http://www.cyprusrally.com.cy/documents/itinerary.pdf

Salist
19th January 2009, 12:49
Route Maps
"The Route Maps will be published on 12.02.09."

Salist
19th January 2009, 12:49
Entry List

The Entry List will be published on 19.02.09.

bluuford
19th January 2009, 13:23
12.3.2 Special stages
The total length of the special stages is a minimum of 340 km and a maximum of 400 km.
No one stage or part of a stage may be run more than twice in a rally, super special stages excluded.

They have only 332 km;-)

StevieWonder
19th January 2009, 13:44
the itinerary seems to be only "provisional" - so some changes will happen (also according distance)

nevertheless it´s good, not to have a rally without superstage !
and first day on tarmac (with gravle tyres) would be very interesting !

one minus: publication of route maps is very late (for preparing our trip) !!!

J4MIE
19th January 2009, 13:55
Wish I was able to go to this one, but thanks to rotation will have to wait until 2011!!! :(

StevieWonder
19th January 2009, 14:06
Wish I was able to go to this one, but thanks to rotation will have to wait until 2011!!! :(

so where are you going this year ?

look up our website: some of our trips already fixed.

and one more question to your location: sunny scotland really exist ;-)

J4MIE
19th January 2009, 15:02
so where are you going this year ?

and one more question to your location: sunny scotland really exist ;-)

Norway, hopefully Sardinia if I can find flights (if not then Acropolis or Finland), Barum, Sanremo and IRC Rally of Scotland.

Sunny Scotland does exist but only for a couple of days a year ;)

Mirek
19th January 2009, 15:12
the itinerary seems to be only "provisional" - so some changes will happen (also according distance)

nevertheless it´s good, not to have a rally without superstage !
and first day on tarmac (with gravle tyres) would be very interesting !

one minus: publication of route maps is very late (for preparing our trip) !!!

Why gravel tyres on tarmac? They can't use tarmac tyres or what?

Leon
19th January 2009, 15:16
]Why gravel tyres on tarmac? They can't use tarmac tyres or what?

because of the costs involved for tarmac suspension and tyres

Mirek
19th January 2009, 15:20
Hmm, I don't think that tarmac tyres are more expensive than gravel ones...

StevieWonder
19th January 2009, 15:24
]Hmm, I don't think that tarmac tyres are more expensive than gravel ones...

once there was an article on rallybuzz, that pirelli has to choose the tyres for cyprus and meanwhile the manufactuers have announced that they want to use gravel tyres

moreover it does make more sense than using tarmac tyres on gravel for 2 days instead

Mirek
19th January 2009, 15:27
I agree with the last sentence but I think that this way of saving costs is stupid...

bluuford
19th January 2009, 22:15
]I agree with the last sentence but I think that this way of saving costs is stupid...

The latest was that they are going to use full gravel set-up all the time and gravel tires all the time as well. The only thing they can do is lowering the car. But all the other things should remain the same (brakes, wheels etc.). Should be more cost effective and at the same time good way to make cars more sideways and lower the cornering speed on tarmac.

bluuford
19th January 2009, 22:49
But regulations are saying:
Cyprus:
SCORPION WRC 205/65R15
Hard
PZERO WRC 235/40ZR18
Soft
The second one is Tarmac tire, strange..

maybe it is written somewhere between those lines:
2. Tyre homologation
2.1 At least two weeks before the start of a rally, the tyre supplier must present to the FIA a drawing (or drawings) of the
tread pattern(s) to be used in an event in order to obtain the FIA homologation. Once obtained, the homologation remains valid,
with no expiry date.

cosmicpanda
20th January 2009, 07:29
It has a good number of long stages. I expect they'll be windy - remember the 50 km/h or so average speed that was recorded over one SS? Maybe that is why the rally is so short - not enough time in the day to do more.

pantealex
20th January 2009, 19:40
But regulations are saying:
Cyprus:
SCORPION WRC 205/65R15
Hard
PZERO WRC 235/40ZR18
Soft
The second one is Tarmac tire, strange..

maybe it is written somewhere between those lines:
2. Tyre homologation
2.1 At least two weeks before the start of a rally, the tyre supplier must present to the FIA a drawing (or drawings) of the
tread pattern(s) to be used in an event in order to obtain the FIA homologation. Once obtained, the homologation remains valid,
with no expiry date.

Citroen and Ford have together announced that they will use only gravel tyres/setup, rest can do what they want!

Roy
22nd January 2009, 12:16
First day stages on tarmac. That means Loeb cleans the gravel road on Day 2.

StevieWonder
22nd January 2009, 13:26
First day stages on tarmac. That means Loeb cleans the gravel road on Day 2.

would be like this and maybe we will see again some tactics
result of day 1 will not count very much !

StevieWonder
12th February 2009, 04:21
very late, but nevertheless route maps are online since today:
http://www.cyprusrally.com.cy/

12th February 2009, 09:06
wow, this is really amazing. most of the stages are new.
especially first day road are more than impressive, really twisty and in heart of the mountainious forest. i will be really impressive with gravel setup on those roads

i'm looking forward to go back to my hometown for the rally!

Leon
15th February 2009, 09:08
To anyone interested:

There was an announcement about the location of the shakedown. It will be an asphalt hillclimb in a village very close to the service park.

for the older members of the forum who followed the European championship it is the asphalt stage of the 1988 cyprus rally. The interesting thing about that stage is the accusations of belgian journalists, supporting Snijers in his BMW M3 during the '88 event, against a certain Mr Tabaton in an Integrale that he was throwing gravel to the stage in order for the Belgian not to win the only asphalt stage of the event..

morganmilan
19th February 2009, 10:59
Rally web announces that today will be published the entry list, but not yet... Any news about? :confused:

Tom206wrc
19th February 2009, 11:16
At what time entrylist ??? :confused:

pettersolberg29
19th February 2009, 11:42
Is Anadiou at 40.54 km the longest stgae in the WRC this year?

bluuford
19th February 2009, 12:46
Is Anadiou at 40.54 km the longest stgae in the WRC this year?

Until Rally Finland for sure (all are shorter than 35 km-s). Don´t know about the rallies later in the year.

pejda
19th February 2009, 15:19
According to the rally guide the entry list will be published on Friday 20 february.

Tom206wrc
19th February 2009, 16:31
According to the rally guide the entry list will be published on Friday 20 february.

Thanks for the news ;)

Tom206wrc
20th February 2009, 08:11
On the entrylist page they still write they will publish it...yesterday :mark:

Sulland
20th February 2009, 12:39
This is what is on the website now:
The Entry List is pending FIA approval. Please check back again later.

Mirek
20th February 2009, 12:44
So, juniors are allowed to use tarmac tyres. Will be interesting...

cosmicpanda
20th February 2009, 13:36
I'm looking forward to this one.

Simmi
20th February 2009, 22:41
I'm looking forward to this one.

