Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

JFL
14th March 2009, 13:28
Awsome... :)
Thats 1 second a km..

jonkka
14th March 2009, 13:36
Even better on 2nd split... -2.0s

EDIT: Rather, the diff between Mikko and Petter stays the same, so it's not "better" but "same"...

Psycho!
14th March 2009, 13:37
Petter keeps up the rhythm!!

JFL
14th March 2009, 13:39
Maybe just to add another stagewin for the old Xsara? Puhh,,.. exiting.. :)

4,9 sec.. wow

jonkka
14th March 2009, 13:41
Maybe just to add another stagewin for the old Xsara? Puhh,,.. exiting.. :)

Looks possible, certainly... :eek:

Psycho!
-4,9 for Petter!!Really nice!!!

darkstar
nice run from solberg!

Psycho!
14th March 2009, 13:44
Ogier faster than anybody on split 4!!!

jonkka
14th March 2009, 13:44
Ogier faster than anybody on split 4!!!

No, 4th fastest.

Psycho!
14th March 2009, 13:46
No, 4th fastest.
Sorry, I mean between split 3 and 4

Psycho!
14th March 2009, 13:47
Petter -11secs!!!O M G!!

JFL
Who's the man? 11 sec..

jonkka
Sorry, I mean between split 3 and 4

That's true

tolis
-11 sec faster????????

N.O.T
14th March 2009, 13:48
Peter has found a good pace on that one he can put some pressure on sordo if he keeps it like that

jonkka
Petter wants that podium position... just over a minute to Sordo left now...

KKS
massive 11 sec wow Petter

N.O.T
14th March 2009, 13:52
wilson has a good pace on that one as well....

jonkka
Seems that Petter is the only one with a reason to drive flat-out

Psycho!
-14,5!!!Gongrats petter!!

jonkka
14th March 2009, 13:55
It'll be interesting to see how much tyres he has left on the last one...

wazlaf
14th March 2009, 13:56
wilson faster than latvala :eek: :eek: :eek:

N.O.T
14th March 2009, 13:56
Solberg is just 50 seconds to sordo now.....

Psycho!
14th March 2009, 13:57
"Very 'appy" how long ago Petter said that??Well done!!

JFL
14th March 2009, 13:58
Seems that Petter is the only one with a reason to drive flat-out

Why?

pettersolberg29
14th March 2009, 14:00
Well done Wilson!

jonkka
14th March 2009, 14:01
Why?

Mikko has a minute to Loeb and that's too much. So both Loeb and Mikko just cruise. Sordo now knows he's under pressure but if Petter gets past, it doesn't affect Citroen's points so it's pointless for Dani to risk everything to hold 3rd. JML is too far behind to gain anything, he's got no reason to push. Who else there is to drive that fast...

N.O.T
14th March 2009, 14:01
NOVIKOV E. / MOSCATT D. Reported stopped twice

N.O.T
14th March 2009, 14:02
NOVIKOV E. / MOSCATT D. "I did a mistake and had to reverse."

JFL
14th March 2009, 14:03
Mikko has a minute to Loeb and that's too much. So both Loeb and Mikko just cruise. Sordo now knows he's under pressure but if Petter gets past, it doesn't affect Citroen's points so it's pointless for Dani to risk everything to hold 3rd. JML is too far behind to gain anything, he's got no reason to push. Who else there is to drive that fast...
What's the reason for Petter then? Big gap up and down? He could just secure his place.

N.O.T
14th March 2009, 14:03
1 stage to go and 2 monster ones tommorow....

jonkka
14th March 2009, 14:06
What's the reason for Petter then? Big gap up and down? He could just secure his place.

Podium finish has been a rare fun for him lately... Besides, he's out there to impress and to get a seat for the future, what's better way than to push like hell?

Psycho!
14th March 2009, 14:09
A podium in an old spec car sounds really nice to every team boss.So,that's the reason to push!!!

N.O.T
14th March 2009, 14:13
next stage is on...

Karukera
14th March 2009, 14:13
Horny Xsara :s tare:

Psycho!
14th March 2009, 14:15
next stage is on...
No I think there's an 8min delay as before...

JFL
14th March 2009, 14:16
Still it sounds like some of you trying to diffuse his performance...
Nobody could keep up.. thats it..

tolis
14th March 2009, 14:17
Interesting splits for Al Attiyah...

