership proudly boasts a mere 40% of homegrown talent with the rest drawn from all corners of the globe lured by hugely inflated salaries and all those birds with hardly any togs on that frequent niteclubs the length and breadth of this sceptered (sceptic?)

I totally agree, that's England main problem, plus all the rich people coming from everyway who buy a Club, put many players from outside and they don't care about National Team. Only a miracle will qualify England to Euro 2008 unfortunatelly...

alfa155btcc
5th June 2007, 10:39
I totally agree, that's England main problem, plus all the rich people coming from everyway who buy a Club, put many players from outside and they don't care about National Team. Only a miracle will qualify England to Euro 2008 unfortunatelly...

that`s not true Pino look at us when i say us i mean italy we have many foreign players and have had for longer than Premiership and we are World Champions so what do you mean.

Campiono DEl Mondo

alfa155btcc
5th June 2007, 10:42
Gerrard is 10 times better than Fat Frank! The England midfield should be

Cole Gerrard Hargreaves Beckham

I would be surprised if Frank is still at Chelski next year though.

I would`nt expect anything less from a Man U fan Hargreaves !!!! it has taken Ferguson Carrick and Hargreaves to replace the legendary Keane that says it all, and as for 10 times better don`t be silly, i admit he is going through a bad patch but Frank on his day he is one of the best midfielders in the world.

alfa155btcc
5th June 2007, 10:43
Actually for what I've read, Juve offered the job to Gianluca first, but he wanted too much money (€3 mill per year). Ranieri demanded €1 mill only, that's why he got the job...

But offcourse I will only believe in that when I hear it from Gianluca's mouth, he can't be that stupid, he's got plenty of money ;)

I agree with you pino he does`nt need the money and i think he would of managed JUve for nothing :s mokin:

Brown, Jon Brow
5th June 2007, 13:03
Gerrard is England's best defensive midfielder and he is the best attacking midfielder. At Chelsea, I feel that Lamps is complimented by playing with class players like Drogba and Makalele. The best that I can recently remember England playing was at Euro 2004. We played at a Premiership pace and always looked like scoring goals. But with playing both Lamps and Gerrard together in every game, towards the end of the Portugal game of that tournament we looked tired. What I'm trying to say is that in a tournament we would get the best out of Gerrard and if we rotate the two in order to keep them fresh for the later stages.

Hargreaves is a quality ball winner but doesn't look as comfortable on the ball as Carrick, his passing is as good as anyones and could be a real asset for England.

All the best teams play a holding midfielder. Look at the world cup finalists Italy have Gatusso and France have Makalele and Viera.

Storm
5th June 2007, 15:29
When a team needs a holding midfielder, it means that their defense is crap.

oily oaf
5th June 2007, 17:15
that`s not true Pino look at us when i say us i mean italy we have many foreign players and have had for longer than Premiership and we are World Champions so what do you mean.

Campiono DEl Mondo

Italy have had a small number of foreign players for many years but they tend to be much more discerning with their buys. They tend to go for big name players who have proved themselves on the world stage which is why so few Englishmen have been successful over there. I can only think of two Brits that have made a real impression on Italian football. The great John Charles who played for Juventus in the late 50s and who I believe once won the Italian footballer of the year award and arguably Gazza who became a cult figure with Lazio during his brief tenure at the club.

The point I'm making is that Brazil, Italy, France and Germany the teams that have dominated world soccer for many years all have a high percentage of home grown talent in their top flight.
England have 60% of foreigners, some of whom couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Take the mighty Marco Boogers of West Ham for example. Brought by Harry Rednapp to wreak havoc in the opposition penalty box he played half a season before going barmy and running off to live in a caravan in Holland.
If I had my way the influx of foreign "stars" would be frozen immediately and a limit of 2 foreign players per club would be imposed.
Perhaps Mr Arsene Wenger could get the ball rolling by selling Henry to Inter and replacing the underachieving Frenchman with a new goal machine.
I could be wrong but I think Marco Boogers is looking for work :)

PS type out the name Wenger and then spell check it. I think the 3rd suggestion just about sums him up :D

alfa155btcc
5th June 2007, 17:39
i agree with you to a certain extent when italy had foreigners they had a limit of 3 foriegners for sometime until bosman came in and that screwed everything up, but since then they have had as many foriegners as anywhere else, but look at spain as good as premiership and in some places it is thought of as best domestic league in world but they have never done anything in world cups or european championships, and they have foreigners and not as many as premiership.

and you can never forget what some of the foreigners have brought to our game 3 names at the top of the lis a Certain Zola, Cantona and Bergkamp.
:s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

Brown, Jon Brow
5th June 2007, 19:30
The fact is that English players are too expensive. Carrick- nearly £20million, Walcott cost Arsenal an arm and a leg. This makes the rest of the Premiership clubs buy cheap average foreign players.