It would be nice if there could be a bit of a shake up on the first day. You would give the advantage to Seb but if he leads he will be first on the road for Day 2. The road sweeping will really hurt so he needs to go full attack on day 1 to prevent himself getting sucked into Ford tactics.

Almeidafoto
21st February 2009, 01:42
]Why gravel tyres on tarmac? They can't use tarmac tyres or what?

Regulations...
It's not the cost that matters. But Cyprus is considered a gravel Rally, so only grabel tyres are admited.
That's what we got with this FIA managrment, they even created that stupid creature named "super rally"...

gloomyDAY
21st February 2009, 03:24
I'm all for mixed surface events, but this can end badly.

Just think about the tires blistering and blowing up in mid-stage.

bluuford
21st February 2009, 08:04
Regulations...
It's not the cost that matters. But Cyprus is considered a gravel Rally, so only grabel tyres are admited.
That's what we got with this FIA managrment, they even created that stupid creature named "super rally"...

Wrong! According to the FIA rule book they are allowed to use tarmac tires. Citroen and Ford themselves were the ones who wanted to use only gravel tires.
read the regulations before you blame someone. You can accuse FIA in different ways, but not now.

VFTS
21st February 2009, 09:03

I know this is not relevant for the thread, I am sorry!

Bluuford! I am waiting for the beer!! You predicted snow on the last day of Rally Norway.....I said the opposite. The snow didnt appear in the rallyarea on sunday morning. I am waiting for the beer!

StevieWonder
21st February 2009, 09:06
It would be nice if there could be a bit of a shake up on the first day. You would give the advantage to Seb but if he leads he will be first on the road for Day 2. The road sweeping will really hurt so he needs to go full attack on day 1 to prevent himself getting sucked into Ford tactics.

I do not think that we will see maximum attack - because of the gravel tyres on tarmac, it wouldn´t be possible !

SubaruNorway
21st February 2009, 10:03
So can privateres use tarmac tyres if they want to then? :p

DonJippo
21st February 2009, 10:16
So can privateres use tarmac tyres if they want to then? :p

This is what the regulations for the event say:

6.1 Pirelli has been nominated by the FIA as the single tyre supplier to
distribute the tyres for the rallies in the Championship.
- All 4x4 cars must use Scorpion WRC 205/65R15 Hard throughout
the Rally.
- All JWRC cars must use K2 195/70-15 (R2=K4 195/70-15)
throughout the Rally.
- All Non Priority entries in a 2WD car must use the same size and
type of tyre on Day 1 as they will use on Day 2 & Day 3.Source: http://www.cyprusrally.com.cy/documents/regulations.pdf

Mirek
21st February 2009, 10:22
DonJippo: Sadly it's not true in suplementary regulations. Juniors are finaly allowed to use tarmac tyres.

DonJippo
21st February 2009, 10:26
]DonJippo: Sadly it's not true in suplementary regulations. Juniors are finaly allowed to use tarmac tyres.

Why don't they publish that on their pages then? Not good.

bennizw
21st February 2009, 10:27
Thinking of past national/international events, the FWD's have always been relatively quick on tarmac, but maybe they will be even closer to the top with the tarmac tyres, compared to the gravel tyres the WRC's are going to be using? Then again, it's such a twisty rally with a most surely an abrasive tarmac surface, so maybe the gain won't be to large?

bluuford
21st February 2009, 14:26
I know this is not relevant for the thread, I am sorry!

Bluuford! I am waiting for the beer!! You predicted snow on the last day of Rally Norway.....I said the opposite. The snow didnt appear in the rallyarea on sunday morning. I am waiting for the beer!

Yes I remember it:-) I still don't believe how it was possible that it didn't snow.. According to the weather radar, it snowed everywhere else around the rally location, but it didn't snow there. I mean, only approximately 10-20 km further it was snowing. But I keep my promises, where can I buy you a beer? I prefer Tallinn :-)

AndyRAC
21st February 2009, 15:19
I can't believe what I am reading - so, the first day is on Tarmac (which is good)but they have to use Gravel tyres........

Sorry, but I really despair at this sport recently - yes, costs must be cut, but they are going about it the wrong way. Haven't they learnt from Japan/GB with the wrong tyres.

Here's a novel idea, on Tarmac, use Tarmac tyres. The FIA are a bunch of idiots

StevieWonder
21st February 2009, 16:49
I prefer gravel instead of tarmac - so it´s good to see the cars with less grip sliding around the corner !
I will be there and will enjoy the rally although I expect some tactics by the teams.

Barreis
21st February 2009, 16:52
This reminds me on old Portugal with some tarmac parts..

SubaruNorway
21st February 2009, 18:01
On tarmac the S1600 cars loose about 1min to wrc on a 10min stage. Not sure if they are able to gain that much, maybe if the stage is long and with lots of downhill and hard breakings though.

StevieWonder
21st February 2009, 18:25
does anybody have a hint for Rally Guide 2 access (user-ID and password ;-)
http://www.cyprusrally.com.cy/protected/rally_guide_2.pdf

bowler
22nd February 2009, 02:19
Haven't they learnt from Japan/GB with the wrong tyres.

There was no issue with the wrong tyres in japan. The issue was wrong weather.
Ice tyres were never an option as spikes are illegal in Hokkaido

Sulland
22nd February 2009, 07:59
I prefer gravel instead of tarmac - so it´s good to see the cars with less grip sliding around the corner !
I will be there and will enjoy the rally although I expect some tactics by the teams.

I agree, even if the tyres will wear out quickly, that is up to the drivers to calculate in to the equasion !

cosmicpanda
22nd February 2009, 10:25
There was no issue with the wrong tyres in japan. The issue was wrong weather.
Ice tyres were never an option as spikes are illegal in Hokkaido

I don't think they necessarily needed spikes, or even if they would've used them given the choice given the amount of gravel that remained.

I think they all wanted softer, cut tyres.

Hartusvuori
23rd February 2009, 07:31

It's not gravel tyres on tarmac just for the sake of cost saving, I think. Wouldn't it be impossible to change the suspension settings of the car from tarmac to (Cyprus) gravel within the time limits of end-of-the-day service? Those that know better, enlighten us.

But how it'd be with tarmac tyres with gravel suspension - not better than gravel tyres with gravel suspension as their doing it now, I guess.

All we know is, it'll be interesting.

Viking
23rd February 2009, 09:02
I can't believe what I am reading - so, the first day is on Tarmac (which is good)but they have to use Gravel tyres........

Sorry, but I really despair at this sport recently - yes, costs must be cut, but they are going about it the wrong way. Haven't they learnt from Japan/GB with the wrong tyres.

This time, belive it or not :) , FIA is not to blame, it was Ford and Citroen who wanted the gravel tyres!

Tom206wrc
23rd February 2009, 11:45
Any new date for entrylist :confused:

Simmi
23rd February 2009, 20:08
Any new date for entrylist :confused:

I am assuming this is being pushed back due to a lack of entries maybe?