Psycho!
14th March 2009, 14:24
SS11 is underway!

dimviii
14th March 2009, 14:41
Petter on fire again

jonkka
14th March 2009, 14:45
Yeah, that's already 15sec faster than Sordo so gap is almost down to half a minute.

dimviii
14th March 2009, 14:49
the question is if 82 km of ss are enough for Petter to pass Dani?

jonkka
14th March 2009, 14:50
the question is if 82 km of ss are enough for Petter to pass Dani?

Easily - at this rate...

N.O.T
14th March 2009, 14:51
Another attack by Solberg....the thing is will the citroen team let sordo fight tommorow now that latvala is out or they will ask him to go with his pace and risk 3rd place but secure the manufacturers points...i think the latter.

dimviii
14th March 2009, 14:53
Olivier Quesnel after SS9 to Sordo
You choose the best solution for you, but I need the car at the end.’”
http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=4213&desc=Team%20manager%20Service%20Park%20quotes:

jonkka
14th March 2009, 14:54
The gap will be down to 20sec, maybe even less

Finni
14th March 2009, 14:54
Yes, Petter is now getting at the level I have expected. There is no reason to say that other drivers are cruising - especially Sordo is not willing to let Petter humiliate him. Now the road position is seemingly effecting but even in that case it seems that Petter's real pace at the moment is somewhere between Loeb and Hirvonen. Very nice!!!!

tolis
14th March 2009, 14:55
Petter is really FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noel157
14th March 2009, 14:56
Nearly 20 up at spilt 6.

jonkka
14th March 2009, 14:56
Loeb had interestingly slow final split...

Mirek
14th March 2009, 14:58
Petter was realy flying on these two stages!

Gard
14th March 2009, 14:59
And Henning finally got his turbo working again

noel157
14th March 2009, 14:59
Loeb's car started to overheat and also a spin. Of course last stage so he'll be ok. Great effort from Petter.

noel157
14th March 2009, 15:00
Am I right? Petter took 34 secs out of Sordo?

darkstar
14th March 2009, 15:01
Loeb's car started to overheat and also a spin. Of course last stage so he'll be ok...

of course, how lucky can one be?

Psycho!
14th March 2009, 15:01
The conditions now are more normal and Petter showed his speed...Great for him!I really hope for a podium!

dimviii
14th March 2009, 15:04
15,9 sec between Dani and Petter.
everything is possible for me as the ss km are about 82. Lets see morrow.

edit Henning also seems to go for 2nd overall at this stage

Psycho!
14th March 2009, 15:04
of course, how lucky can one be?
A LOT!!! :mad:

A.F.F.
14th March 2009, 15:06
Way to go Petter :up:

grugsticles
14th March 2009, 15:08
Now without jumping ahead of ourselves, done this mean we can say that Petter is back... with a vengance?

I sure hope so!!!

Forde-fotos
14th March 2009, 15:08
Petter deserves the podium, I hope he gets it.

Finni
14th March 2009, 15:09
What Petter said after stage. He said something about Loeb, the car and Norway. Is the comments somewhere available? Or can someone tell what Petter said?

darkstar
14th March 2009, 15:11
A LOT!!! :mad:

unfortunately, yes :rolleyes:

Finni
14th March 2009, 15:11
It should be observed that Petter had massive road-position advantage (considering for instance times of Citroen junior team and Henning) but in any case this pace warrants the question if Petter can beat Ford drivers in coming races.

Xsara is very good in Cyprus. I remember that Xsara+Loeb outpaced Ford and Grönholm there 2006.

Krigen
14th March 2009, 15:15
What Petter said after stage. He said something about Loeb, the car and Norway. Is the comments somewhere available? Or can someone tell what Petter said?

I think he said he did not have active diffs.. Loeb had said it was better with mecanical diffs on the Xsara and Petter had trusted that

Mirek
14th March 2009, 15:19
There are new mechanical differentials for Xsara homologated 1st January 2008. I think that those are the best choice...

ste898
14th March 2009, 15:27
Do you think there is a danger of M-Sport loosing the Ford contract because of Malcolm's pure lack of being able to select good drivers.
I don't think Ford managment will be too happy with these results?

COD
14th March 2009, 16:00
Well well Jonkka and others. After these two stages you still think Petter wouldn't be a better choise as Ford no.1 than Hirvonen (we can name him Slowonen now)??

ste898
14th March 2009, 16:12
from WRC .com
MW

Quote:
On Jari-Matti’s accident on SS7:
“He made a great start this morning with the quickest time on the first stage, but then he got caught out. He says he made an error during the recce when he made the pace notes and was just too quick. Here we are again - in a situation that immediately puts a lot more pressure on Mikko for the manufacturers’ points, and of course on Jari himself.”