But how does the lack of English average players in the Prem, effect the national team success?? :confused: Players that are good enough to win international tournaments would be good enough to play for the top English clubs.

The problem comes further down the ranks in the junior leagues. Junior players are always forced to play in a certain position. eg you play right back, you play center midfield etc.... In places like Brazil, France and Italy kids play where they want. This way they learn better ball control, encourages flair and produces technically better players.

pino
5th June 2007, 21:45
I can only think of two Brits that have made a real impression on Italian football. The great John Charles who played for Juventus in the late 50s and who I believe once won the Italian footballer of the year award and arguably Gazza who became a cult figure with Lazio during his brief tenure at the club.

How about Liam Brady ? :s hock: You're disappointing me now oily mate :p :

stevie_gerrard
6th June 2007, 01:30
quick mention for the England u21's, who won convincingly 5-0 against slovakia, then won a penalty shoot out against them 4-3 just to make sure of the result :p :

what do people think of the possibility of having penalty shoot outs after a friendly before a major tournament? i really think it might help solve england's problems if they practiced penalties more in front of major crowds.

also to say, I've got high hopes of England winning the u21's UEFA Championship, they look in great form, and the second half was quite impressive. That is englands future, and it looks a lot brighter than Englands present. :)

oily oaf
6th June 2007, 07:26
How about Liam Brady ? :s hock: You're disappointing me now oily mate :p :

I hate to say it Pino old chap but Liam is not British.
He was born in and played for The Republic of Ireland which is not part of The United Kingdom.
You'll never catch me out matey :p
Having said that, Brady was a fantastic player who starred for mighty Juventus and even mightier West Ham ;)
Unfortunately he spoiled it by turning out in the vile red and white of Arsole.....sorry Arsenal.

I was going to explain in detail why the influx of foreign players are detrimental to the England team but I can't be arsed really.
If people can't work that one out for themselves then I despair.

pino
6th June 2007, 07:38
You'll never catch me out matey :p

How about Jordan (called the Shark), who played for Milan, or Wilkins or even the great Trevor Francis who played for Sampdoria ? They were great players and they left great memories in the Serie A, much more than Gazza did....sorry ;)

oily oaf
6th June 2007, 07:45
How about Jordan (called the Shark), who played for Milan, or Wilkins or even the great Trevor Francis who played for Sampdoria ? They were great players and they left great memories in the Serie A, much more than Gazza did....sorry ;)

You're right of course.
Blimey mate you know more about English players than I do :(

pino
6th June 2007, 11:12
What you guys think about this :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6717793.stm

Brown, Jon Brow
6th June 2007, 11:17
What you guys think about this :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6717793.stm

Well my brother, who is a life long LFC supporter and was at Athens will agree.

stevie_gerrard
6th June 2007, 22:48
Estonia 0-3 England

A much better performance from England, probably needed another goal though to be a convincing performance. Beckham and Crouch were superb, even Lampard did a fairly decent job doing Gerrard's defensive job. Still England suffered a bit at the back, Without Jon Terry, Estonia might have done the unthinkable and scored a goal. Ledley King and Wes Brown both struggled. With Russia and Croatia drawing as well, it means England might have a realistic chance of making it. :)

I suppose i shouldnt get my hopes up too much, but ahh what the heck, COME ON ENGLAND!! :p :

Scotland gained a much needed win as well, kept them in the hunt for qualification, still quite tight though at the top.

pino
7th June 2007, 06:53
Great win for Italy (2-0 away) and great performance by Sampdoria new talent Quagliarella who scored both goals. I understand now why Man U is interested in him ;)

oily oaf
7th June 2007, 07:35
Another fine display from Beckham who proved once again what most of us, barring Mclaren and the English media already knew, that he is one of the finest exponents of pinpoint crossing and dead ball kicking on the planet.
I notice that all those two bob so-called journalists that were castigating the boy and calling for his axing from the England set up are now almost to a man bending down to suck his proverbial. Mugs!