23rd February 2009, 20:13
translated version of a local (cypriot) webpage for motorsport.
local young driver, nicos thomas, i going to drive his lancer with stefan prevo. nicos is the winner of mid-east pirelli channel and the last winner of Cyprus rally (mid east round)
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=el&u=http://www.taxitita.com/index.php&ei=lwSjSZ7IL4zFjAee0NTgCw&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.taxitita.com/index.php%253Fp%253Dshowarticle%2526artid%253D200% 26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US :o fficial%26hs%3D2C2

alleskids
24th February 2009, 18:12
I read that Cyprus rally has 34 entries, of which 28 are priority
13 PWRC
3 JWRC
which leaves 12 WRCars, including Fredirico Vilagra in the (MT2) Munchi's Ford and Marcus in the Vodafone Subaru.

JFL
24th February 2009, 18:22
I read that Cyprus rally has 34 entries, of which 28 are priority
13 PWRC
3 JWRC
which leaves 12 WRCars, including Fredirico Vilagra in the (MT2) Munchi's Ford and Marcus in the Vodafone Subaru.

Marcus?

alleskids
24th February 2009, 18:29
Oeps. I was confused with Portugal :colour:

Skelly
24th February 2009, 18:35
I wonder how those Scorpion Gravel tyres will cope with snow in Cyprus?

My parents live there, so I check the weather regularly. On the top of Mount Olympus on Troodos is a webcam. Right up to Feb 20th it was still showing a good 8" of snow. The snow line on the mountain comes down as far as a village called Platres normally.

A quick look at the route maps... I reckon a few stages could be as high as that.

A snow rally on sunny Cyprus...now there's a novelty!!!

WRC1
24th February 2009, 19:08
I wonder how those Scorpion Gravel tyres will cope with snow in Cyprus?

My parents live there, so I check the weather regularly. On the top of Mount Olympus on Troodos is a webcam. Right up to Feb 20th it was still showing a good 8" of snow. The snow line on the mountain comes down as far as a village called Platres normally.

A quick look at the route maps... I reckon a few stages could be as high as that.

A snow rally on sunny Cyprus...now there's a novelty!!!

wow! sounds interesting!!

could you give us a link to this webcam?

regards

wrc1

Skelly
24th February 2009, 19:17
www.cyprusski.com (http://www.cyprusski.com)

Then you should see the webcam button on there.
It seems to have jammed on Feb 20th at about 5.30pm ish But it will give you a good idea what was there then.

My dad says they have had a lot of rain where he is near Limassol the last few days, so its likely to have fallen as snow on Troodos

Blitzerflitzer
24th February 2009, 19:41
:eek: Entrylist: Die Organisatoren der Zypern Rallye haben eine provisorische Teilnehmer Liste veröffentlicht....... (The organizers of the Cyprus Rally have a provisional list of participants published......)

http://www.motorsport-aktuell.com/rallye/rallye-wm/news/rallye-zypern-34-teilnehmer-8166.html

http://translate.google.de/translate?prev=hp&hl=de&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.motorsport-aktuell.com%2Frallye%2Frallye-wm%2Fnews%2Frallye-zypern-34-teilnehmer-8166.html&sl=de&tl=en

Skelly
24th February 2009, 20:10
Just checked the webcam up on Troodos...its working again :)
..And yes there is plenty of snow up on the tops.
I'll have a word with the old man over next few days & see if he knows how far down it has come.

Maybe a trip to see my mum ...and a spot of rallying could be on.

WRC1
24th February 2009, 20:49
Just checked the webcam up on Troodos...its working again :)
..And yes there is plenty of snow up on the tops.
I'll have a word with the old man over next few days & see if he knows how far down it has come.

Maybe a trip to see my mum ...and a spot of rallying could be on.

thanx a lot Skelly!!

Leon
25th February 2009, 05:18
The local edition of the BBC top gear magazine has a list of entries. I try to post them ASAP. From what I remember there are no suprises. Beyond the 2 citroen and 2 fords there is Peter and Henning Solberg, Matt wilson and Villagra and the C4 of Ogier, Rautenbah and Novikov. As someone said above there are only 3 JWRC entries and more PWRC like Sandell with the Fabia, Sousa with Punto and others with lancer and Suba. Regarding local entries we all want to see what Nicos Thomas can do at N4 with Stephan Prevot as co-driver. Regarding Thomas nobody can confirm if he is finally the representative of the Middle East in the Pirelli star driver in the PWRC....

Regarding the weather anything can happen this year. Until the start of the event nobody knows. We may have snow or rain or just a normal sunny Cyprus rally. At the moment we have 70cm snow at Troodos.

AlfaWRC
25th February 2009, 07:00
:eek: Entrylist: Die Organisatoren der Zypern Rallye haben eine provisorische Teilnehmer Liste veröffentlicht....... (The organizers of the Cyprus Rally have a provisional list of participants published......)

http://www.motorsport-aktuell.com/rallye/rallye-wm/news/rallye-zypern-34-teilnehmer-8166.html

http://translate.google.de/translate?prev=hp&hl=de&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.motorsport-aktuell.com%2Frallye%2Frallye-wm%2Fnews%2Frallye-zypern-34-teilnehmer-8166.html&sl=de&tl=en

Incredible bad entry list (as expected)...
Looks like this year bad manned events are alterned by relatively good manned and interesting rallyes. In this sense, looking forward to Portugal...

Skelly
25th February 2009, 16:26
Soke to dad today. Seems that there is a good 80cm of snow up on Troodos but it hasn't come down as far as Platres village. As yet there is no snow reported on any of the stages.

Tom206wrc
25th February 2009, 16:29
Snow in Cyprus...ouch !!! :s

urabus-denoS2000
25th February 2009, 22:11
3 JWRC entries?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Leon
26th February 2009, 04:56
The local edition of the BBC top gear magazine has a list of entries. I try to post them ASAP. From what I remember there are no suprises. Beyond the 2 citroen and 2 fords there is Peter and Henning Solberg, Matt wilson and Villagra and the C4 of Ogier, Rautenbah and Novikov. As someone said above there are only 3 JWRC entries and more PWRC like Sandell with the Fabia, Sousa with Punto and others with lancer and Suba. Regarding local entries we all want to see what Nicos Thomas can do at N4 with Stephan Prevot as co-driver. Regarding Thomas nobody can confirm if he is finally the representative of the Middle East in the Pirelli star driver in the PWRC....

Regarding the weather anything can happen this year. Until the start of the event nobody knows. We may have snow or rain or just a normal sunny Cyprus rally. At the moment we have 70cm snow at Troodos.

entry list

To the WRC cars I mentioned above add also Al Qassimi.

Then we have the PWRC entries from Sousa, arai, linari, semerad, lopez, sauvan, mayer, campedelli, neiksans, al-attiyah, sandell, araujo, singh and mikkelsen.

3 jwrc, Burkart and Kosciuszko with swift and Prokop with c2. Finally 6 Cyprus entries including a works Lada S1600, 3 imprezas, Thoma with the evo 9 and the 2007 winner Timotheou with an evo 10.

Krigen
26th February 2009, 06:49
entry list

To the WRC cars I mentioned above add also Al Qassimi.

Then we have the PWRC entries from Sousa, arai, linari, semerad, lopez, sauvan, mayer, campedelli, neiksans, al-attiyah, sandell, araujo, singh and mikkelsen.

3 jwrc, Burkart and Kosciuszko with swift and Prokop with c2. Finally 6 Cyprus entries including a works Lada S1600, 3 imprezas, Thoma with the evo 9 and the 2007 winner Timotheou with an evo 10.

Are you sure about Mikkelsen? What about Flodin?

Leon
26th February 2009, 07:13
Are you sure about Mikkelsen? What about Flodin?

I just copied the entry list from the local edition of BBC Top Gear magazine.

Flodin is not in that list.

thanks

ProRally
26th February 2009, 08:28
Why still no official entry list... ?
On the website it was stated before check on 19 Feb... now just pending FIA Approuval ....

VFTS
26th February 2009, 08:29
Mikkelsen have made an entry, but they will probably not start in Cyprus.
Flodin will have his next start in PCWRC in Portugal

Iskald
26th February 2009, 13:23
Incredible bad entry list (as expected)...
Looks like this year bad manned events are alterned by relatively good manned and interesting rallyes. In this sense, looking forward to Portugal...

This will not be the worst, I suspect. How many cars in Argentina last week of april? Less than 30, for sure...

MJW
26th February 2009, 13:34
This will not be the worst, I suspect. How many cars in Argentina last week of april? Less than 30, for sure...
And I guess at the end of the year Wales Rally GB's entry will depend on how much of an 'end of the wrc car era' feeling there will be , especially if Loeb and Citroen will have wrapped up the championships by then.

PLuto
26th February 2009, 15:20
Mikkelsen have made an entry, but they will probably not start in Cyprus.
Flodin will have his next start in PCWRC in Portugal

Yes, both is true.

Sulland
26th February 2009, 15:28
Is there a deal like in f1 that the top teams have their transport covered by FIA, even if it should have been the poorest teams that need that support - anything in the rallyworld for this ?

urabus-denoS2000
26th February 2009, 21:02
Wow,I can't wait for the JWRC 30-minute show :(

Can't think how they'll make a show with 3 cars

Mirek
26th February 2009, 21:12
Wow,I can't wait for the JWRC 30-minute show :(

Can't think how they'll make a show with 3 cars

And that's in case of no retirement :D

Psycho!
27th February 2009, 07:32
]And that's in case of no retirement :D
And in Cyprus that's nearly impossible!!!

tolis
2nd March 2009, 11:15
Entry list...... published:

http://www.cyprusrally.com.cy/documents/entry_list.pdf

Corny
2nd March 2009, 11:37
wow, what a list

J.Lindstroem
2nd March 2009, 12:38
Will be interesting to see how high up we can have a S2000 car on this rally.

bluuford
2nd March 2009, 13:07
Wow, Lada S1600 in the list :-)
Lets just forget the first 4 numbers in list and we have very close fight for all the positions. Solberg brothers for win, Ogier, Novikov, Wilson for third and Villagra, Qassimi, Rautenbach, Sandell for remaining point scoring places ;-P

urabus-denoS2000
2nd March 2009, 20:31
A sad list :(

Barreis
3rd March 2009, 07:21
Cyprus is known as a car terminator.. So without good budget for rebuilding after the rally they don't think about this entry..

bowler
3rd March 2009, 08:29
Is there a deal like in f1 that the top teams have their transport covered by FIA, even if it should have been the poorest teams that need that support - anything in the rallyworld for this ?

No there is not

Iskald
3rd March 2009, 09:54
A sad list :(

Absolutely agree!

But this isn`t exactly better:
http://www.rallydecuritiba.com.br/en/entrylist.htm

So those who ting that IRC is the great saviour of our sport, should think again...

WRC1
3rd March 2009, 10:23
Absolutely agree!

But this isn`t exactly better:
http://www.rallydecuritiba.com.br/en/entrylist.htm

So those who ting that IRC is the great saviour of our sport, should think again...

yes you are also right, but cyprus is still europe, even if it is far away from mainland and it is considered as a car cracker...
i think it is better to compare the cyprus entries with irc entries from acores in may...

AndyRAC
3rd March 2009, 11:06
No there is not

Which is nice of the FIA, isn't it? Pay the travelling costs of the F1 teams, but not the WRC teams - doesn't make sense to me. But that's the FIA for you.

DonJippo
3rd March 2009, 12:21
Which is nice of the FIA, isn't it? Pay the travelling costs of the F1 teams, but not the WRC teams - doesn't make sense to me. But that's the FIA for you.

To my knowledge it's the commercial right holder of F1 not FIA that pays the traveling costs for top ten F1 teams to the events held outside of Europe.

AndyRAC
3rd March 2009, 14:56
To my knowledge it's the commercial right holder of F1 not FIA that pays the traveling costs for top ten F1 teams to the events held outside of Europe.

Actually, thinking about it, you're right. That's why teams are always desperate to score a point - they do/ or did get expenses paid for ponts scored - I think.
Can't see ISC doing that....very probably cost prohibitive.

jbmarcus21
3rd March 2009, 17:19
The Google Earth Map that Cyprus Rally is now available : http://planetemarcus.free.fr/chypre09.htm

;)

Salist
4th March 2009, 10:20
The Google Earth Map that Cyprus Rally is now available : http://planetemarcus.free.fr/chypre09.htm

;)

Thanks Jeremie,
Nice job than always :)

Tom206wrc
4th March 2009, 15:16
Why Bernardo Sousa forfeit from Cyprus ??? Something to do with broken engine of his Grande Punto in Norway ??? :confused: :confused:

Psycho!
9th March 2009, 07:11
According to most weather sites rain is predicted for the asphalt day of rally Cyprus!!!In those conditions the spectacle will be huge,but it will make drivers' life even more difficult....