Another player who it would seem it is fashionable to lampoon, Peter Crouch, had an excellent game and led the line well, combining nicely with his little mate Michael Owen to cause much alarm in the Estonian defence.
For me these two boys would be among the first names on my team sheet and I look forward with great delight to them continuing on their mission to give the no nothing plankton that deride them the finger.

Storm
7th June 2007, 07:54
Oily, lets put things in perspective...yeah Beckham is a good player and Crouch can be decent sometimes...but this was against Estonia ! Imagine 11 Erkis...

alfa155btcc
7th June 2007, 09:04
Great win for Italy (2-0 away) and great performance by Sampdoria new talent Quagliarella who scored both goals. I understand now why Man U is interested in him ;)

Pino, did you see the goals he scored unbelievable ;)

oily oaf
7th June 2007, 09:04
Oily, lets put things in perspective...yeah Beckham is a good player and Crouch can be decent sometimes...but this was against Estonia ! Imagine 11 Erkis...

Do I have to mate? I've only just had me breakfast ;)

alfa155btcc
7th June 2007, 09:05

I agree don`t go too overboard this was Estonia no top 5 team was it :s mokin:

Brown, Jon Brow
7th June 2007, 09:07
I'll let you know that Erki was a top professional in his day. Some said he had the touch and control of Carlton Palmer and the pace and athleticism of Julian Dicks ;)

pino
7th June 2007, 11:37
Do I have to mate? I've only just had me breakfast ;)

Amazing scores, especially the 1st one :D but let's not forget what Storm said about England...we were playing Lithuania :p : To qualify we need to beat first France then Scotland, look foorward for those matches ;)

donKey jote
7th June 2007, 21:05
saw Germany-Slovakia in Hamburg yesterday, my first footy game in Deutschland über alles.
Was well impressed... loads of people, families, young kids (otherwise strictly in bed by 8pm), very clean and orderly inside and outside the grounds.
I even accidentally kicked someones (alkoholfreies) Bier over, splashing a gang of 4-5 black, red and yellow haired teutons, and nobody seemed to bother !
Game was pretty poor though, and I was the only one (out of a crowd of ~50000) who clapped wildly at Germany's second goal... Metzenhamburger really slaughtered Lehman :D
On the way back to Hannover we made the mandatory pit stop at Ralf Schumacher's Macdonalds in Bispingen, which was cram packed with ~5000 Deutschland fans, although it was well past midnight on a weekday.
A sehr netten Abend :)
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

pino
7th June 2007, 22:40
Buffon has signed a new contract with Juve and will play for them until 2012 :up: :D Now Juve needs to sign a great striker...Quagliarella ? ;)

Storm
8th June 2007, 08:26
I hear Gilardino is free :laugh:

odykas
9th June 2007, 09:00
and useless! :p :

pino
9th June 2007, 09:09
and useless! :p :

Just like you :p : anyway Juve's not intressed in him, but in Italy's new star Quagliarella ;)

alfa155btcc
9th June 2007, 14:59
Just like you :p : anyway Juve's not intressed in him, but in Italy's new star Quagliarella ;)

going by his goals for italy the other night would be a great signing for Juve and a better serie a next season now Juve are up.

alfa155btcc
9th June 2007, 15:01
Malouda of Lyon is deciding wether to join Chelsea or liverpool, I know where i would go and that`s the Blues.

donKey jote
9th June 2007, 21:22
Messi Messiah 2-1 :D :D

Real Madrid just drew though 1-1 Van Nistelrooy :( :( :p :

donKey jote
9th June 2007, 21:30
big roar in the Nou Camp:
Milito 2-1 Zaragoza :D :D :D

donKey jote
9th June 2007, 21:56
ARRRRGHHHHH

Real 2-2
Barca 2-2 !!!

Synchronized goaling in overtime :( :( :(

Absolutely amazing !!!!

MECAGÜENTÓ :p

donKey jote
9th June 2007, 22:01
Barcelona threw it away :(

jso1985
9th June 2007, 22:11
:D

nicemms
10th June 2007, 17:09
Just read on bbc.co.uk that there could be a clause that means Beckham may be able to stay playing for Real. I think he should stay,specially since he's back in Englad squad.

jso1985
11th June 2007, 00:21
that would make him an a-hole then...