StevieWonder
9th March 2009, 07:54
According to most weather sites rain is predicted for the asphalt day of rally Cyprus!!!In those conditions the spectacle will be huge,but it will make drivers' life even more difficult....

nevertheless spectators will suffer most from these conditions:
sitting in a warm (hot) car and cruising through the island is not as hard as standing the whole day out there in the mountains with a wet shirt in cold and muddy conditions ;-)

Leon
9th March 2009, 08:20
Too many people are expected to follow this year’s event especially the tarmac stages, so the organisers took a number of precautionary measures. For the people who follow the event live it will make their lives a bit difficult. First of all, NOT all shortcuts to the stages will be open for the public as in previous years. In some stages only up to 300 cars will be allowed in the designated parking areas near the stage, the shakedown stage (on asphalt) will take spectators to different places using a bus e.t.c. So anyone planning to follow the event should make good preparation and planning in advance.

hope we don' t have any stage cancellations or other problems.

bluuford
9th March 2009, 09:05
nevertheless spectators will suffer most from these conditions:
sitting in a warm (hot) car and cruising through the island is not as hard as standing the whole day out there in the mountains with a wet shirt in cold and muddy conditions ;-)

Well I have been wrong many times (actually weather forecast are only 40% correct according to the statistics), but at the moment it looks +15..+18 on Thursday (mostly sunny) and +15..+18 on Friday without no significant rain (cloudy):-)
Doesnt sound bad for me. There isn't bad weather.. there is wrong clothes:-)

mm1
9th March 2009, 09:10
But if it rains during the tarmac stages, I think it would be wise to cancel them due to dangerous conditions for driving :)

Psycho!
9th March 2009, 09:22
Well I have been wrong many times (actually weather forecast are only 40% correct according to the statistics), but at the moment it looks +15..+18 on Thursday (mostly sunny) and +15..+18 on Friday without no significant rain (cloudy):-)
Doesnt sound bad for me. There isn't bad weather.. there is wrong clothes:-)
Four websites I have visited predict rain for Thursday night and Friday nearly the whole day...... :confused:

Barreis
9th March 2009, 10:05
They are paying millions to drive and then complaining.. I don't understand..

bluuford
9th March 2009, 11:28
Four websites I have visited predict rain for Thursday night and Friday nearly the whole day...... :confused:

As I said once before. I am not using websites. I have access to the weather models and maps that meteorologists are using in their every day work. Due to my work which is very closely related to meteorology and climatology. They are often very useful :-) But precision is good only for next 48-54 hours.

big_sw2000
9th March 2009, 11:33
But if it rains during the tarmac stages, I think it would be wise to cancel them due to dangerous conditions for driving :)
Well that will be fun. Should be using Tarmac Tyres

Psycho!
9th March 2009, 12:03
As I said once before. I am not using websites. I have access to the weather models and maps that meteorologists are using in their every day work. Due to my work which is very closely related to meteorology and climatology. They are often very useful :-) But precision is good only for next 48-54 hours.
OK then.I didn't know that.... :D .I insisted because there is a number of sources that predicts the same conditions and I supposed that this must be a reliable evidence....

J.Lindstroem
9th March 2009, 12:11

Thats some great piece of idea!

cosmicpanda
9th March 2009, 13:08
why is wet tarmac more dangerous than dry tarmac on gravel tyres? Don't the gravel tyres have a tread anyway that will ensure that there is some rubber in contact with the road?

mm1
9th March 2009, 13:11
A small hint: Japan and Wales last year :)

cosmicpanda
9th March 2009, 13:24
so you're saying icy gravel is like wet tarmac?

StevieWonder
9th March 2009, 13:31

r u crazy ???

same conditions for every driver !

(and for example: in Ireland they would have been happy to use gravel tyres ;-)

galvin2
10th March 2009, 05:38
Hi,
Going to Cyprus tomorrow for first time visit. Have all the stage maps etc. Can anyone please recommend some of the best places to watch or suggest who we could ask (say @ Rally HQ).
Thanks.

Leon
10th March 2009, 05:41
Latest news

On Monday Petter Solberg tested his (rebuild/refreshed) Xsara in an asphalt section similar to the Friday stages. He tested a number of set ups and consider himself lucky because there was also rain during the test.
Also the three JWRC drivers and PWRC competitors Sousa, Arai and Attiyah tested in another gravel road for the 2nd and 3rd days. All of them were surprised from the low temperatures, the rain and faster stages.

euskalteam
10th March 2009, 15:15
Any photo of the service? The new libery of the C4?

JFL
10th March 2009, 17:10
Picture of Henning's "white" Volvo recce car... :)
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kontroll_panel_3/images/uploads/0/9/b756b73b4589cf5e2af0d189d61704/large.jpg

muscrae
10th March 2009, 18:35
Any more pics?

Leon
11th March 2009, 04:54
Rain and even snow is the weather prediction for Friday.......

gloomyDAY
11th March 2009, 05:34
Rain and even snow is the weather prediction for Friday.......Are you from Cyrpus?

I hope you have a lot of pictures to add once the rally is done.

Also, pretty silly idea if snow falls and only gravel tires are available.
I just hope the stages don't get canceled

bluuford
11th March 2009, 19:51
Weather forecast:

Nice and warm weather for tomorrow. 10..15 degrees, in the afternoon clouds are forming (on the shakedown stage approximately 300 m a.s.l.)

Friday: 12..16 degrees, nice weather in the morning, partly cloudy in the afternoon and rain should fall in the evening. Quite hard rain.

Saturday and Sunday: mostly without any rain. temperature on Saturday 12..15 degrees and on Sunday 12.. 14 degrees. Friday night and Saturday morning is quite windy (up to 10 m/s).
If

pejda
11th March 2009, 21:02
Sandells car for the recce is awesome :D

http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2009/kypr/denicek/denicek2-sandell_v_rz.jpg

VFTS
11th March 2009, 21:13
Sandells car for the recce is awesome :D

http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2009/kypr/denicek/denicek2-sandell_v_rz.jpg

And they also had punctures on their car today....two times.

hari
12th March 2009, 09:54
Some interesting reports about the road conditions in Cyprus:

http://www.mediasport.cz/wrc/denicek-filipa-schovanka-utery-10-3-2009-pridany-d.html
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/show.php?id=10657
http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/show.php?id=10658

Gard
12th March 2009, 10:16
Tom! haven't you forgot something?

bluuford
12th March 2009, 10:32
Tom! haven't you forgot something?
I think Tom must be in bed with very high fever.. otherwise it is impossible that he hasn't said his famous words yet ;-P

noel157
12th March 2009, 10:37
Tom, Tom, Tom. Wake up, where are you?

muscrae
12th March 2009, 10:46
Official website is under development today !!! :eek: 12.54 pm

Viking
12th March 2009, 10:53
I might be spoiling the fun for those of you (and me) who are waiting for Tom to officially open this rally but..... :)

Petter with second fastest time on todays Shakedown.

- The car felt so good this morning. We have found the perfect set up for the new dampers and I really enjoyed beeing out there.

Sordo were fastest on the 4,49kms long shakedown stage this morning, but Petter set the second fastest time on his second run out of three today. Shakedown were on tarmac, the same surface as for Friday stages. Saturday and Sunday stages will be on gravel.

Rally Cyprus starts Friday morning.