I know he has proved he's good enough for Real Madrid but you can't go and sign contracts everywhere depending on your mood!

stevie_gerrard
11th June 2007, 21:49
well LA galaxy have said there is no get out clause in the contract that Real Madrid has claimed there is, so end of that story, he's going to America whether they like it or not.

U21 Championship News: It's been a slow start to say the least in this tournament,. just 2 goals from the first 4 games, England had a dour 0-0 draw, even though lita could have won it with a penalty at the end. We do have our first shock though, 25-1 outsiders Serbia have beaten 5-2 favourites Italy 1-0!! :eek: so if England were to beat Italy on Thursday, Italy would be out, which would be surprising considering the number of fairly good players in that U21 side.

Storm
12th June 2007, 06:13
ARRRRGHHHHH

Real 2-2
Barca 2-2 !!!

Synchronized goaling in overtime :(

Absolutely amazing !!!!

MECAGÜENTÓ :p

Mierda! :(

I watched this...it was 0230 in the morning when it ended...I have to say it was very exciting but not the result I was looking for..Zaragoza v Real was live here :\

pino
12th June 2007, 06:28
Storm isn't over yet, there's one more game to play, and i've seen some many surprises in foot history...be confident ;)

Storm
12th June 2007, 06:46
Yes..fingers crossed its Gimnastic de Tarragona for Barca :D

fellow Catalans too :p :

and Mallorca I think vs Madrid.....Sevilla couldn't score their so....Hmmm

pino
12th June 2007, 07:31
According to France Football, Henry has signed for Barca...that means Eto'o is on his way to Milan :eek: Other news, Trezeguet is done with Juve ( Iaquinta will replace him ) :s and Camoranesi is also leaving...

stevie_gerrard
13th June 2007, 00:12
And for that remark, France football are now going to be sued :p : even though it's probably going to happen :p :

I can't see Eto'o moving either, he's always linked with someone but nothing ever comes out of it. However, i do think that Tevez is on his way to Inter i'm afraid :( which will be a real shame.

pino, who does Iaquinta play for? the only time i've heard of him was when he played in the world cup, seemed to remember he scored as well in one of the games. Has he actually done anything useful this season? nobody can replace Trezuguet though, one and only, what a fantastic player, even now for his age, he's gonna be missed.

pino
13th June 2007, 06:36
pino, who does Iaquinta play for? the only time i've heard of him was when he played in the world cup, seemed to remember he scored as well in one of the games. Has he actually done anything useful this season? nobody can replace Trezuguet though, one and only, what a fantastic player, even now for his age, he's gonna be missed.

Iaquinta is playing for Udinese, and yes he was in Italy's squad for the World Cup but I don't think he's the skills to replace David. Anyway it looks like Juve are now trying to convince Trezeguet with more money (about time) plus they will bring back Miccoli from Benfica.Unfortunatelly Juve only have €50 mill to spend on players...not much when you need 4/5 big players, and must keep the ones you already have.

oily oaf
13th June 2007, 07:38
Thierry Henry's agent has stated quite categorically that "Thierry is going nowhere and all this talk of a move to Spain is utter rubbish"

TRANSLATION: Pass the sun factor 30 cream and the Spanish phrasebook Thierry me old son. We're off baby!

Storm
13th June 2007, 08:09
Eto'o says he is staying.....Etoo and Henry ?

If Henry comes to FCB and Eto'o leaves that would be shame.

janneppi
13th June 2007, 11:38
According to someone's dad, Barca is reported to offer Mallorca players(or whatever team that plays against Real) loads of money if the win. :p :

Storm
13th June 2007, 12:13
Same was said about Real doing that to Espanyol and Getafe and all clubs playing in the last 3 weeks.....las maletinas :laugh:

pino
13th June 2007, 12:30
According to someone's dad, Barca is reported to offer Mallorca players(or whatever team that plays against Real) loads of money if the win. :p :

€3 million are the money offered to Mallorca by Barca for beating Real Madrid :eek: ...and I tought Italy was the only place for such things :rolleyes: ;)

luke
13th June 2007, 13:17
So the ol' Griffin is back in Serie A! :D

Anyone know if they show any Italian footie in the UK (eurosport, Bravo or whatever).

Bring on Doria and Milan! ;)

Storm
14th June 2007, 07:19
Welcome back luke :)

pino
14th June 2007, 08:48
Welcome back luke :)

How about those £3 mill offered to Mallorca ? ;)

pino
14th June 2007, 09:34
Crucial match for Italy, we must beat England tonight or it's...arrivederci Italia :p :

stevie_gerrard
14th June 2007, 11:31
looking forward to it, the championship has livened up a bit more since last nights games, so i'm looking for another open game like the 3-3 draw at Wembley not so long ago :up:

luke
14th June 2007, 13:46
Whattup Storm.

pino
14th June 2007, 14:14
Whattup Storm.

Ciao Luke, Storm is worried about Barca ;)

SEATFreak
14th June 2007, 15:58
Meanwhile, in what is not really as important as whether England's U-21 squad can do well in Holland, the small and somewhat trivial matter of the 2007-8 Barclays Premiership fixture list.

All the promoted sides have tricky ties. Birmingham City have Chelsea away, Derby have Pompey at home and by no means least my beloved side play Spurs at home. Of the top sides Arsenal play Fulham at home, Man Utd start against Reading and Liverpool play Aston Villa. But one surprise big game I rekon is Sam Allardyce's N******le straight away playing Bolton at the Reebok.

I cannot speak for other fans but I think so long as Keano get's most of the players he wants I see us being prepared enough to get something from what seems now tough games.

Don't all reply at once with the usual eagerness and courtesey to my line of questions :uhoh: , but what do you think of your teams start?

Brown, Jon Brow
14th June 2007, 16:03
Man Utd have a trickt run-in with Chelsea on the 3rd from last game

CarlMetro
14th June 2007, 17:06
Two of the three promoted teams in the first three matches should see Spurs get a good start to the season, but then again promoted teams have surprised many a team over the years so it will be interesting.

Only 8 weeks and we'll find out :D

jso1985
14th June 2007, 19:56
€3 million are the money offered to Mallorca by Barca for beating Real Madrid :eek: ...and I tought Italy was the only place for such things :rolleyes: ;)

here paying another team to win is legal(we call it "incentive"), while paying them to lose is illegal.

Don't know how it is it in Spain, anyway it's not match fixing, Mallorca is supposed to fight for the win anyway

BTCC2
15th June 2007, 00:00
Newcastle get Bolton Away for Sam Allardyce's first game in charge. I can't believe it was just luck!! :D

stevie_gerrard
15th June 2007, 13:59
Wolves start with Watford at home, tough game to start off, then Sheff Weds away, and we dont have the best of luck up there.

Premiership is going to be exciting at the start of the season, all the small teams play the big teams, while the big teams play each other as well. Cant wait :up:

Italy U21 2-2 England U21

A game England threw away, after being 2-0 up. Italy save their bacon by the skin of their teeth ;) England still favourites to join Serbia, but a win is much needed on Sunday.

pino
16th June 2007, 07:44
Real Madrid has offered €80 mill to Milan and €10 per year to Kaka...but both said no thanks :eek: :crazy:

oily oaf
16th June 2007, 08:17
Real Madrid has offered €80 mill to Milan and €10 per year to Kaka...but both said no thanks :eek: :crazy:

West Ham have offered a free boat trip on a barge to Wapping Docks and a plate of jellied eels and they said no to that too.
The crazy fools :mad:

alfa155btcc
17th June 2007, 15:57
Good Luck to Italy Under-21`s this evening, although the way they have played i am not expecting much

DonJippo
17th June 2007, 20:44
Real Madrid - Mallorca 0-1 10mins to go on first half.

donKey jote
17th June 2007, 21:01
and barcelona 3- nastic 0 :D

no bananas yet though :)

donKey jote
17th June 2007, 21:08
Oh I forgot - go Seville ! :p

donKey jote
17th June 2007, 21:28
Beckham's out...
uhoh maybe madrid are in with a chance after all :p

donKey jote
17th June 2007, 21:30
****e I knew it...
madrid equalise !

donKey jote
17th June 2007, 21:34
whoa reyes lucky not to get sent off ! a clear red if I ever saw one !!

donKey jote
17th June 2007, 21:42
madrid 2-1 :(
where's becks when you need him :p

donKey jote
17th June 2007, 21:45
3-1 reyes
all over now :[

fandango
17th June 2007, 21:58
The fireworks are going off here now - Real Madrid supporters who really want to rub it in :(

donKey jote
17th June 2007, 22:02
The brigadas blanquiazules no doubt :(

janneppi
17th June 2007, 22:07
That was an entertaining game to watch, well worth the dimished sleep it caused. :)

But what the hellnation did Katie holmes and his hubby do there?

donKey jote
17th June 2007, 22:12
opening a new Spanish branch in the Bernabeu ?

stevie_gerrard
17th June 2007, 22:30
a perfect parting gift for Becks, congrats to Real Madrid, better luck next year for Barca and Sevilla.