Shakedown times

Sordo 3.33,0
Petter 3.33,3
Ogier 3.34,0
Loeb 3.34,5
Latvala 3.34,7
Novikov 3.35,1
Hirvonen3.35,3
Rautenbach 3.35,8
Henning 3.37,3
Wilson 3.37,3

rallyfan321
12th March 2009, 11:18
there are loads of ways to keep in touch with WRC from whereevr you are in the world.

chat with over 52,000 WRC fans on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/WRC/35390480677?ref=mf

keep in touch with the rally guys on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/OfficialWRC/

hundreds of onboards:
http://www.youtube.com/wrc

full broadcasts from 2001 onwards:
http://www.joost.com/0197pq9/t/WRC-Channel

all the official news and videos:
http://www.wrc.com

Simmi
12th March 2009, 11:25
full broadcasts from 2001 onwards:
http://www.joost.com/0197pq9/t/WRC-Channel

That joost thing is pretty sweet I didn't know about that cheers. Shame there's nothing from '97 lol. Still good of them to throw up so much coverage for free.

Simmi
12th March 2009, 12:17
Nice to see Citroen trying to make their livery every bit as cluttered as the Ford's now. Ogier's has changed a bit too by the looks of it.

tolis
12th March 2009, 12:22
Any photos?

Mirek
12th March 2009, 12:33
Are there complete shakedown results anywhere?

J4MIE
12th March 2009, 12:36
Doesn't seem to be much interest at all in this event :( I think it'll be great to see how the mixed surface event runs, but I think that they should have both tarmac and gravel tyres available - should hopefully be entertaining though :D

VFTS
12th March 2009, 12:41
]Are there complete shakedown results anywhere?

The wrc-cars: http://www.norsk-rally.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6105:kypros-petter-solberg-nest-best-pa-shakedown

bluuford
12th March 2009, 12:45
http://www.cyprusrally.com.cy/
you can find shakedown notes there

chryby
12th March 2009, 12:46
JWRC + PWRC results:
http://www.rally-mania.cz/index.php?vypisVse=detail&startpos=0&id=6824

Pictures:
http://www.rally-mania.cz/med.php?g=494&au=0

wwbroe
12th March 2009, 12:46
]Are there complete shakedown results anywhere?

Mirek, have a look at WRC.com, you will see the results of not only wrc cars but also gr.N, seems that Sandell is way behind the fastest gR.N cars. :(

Mirek
12th March 2009, 12:49
Thanks to all :)

Fide
12th March 2009, 12:52
I might be spoiling the fun for those of you (and me) who are waiting for Tom to officially open this rally but..... :)

Petter with second fastest time on todays Shakedown.

- The car felt so good this morning. We have found the perfect set up for the new dampers and I really enjoyed beeing out there.

Sordo were fastest on the 4,49kms long shakedown stage this morning, but Petter set the second fastest time on his second run out of three today. Shakedown were on tarmac, the same surface as for Friday stages. Saturday and Sunday stages will be on gravel.

Rally Cyprus starts Friday morning.

Shakedown times

Sordo 3.33,0
Petter 3.33,3
Ogier 3.34,0
Loeb 3.34,5
Latvala 3.34,7
Novikov 3.35,1
Hirvonen3.35,3
Rautenbach 3.35,8
Henning 3.37,3
Wilson 3.37,3

Fantastic to See Petter on 2nd place during shakedown.... Lets see tomorrow, but as of now it is promising.

bluuford
12th March 2009, 12:57
Well.. I am very positively surprised by Citroen´s new livery:-) Very nice! I think it is the first time I like their livery :-)

bluuford
12th March 2009, 13:00
Burkart is missing from the results? Is he there?

VFTS
12th March 2009, 13:02
Mirek, have a look at WRC.com, you will see the results of not only wrc cars but also gr.N, seems that Sandell is way behind the fastest gR.N cars. :(

Sandell just did 1 run through the shakedownstage.

A.F.F.
12th March 2009, 13:09
Doesn't seem to be much interest at all in this event :( I think it'll be great to see how the mixed surface event runs, but I think that they should have both tarmac and gravel tyres available - should hopefully be entertaining though :D

Not only tyres. This stupid rule of starting order ruins it all. What's the point of Loeb to push on tarmac when only reward is to sweep the roads for the rest of the weekend :mark:

Viking
12th March 2009, 13:25
Not only tyres. This stupid rule of starting order ruins it all. What's the point of Loeb to push on tarmac when only reward is to sweep the roads for the rest of the weekend :mark:

Well if he don’t push the Fords will still lurk behind him so he is better off pushing and hoping they will make some mistakes.
Maybe they will let someone else Petter, Sordo… run away on Day1? The Tarmac on gravel tyres combo will be interesting.

Buzz Lightyear
12th March 2009, 13:35
Loeb has always just drivin hard, and will try and use it to pull out max. gap.

Salist
12th March 2009, 13:51
JWRC + PWRC results:
http://www.rally-mania.cz/index.php?vypisVse=detail&startpos=0&id=6824

Pictures:
http://www.rally-mania.cz/med.php?g=494&au=0

Thanks chryby, nice pictures!

Simmi
12th March 2009, 14:14
Loeb has always just drivin hard, and will try and use it to pull out max. gap.

But at the midday service if he hasn't then you know he wont push in the afternoon. Maybe Ford should back off and let Seb go on Day 1?

Who knows what the right answer is...

Brother John
12th March 2009, 14:15
Burkart is missing from the results? Is he there?

He has not taken part in the Shakedown to save Tyres! :s mokin:
Source: http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/n/d/2009/03/12/sordo-im-shakedown-vorn/index.html

pejda
12th March 2009, 15:05
Video from shakedown - http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/show.php?id=10664

mdesign
12th March 2009, 15:20
the Fords have some round red stiker on the windscreen. Does anyone knows what is it?

PLuto
12th March 2009, 15:40
Audio interviews with Loeb, Ogier and Novikov: http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=8089 (on the bottom of the page)

White Sauron
12th March 2009, 16:33
Does the Impreza of the Barwa team have smth to do with the cognominal team in GP2?

jbmarcus21
12th March 2009, 17:00
the Fords have some round red stiker on the windscreen. Does anyone knows what is it?

yess what is it ?? Red nose team ???

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/5264/14834.jpg (http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14834.jpg)

A.F.F.
12th March 2009, 17:11

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/5264/14834.jpg (http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14834.jpg)

Maybe this. red nose day is tomorrow. http://www.rednoseday.com/about_rnd

wwbroe
12th March 2009, 17:38
So first stage will take off tomorrow at 8h23 CET, looking forward to it. I think Loeb will try to get a as big as possible gap on friday, as they expect heavy rain for saturday it won"t be a disadvantage to open the stages. ;)

Psycho!
12th March 2009, 18:12
heavy rain for saturday
Actually for Friday and not for Saturday.However Saturday's stages will be affected...I don't know for Sunday as for the weekend clear weather is predicted.....

Viridian Black
12th March 2009, 20:31
did i hear the JWRC are running tarmac tyres on the tarmac stages???

VFTS
12th March 2009, 21:26
did i hear the JWRC are running tarmac tyres on the tarmac stages???

Yes, the JWRC-teams can use tarmactyres on tarmac.

jonas_mcrae
12th March 2009, 21:42
thee back of the new citroen livery looks like the Czech Republic flag!

Mirek
12th March 2009, 21:45
Yeah :D It's largely discussed on Czech servers :)

jonas_mcrae
12th March 2009, 22:01
]Yeah :D It's largely discussed on Czech servers :)

haha thats so cool we need a Czech driver in one of those C4's!

urabus-denoS2000
12th March 2009, 22:20
Pic of the back of the C4?

jonas_mcrae
12th March 2009, 22:49
Pic of the back of the C4?

theres the flag!

http://www.rally-mania.cz/zobrazFotografii.php?if=14832&ig=494

urabus-denoS2000
12th March 2009, 23:10
Cool!

Give one car for Mirek,PLuto and Karbonyl (sorry to all other Czech members but these guys are the most active ;) )

Lalo
12th March 2009, 23:22
Why was the change of C4's livery again? Apparently, all sponsors are still in it, so it doesn't look like a matter of a withrauw of one of them.

Mirek
12th March 2009, 23:47
According to the guys from Citroën it looks more dynamic and cool. In my opinion it's just colourful mess...

muscrae
13th March 2009, 00:01
Andreas Mikkelsen didn't appear in shakedown, as evidently my friend who was at shakedown stage said.
He even said that he couldn't see his car in service park, he is in entry list, though. Any news?

White Sauron
13th March 2009, 00:03
Why was the change of C4's livery again? Apparently, all sponsors are still in it, so it doesn't look like a matter of a withrauw of one of them.

Few months ago Citroen underwent some kind of rebranding - hence the new corporate style was introduced to the livery of their WRC car. And now the logo incorporates silver chevrons on a white background (that's the main reason for changing the color scheme). By the way, the team was also renamed from Citroen Sport to Citroen Racing.

tolis
13th March 2009, 00:07
No, Mikkelsen didn't start unfortunately...

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 06:23
One hour before start of stage, anyone awake allready? ;)

jbmarcus21
13th March 2009, 06:24
Maybe this. red nose day is tomorrow. http://www.rednoseday.com/about_rnd

thanks ;)

VFTS
13th March 2009, 06:39
Andreas Mikkelsen didn't appear in shakedown, as evidently my friend who was at shakedown stage said.
He even said that he couldn't see his car in service park, he is in entry list, though. Any news?

As I posted 26.feb in this thread. Andreas Mikkelsen did made an entry, but it was early stated that they wouldnt appear in the event. They didnt make the financials for Cyprus.

They will probably start in Portugal.

VFTS
13th March 2009, 06:42

Is this a british tradition? Never heard about it.

Hartusvuori
13th March 2009, 06:51
Is this a british tradition? Never heard about it.

A quote: Red Nose Day was the brainchild of a British charitable foundation set up in 1998, Comic Relief. Its aim is to change the lives of the less fortunate by raising funds through entertainment, specifically comedy.

At least in Finland the national broadcasting company YLE has held this red nose day for a couple of times.

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 06:55
Also in Belgium we have had similar initiative, called the cliniclowns. They always put these noses on and are going to hospitals where they take care of children with cancer, trying to chear them up at least for one day. ;)

Hartusvuori
13th March 2009, 07:12
Henning already out! According to WRR, crashed on liason, front-end damage, not sure if able to start SS1.

pettersolberg29
13th March 2009, 07:19
Thats cruel,
and typical of Henning!

subaru 28
13th March 2009, 07:25
Good Morning from Austria

MikeD
13th March 2009, 07:28
I think this event is a 'make or break' event for Hirvonen. If he loses again, I think it will affect his confidence. He looked pretty mentally beaten after Norway.

Agree?

pettersolberg29
13th March 2009, 07:29
Morning - I'm squeezing this stage in just before school but then ill miss the rest...

Petter better make it good for me!

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 07:30
Loeb is allready vife seconds faster as Hirvonen, so good start for him. ;)

Halvis
13th March 2009, 07:31
Henning, Henning, what have you done? A pretty expensive trip to Cyprus, I would say! Any other car involved?

pettersolberg29
13th March 2009, 07:31
JML lost a fair bit split 2

bluuford
13th March 2009, 07:34
According to my weather maps I was right. There wont be any rain before evening and night. So, tomorrow there is a possibility that the first car gets wet road that is going to dry up very quickly thanks to the strong wind and rising temperature. Sunday should be bone dry already.
So, the leader might have slight advantage tomorrow but disadvantage on Sunday.

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 07:36
Latvalla is really slow, loosing a lot allready after third split. :(

rockpoll
13th March 2009, 07:36
hello. I am looking some photos Ford Team from shakedown

Tom206wrc
13th March 2009, 07:37
Henning, Henning, what have you done? A pretty expensive trip to Cyprus, I would say! Any other car involved?

Finally I'm glad he didn't use a Bozian whale this year... :p :

Hartusvuori
13th March 2009, 07:37

According to Wilson sr. Henning was trying to pass a Japanese transporter (?) when that car suddenly turned in front of Henning's Focus causing damage to the front of the car. If Henning was pissed pre-event Norway, he must be "fokking" pissed now.

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 07:38
Rather bad split for Petter also on split two. :(

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 07:39
Loeb is really in a class of his own, Hirvonen loosing allready more then ten seconds on this first stage.

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 07:41
And WRR is having difficulties once again. :( They cannot reach Colin at the end of first stage. :D

Buzz Lightyear
13th March 2009, 07:42
Looks like Matthew and Petter are going to have a battle for 7th.

Hartusvuori
13th March 2009, 07:43
Loeb is really in a class of his own, Hirvonen loosing allready more then ten seconds on this first stage.

It's a 30 km stage on tarmac so where's the news? If Mikko will lose to Loeb today on a similiar pattern that'll be around 1 minute behind for Saturday and Sunday stages. If so, Loeb won't get his win easy.

Look at Sordo - that's impressively disapponting.

Tom206wrc
13th March 2009, 07:44
Looks like Matthew and Petter are going to have a battle for 7th.

Not Matt, but Ogier !!! ;)

Wilslow is far slower :s

subaru 28
13th March 2009, 07:45
Now sandell is started

Tom206wrc
13th March 2009, 07:49
Also Novikov has times similar with Solberg P and Ogier...looks like a battle between this three for the 5th place :)

Edit: OUCH !!!! Novikov same time as Qassimi in penultimate split !! :s :s

pettersolberg29
Not Matt, but Ogier !!! ;)

Wilslow is far slower :s

Battle with Novikov as well...

WRC1

is this a surprise??

anybody is expecting the ford boys can challenge loeb?? for them it is difficult enough to keep in touch with sordo...

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 07:50
It's a 30 km stage on tarmac so where's the news? If Mikko will lose to Loeb today on a similiar pattern that'll be around 1 minute behind for Saturday and Sunday stages. If so, Loeb won't get his win easy.