England U21's 2-0 Serbia U21's: job done, we are in the semis :D

Sorry pino, but italy never looked in it, which is a shock considering they were favourites. :p :

pino
18th June 2007, 06:59
Feel sorry for Storm and ody, but congrats to Real Madrid, well deserved ! :p :

janneppi
18th June 2007, 07:52
I was amazed to see R.Carlos actually getting a ball from another player without kicking him in the shins from behind.
I wasn't that amazed to see him minute later out of breath in Mallorcas goal when the ball was being kicked to Reals goal where he was supposed to be defending.
:)

Storm
19th June 2007, 07:14
3-1 reyes
all over now :[

:(

oily oaf
19th June 2007, 07:30
Barca's problems are only just beginning
A report in my paper this morning states that Arsene Wenger is being targeted by the Camp Nou bigwigs to take over as the new boss.
Mind you it could be an excellent move for him as the warmer climate may help to dry up that runny nose problem.
Bless him :)

Storm
19th June 2007, 08:18
If Arsene (it even rhymes with obscene!!!) and Henry end up at Camp Nou.....I will have to defect ! :mad:

CarlMetro
19th June 2007, 09:58
I'll have to pop a bottle of champagne :D

stevie_gerrard
20th June 2007, 20:49
England U21's 1-1 Holland U21's (AET)

England lose 13-12 on penalties :eek:

I have never seen a shoot-out quite like that, and unfortunately i was foolish enough to think that England might actually win in it :(

I have to say though we were pretty much 2 minutes from making the final, the game should have been stopped when Taylor was injured. But the referee forced him to hobble and defend the gaping goal when he was clearly in a lot of agony. :mad: i know its the referees decision, and there was playacting going on, but it was clear that he was seriously hurt. Ended up with 10 men on the pitch after Onouha went off injured and we'd used all 3 subs before the holland goal, which was the one mistake i thought Pearce made.

Another Stella effort, but yet again england fail to produce the goods, we actually can't produce the standards at any level. Fair play ot the dutch though, they just didnt stop running, i don't know where they got their energy from, but they were outstanding, and probably deserved to win.

alfa155btcc
20th June 2007, 21:01
England U21's 1-1 Holland U21's (AET)

England lose 13-12 on penalties :eek:

I have never seen a shoot-out quite like that, and unfortunately i was foolish enough to think that England might actually win in it :(

I have to say though we were pretty much 2 minutes from making the final, the game should have been stopped when Taylor was injured. But the referee forced him to hobble and defend the gaping goal when he was clearly in a lot of agony. :mad: i know its the referees decision, and there was playacting going on, but it was clear that he was seriously hurt. Ended up with 10 men on the pitch after Onouha went off injured and we'd used all 3 subs before the holland goal, which was the one mistake i thought Pearce made.

Another Stella effort, but yet again england fail to produce the goods, we actually can't produce the standards at any level. Fair play ot the dutch though, they just didnt stop running, i don't know where they got their energy from, but they were outstanding, and probably deserved to win.

England U 21`s were so close but not close enough, unlucky lads

odykas
22nd June 2007, 19:49
Stupid Frank :evil:

stevie_gerrard
22nd June 2007, 23:15
Well i have to say i'm completely shocked, i didnt think Henry would ever leave Arsenal, but he's on the verge of doing that. What a terrible shame for the premiership, he has been a superb player for Arsenal, and he's amazed everyone with his wonderful talent, and it's such a shame to lose that talent to la liga. :(

fandango
23rd June 2007, 18:42
If Arsene (it even rhymes with obscene!!!) and Henry end up at Camp Nou.....I will have to defect ! :mad:

That's strange, I heard that Wenger may go to Real Madrid, not Barça. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how Henry fits in with Ronaldinho and the lads. It'll be something wonderful - or quite the opposite...

Ian McC
23rd June 2007, 18:59
I'll have to pop a bottle of champagne :D

:laugh:

Pass me a glass Carl ;) :D

odykas
23rd June 2007, 20:15
Welcome Henry :evil:

pino
23rd June 2007, 22:06
Welcome Henry :evil:

You're not happy ? come on he's not as good as Del Piero, but he's still a great player :p :

odykas
24th June 2007, 09:13
Who's next, Whinger? :evil:

alfa155btcc
24th June 2007, 10:39
I`m glad he`s left Arsenal now look for the mass exeduse

WelshLegend
24th June 2007, 19:58
Well the great man has finally left. I'm absolutely gutted that he has. He added that certain something to the premiership that Rooney & Drogba could not do. I think we can all say that we are going to miss the LEGEND

:( :( :( :( :(

Storm
24th June 2007, 22:50
Sh*t. first time in my life I was wishing some nice things to happen to Arsenal....like Theirry staying there :\

CarlMetro
24th June 2007, 23:18
I think we can all say that we are going to miss the LEGEND

Speak for yourself, personally I know plenty of people who are more than glad he's va-va-voomed off to pastures new :D

WelshLegend
25th June 2007, 00:07
Speak for yourself, personally I know plenty of people who are more than glad he's va-va-voomed off to pastures new :D

Go on then name some of these people who are glad he has gone. Perhaps they are Man U fans scared his goal scoring talent is going to win the premiership again for Arsenal.
How can you say you are happy to see him go when we have lost one of the worlds greatest football talents? :confused:

stevie_gerrard
25th June 2007, 00:33
it is a real shame, the best players like Henry should be playing in the best league, and although i think la liga is a perfectly credible league, and has some top quality football, nothing beats the premiership. To lose a fantastic talent like that is a shame for the viewing public here in the UK.

Yeh theres bound to be plenty of sides like Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea who are gonna be glad he's finally gone after all the torment he's caused them, but nobody can doubt just what a fantastic player he was, and still will be in Europe, look at ruud, it worked for him moving from Man Utd to Madrid, ended up top scorer in La Liga and brought the league title back to the bernabau. Maybe it's the right move for Thierry, however much that saddens the Arsenal fans.

WelshLegend
25th June 2007, 08:56
Well said "stevie gerrard". Henry was a great talent but somewhat lost his way a little bit. I think the world cup in Germany was a competition to much

pino
25th June 2007, 12:00
Barcellona made a great signing, Henry is a great strike, if they don't sell Eto'o, Barca would have the best strikers duo line-up in the world :up: I still miss him at Juve :(

Storm
25th June 2007, 17:18
it is a real shame, the best players like Henry should be playing in the best league, and although i think la liga is a perfectly credible league, and has some top quality football, nothing beats the premiership.

well yeah the Premier League does offer fast and exciting football but let me remind you where these following world class players were (or are) playing -

Zidane, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Eto'o, van Nistelrooy, Cannavaro, Messi

oh and yes Henry should have gone to Juve :p :

pino
26th June 2007, 07:58
well yeah the Premier League does offer fast and exciting football but let me remind you where these following world class players were (or are) playing -

Zidane, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Eto'o, van Nistelrooy, Cannavaro, Messi

And let me remind you that both Zidane and Cannavaro played in Serie A first, Ronaldo is back there, Cannavaro probably will, plus we have Kaka, Ibraimovich, Figo, Adriano, Veira, Seedorf, Pirlo, Maldini, Gattuso, Nesta, Inzaghi, Buffon, Nedved, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Tiago, Totti, Mancini, Chivu, Pizzarro etc..etc..and we are world champion :p :

Finally Trezeguet has renewed with Juve until 2011 :up: and with the signing of Tiago (Lyon) Almiron (Empoli) Grygera (Ajax) young talent Criscito (Genoa) Iaquinta (Udinese) we might fight for the title as well :D

pino
26th June 2007, 08:11
Ups I forgot, I don't think Barca can keep both Dinho, Etoó and Henry and Milan is waiting patiently...

pino
26th June 2007, 13:17
Sven to City confirmed: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6241052.stm

Good luck to both :p :

jso1985
26th June 2007, 16:59
Copa America, the oldest international tournament in the world, starts today!
Uruguay vs Peru and Venezuela vs Bolivia will play today. besides Brazil, USA and Mexico, all teams are coming with their strongest squads, so it should be a quite equal tournament.

go Bolivia :D

pino
26th June 2007, 22:01
Look forward to see who can challenge Argentina, since many big names are missing in Brazil squad :(