Look at Sordo - that's impressively disapponting.

If Hirvonen is one minute behind this evening, he will never catch up with Loeb on Saturday and Sunday stages, especially as rain is expected this night, so it won't be a big disadvantage to open the road tomorrow.

pettersolberg29
13th March 2009, 07:51
Novikov no more!

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 07:54
Not a great time for Petter either, but in a fight with Ogier.

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 07:55
Novikov no more!

He is still there!

Tom206wrc
13th March 2009, 08:01
Araujo faster than Sandell despite his car :)

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 08:01
Sandell loosing allready 9 sec on Araujo on split 5.

Tom206wrc
13th March 2009, 08:06
Good first split for Martin Prokop :bounce:

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 08:09
And good second split also :D

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 08:10
Al Attiyah is loosing a lot suddenly. :(

WRC1
13th March 2009, 08:11
Araujo 11 seconds faster than sandell!!! but all the other pwrc are way behind them!

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 08:13
Araujo 11 seconds faster than sandell!!! but all the other pwrc are way behind them!

Let's wait for Prokop's time, he is going very well. :p

Edit: Great third split for him.

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 08:18
And another great time for him (Prokop) at split 4, nearly twenty seconds faster as Sandell. ;)

Sarac330d
13th March 2009, 08:20
And another great time for him (Prokop) at split 4, nearly twenty seconds faster as Sandell. ;)

Prokop is in C2S1600 so his time won`t affect Sandell postion in PWRC

Tom206wrc
13th March 2009, 08:20
Seeing his 4th split it looks like Prokop was 0.1s faster than Loeb on this split :eek: :confused:

I know jwrc have tarmac tyres unlike WRCs, but still...quite impressive :mark:

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 08:23
Seeing his 4th split it looks like Prokop was 0.1s faster than Loeb on this split :eek: :confused:

I know jwrc have tarmac tyres unlike WRCs, but still...quite impressive :mark:

Faster then Loeb, how do you make that out of his split Tom? ;)

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 08:24
Prokop is in C2S1600 so his time won`t affect Sandell postion in PWRC

You are right, but still it is great times he is setting. ;)

Tom206wrc
13th March 2009, 08:25
Problem for Burkart :s

WRC1
13th March 2009, 08:26
wowwww! prokop! and kosciuszko is faster than pwrc also!

burkhart loosing it all already...

Tom206wrc
13th March 2009, 08:26
Faster then Loeb, how do you make that out of his split Tom? ;)

After split 3: +28.7s after split 4: +28.6s :confused:

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 08:27
Hirvonen loosing another five seconds on a seven kms stage, that is a lot. :(

Tom206wrc
13th March 2009, 08:32
Solberg "slow" on split 1 SS2 :(

WRC1
13th March 2009, 08:34
Quote mr hirvonen after stage 2 "I don't like it at all."

what does mr hirvonen like than?? he is loosing on tarmac and on snow.

its your job to like it mikko! if you (really) want challenge for the world championship

shaitan
13th March 2009, 08:37
Quote mr hirvonen after stage 2 "I don't like it at all."

what does mr hirvonen like than?? he is loosing on tarmac and on snow.

its your job to like it mikko! if you (really) want challenge for the world championship
he must beat loeb in car.i hope he can do it.

Sarac330d
13th March 2009, 08:37
This times of Prokop and Kosciuszko are quiet good evidence how tires can be important factor! Very, very important.... :-)

iJones
13th March 2009, 08:38
Loeb's speed is impressive or rather everyone elses very disappointing. This is going to be a very exciting rally. Not...

Tom206wrc
13th March 2009, 08:56
Look at Hirvo time loss on Seb on split4 SS3 :s :s

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 09:00
Hirvonen loosing a lot again on this stage, even Latvalla is quicker as him. Also Sordo pulling away now from Miko. :(

Tom206wrc
13th March 2009, 09:00
Sordo seems faster than Loeb on some splits :confused:

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 09:02
What happened with Ogier? Loosing a lot on split 3.

Tom206wrc
13th March 2009, 09:02
Aïe Ogier on split3 SS3 :mark:

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 09:05
Miko is loosing a massive 22 sec on stage 3. :(

WRC1
13th March 2009, 09:08
Miko is loosing a massive 22 sec on stage 3. :(

he dont likes it....

Corny
13th March 2009, 09:09
thought it couldn't get more boring, unbelievable

Looking at the standings of golf is even more amazing

wwbroe
Fourth time overall for Prokop on stage two. That is very impressive, but it also shows what a difference the tires make.

White Sauron
WRC became very uninteresting to follow on-line... I went working.

VFTS
Prokop 4th fastest on ss2, he is 7th overall after ss2......

John V
13th March 2009, 09:10
S1600 on slicks beating WRCs again. Please, is it some new comedy or tragedy genre inspired by FIA? :confused:

COD
13th March 2009, 09:15
S1600 on slicks beating WRCs again. Please, is it some new comedy or tragedy genre inspired by FIA? :confused:

I think they have a good idea here. They should make it permanent solution. So on tarmac WRC cars on gravel tyres and PWRC / JWRC on tarmac tyres. Then on Gravel, WRC cars on tarmac tyres and PWRC / JWRC on gravel tyres...

MikeD
13th March 2009, 09:16
Ford did all that pre-Cypres testing, and this is all they have to offer??? :rolleyes:

Put PSolberg in that Ford now!

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 09:16
I think they have a good idea here. They should make it permanent solution. So on tarmac WRC cars on gravel tyres and PWRC / JWRC on tarmac tyres. Then on Gravel, WRC cars on tarmac tyres and PWRC / JWRC on gravel tyres...

Maybe it could bring some new interest to WRC :D

dimviii
13th March 2009, 09:17
:o +1@JohnV (+1@JohnV)

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 09:19
Petter taking fifth from Ogier, who probably made a mistake in this stage if you see split times.

shaitan
13th March 2009, 09:20
good idea!
also fia should reduce s1600 car's weight to 600kg,that's greate!

I am evil Homer
13th March 2009, 09:20

Terrible idea...trying to make it a show by handicapping certain drivers!

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 09:31
Sandell in the Skoda, is allready half a minute behind Araujo in JWRC. :(

mdesign
13th March 2009, 09:35
Nice start for Araujo on PWRC. 30s in 3 stages :)

RS
13th March 2009, 09:38
Sandell in the Skoda, is allready half a minute behind Araujo in JWRC. :(

But 44s ahead of everyone else. Arujo is driving very well!

Other than that the rally looks like the usual snooze-fest so far.

wwbroe
13th March 2009, 09:39
On stage three the Juniors are seeming to be strugling as well, because they are loosing a lot of time on this one.

COD
13th March 2009, 09:41
Terrible idea...trying to make it a show by handicapping certain drivers!

But the Juniors and Production drivers are allready handicapped by their cars, aren't they????