Ian McC
26th June 2007, 22:24
Sven to City confirmed: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6241052.stm

Good luck to both

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laugh: :rotflmao:

Here is a challenge, anyone see if they can find more than a handful of City fans that will be loving this ;)

pino
28th June 2007, 08:56
Shock of the year, Mexico-Brazil 2-0 :eek:

alfa155btcc
28th June 2007, 11:50
Shock of the year, Mexico-Brazil 2-0 :eek:

I`m glad well done Mexico

pino
28th June 2007, 13:15
Capello sacked : http://www.marca.com/ stupid decision in my opinion, the guy is a winner no matter what, and the title achieved with real confirmes that...I am not surprised anyway, we are talking about Real Madrid :crazy:

Storm
28th June 2007, 14:30
For a change I agree with Real folks....yes Capello did manage to win the Liga, but the team was very bad in first half of the season and the players tried hard in the second half. 2 defensive midfielders (Emerson and Diarra) in every game is a stupid and boring tactic no matter how many games you have won.

stevie_gerrard
28th June 2007, 19:43
you got to love a weak brazil side :p :

Copa america is going to be a very interesting competition this time around ;)

Darren Bent on his way to Spurs :up: but don't you think him and Defoe are very similar? i could see a strikers war going on next year between 4 quality players :up:

pino
29th June 2007, 07:19
For a change I agree with Real folks....yes Capello did manage to win the Liga, but the team was very bad in first half of the season and the players tried hard in the second half. 2 defensive midfielders (Emerson and Diarra) in every game is a stupid and boring tactic no matter how many games you have won.

Storm mate, do you really think it's easy to build a squad with so many star, win the Liga in just 12 months and play in a beautifull way at the same time ? :s Please go and read this article, I totally agree with the guy who wrote it :

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29062007/58/la-liga-comment-madrid-madness-takes-hold.html

jso1985
1st July 2007, 00:36
Copa America so far

Group A
Peru 3 Uruguay 0
Venezuela 2 Bolivia 2

Group B
Mexico 2 Brazil 0
Chile 3 Ecuador 2

Group C
Argentina 4 USA 1
Paraguay 5 Colombia 0

Group A
Uruguay 1 Bolivia 0

Bolivia as always plays terribly or makes awful defence mistakes, as always we're on our way out of the cup.
Brazil and Colombia have become mayor disapointments, while Argentina even if they won easily are playing quite bad, relying too much on Messi

Ian McC
1st July 2007, 08:28
Darren Bent on his way to Spurs :up: but don't you think him and Defoe are very similar? i could see a strikers war going on next year between 4 quality players :up:

Not really sure about this one, with the ideal partnership of Keane and Berbatov being the number one choice and him being similar to Defoe as to if 16 mil is worth it only time will tell.

CarlMetro
1st July 2007, 23:54
Frank Lampard has turned down a contract extension at Chelsea that would have made him their highest paid player, earning more than Shevchenko and Ballack who both pocket £121,000 per week :s

CarlMetro
1st July 2007, 23:58
Not really sure about this one, with the ideal partnership of Keane and Berbatov being the number one choice and him being similar to Defoe as to if 16 mil is worth it only time will tell.

I'm not sure either, I certainly don't rate him as a 16 million+ player and don't see the need for an additional striker, but as you say, time will tell. There are reports in the press that Spurs, along with Everton are in the hunt for Alan Smith too, if he's allowed to leave Man Utd :s

oily oaf
3rd July 2007, 15:35
An arbitration panel have upheld the decision by The Premier league not to dock West Ham points over the signing of Tevez and Mascherano.
That's rather good of them isn't it? :D

Now I've got nowt against Sheffield United personally and I feel a degree of sympathy for their fans but they went down not because of anything The Hammers may or may not have done in the transfer market but because of poor displays on the park exacerbated by the dodgy tactics employed by their 2 bob, loud mouthed boss Neil Warnock.

The decision therefore was absolutely correct IMHO.
Mind you I suppose I would say that wouldn't I? ;)

Please put your comments about London clubs getting preferential treatment here................................ followed by your correct name and address.

CarlMetro
3rd July 2007, 15:58
I have no sympathy for Sheffield Utd, as Oily says they went down of their own accord.

Not such good news for Oily this one though :\

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/6260924.stm

Reo-Coker will leave quite a big hole to be filled.