On Jari-Matti Latvala’s learning curve:
“The one thing that everyone can see is that Jari-Matti has got the potential - if he can keep it all together - to probably beat Sebastien. But he seems to find it difficult to adopt the same sort of policy that Mikko once did. Normally the driver that plays the back up is the one that helps you to win the championship, and that’s what Mikko did fantastically when Marcus was here. Every driver is different, but I still liken Jari-Matti to Ari Vatanen - I think we’ve got a long, hard road ahead of us.

Oh dear......When is Malcolm going to waken up and smell the coffee!!!

Psycho!
14th March 2009, 16:14
Well well Jonkka and others. After these two stages you still think Petter wouldn't be a better choise as Ford no.1 than Hirvonen (we can name him Slowonen now)??
Please man....Hirvonen deserves his place!!!

Fide
14th March 2009, 16:29
It should be observed that Petter had massive road-position advantage (considering for instance times of Citroen junior team and Henning) but in any case this pace warrants the question if Petter can beat Ford drivers in coming races.

Xsara is very good in Cyprus. I remember that Xsara+Loeb outpaced Ford and Grönholm there 2006.

Doesn´t matter if he was benefited or not... It is really a great pleasure to see Petter fighting again regradless he doesn't have state of the art WRC car.

I don't recall last time he won 2 consecutive stages with Subaru. Hope this performance will be an eye opener for Ford or even Citroen (since Sordo is like a turtle) next year to return from the darkness. Cheers for Petter !
:up:

DonJippo
14th March 2009, 16:31

If I'm not totally mistaken Mikko is still over a minute ahead of Petter so what's your point, if you have any?

Wim_Impreza
14th March 2009, 16:31
Please man....Hirvonen deserves his place!!!

I don't think that. He is too slow for a title contender and he makes mistakes (GB 2008, Rally Norway on tactic, he can't drive fast as first on the road...)

gloomyDAY
14th March 2009, 16:48
Hell I even had my doubts, but waking up to these results is incredible.
Imagine where Petter would be with Ford and all of their resources.

Also, the FX Pro girls... :D

Finni
14th March 2009, 16:53
If I'm not totally mistaken Mikko is still over a minute ahead of Petter so what's your point, if you have any?

If the rally had started now do you think Mikko would do that minute anymore on gravel?

Woodeye
14th March 2009, 18:27
If the rally had started now do you think Mikko would do that minute anymore on gravel?

But the rally didn't start now, it started yesterday. And there is the minute. So what's your point?

pettersolberg29
14th March 2009, 18:31
The point is that yesterday was tarmac - Petter isn't a tarmac driver. On gravel, as today, Petter has been quicker.

RS
14th March 2009, 18:35

I think Hirvslownen sounds better. But really the negativity ought to be targeted at JML. After the first few events of last year I really thought the boy would go far and eclipse Mikko quite soon as Ford team leader, but this year he seems to have got worse. Neither fast nor reliable. What went wrong?

Halvis
14th March 2009, 18:36
Haven't been able to follow the rally today, couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Petter won 2 stages - and not by a small margin either, fantastic results, and a clear indication that he hasn't lost his driver abilities! Very, very nice, hopefully he will keep it up tomorrow, and get on the podium!

Finni
14th March 2009, 18:51
But the rally didn't start now, it started yesterday. And there is the minute. So what's your point?

Yesteraday was tarmac and Petter has fresh car in new conditions.

chryby
14th March 2009, 18:56
fantastic pictures from leg 2:
http://www.rally-mania.cz/med.php?g=494&au=0

gloomyDAY
14th March 2009, 19:39
But the rally didn't start now, it started yesterday. And there is the minute. So what's your point?If Hirvonen and Petter drove the same cars on gravel, Petter would come out on top? I'm not sure what his point is either but that's my guess.

DonJippo
14th March 2009, 20:01
Yesteraday was tarmac

So that does not count then or what was your point?

Woodeye
14th March 2009, 20:09
The point is that yesterday was tarmac - Petter isn't a tarmac driver. On gravel, as today, Petter has been quicker.

...and still the gap is a minute or so.

I still fail to see the point of throwing all these "if" 's to conversation. I this series would be WFRC, world flying rally championship, it might be that Matti Nykänen with Airbus would be a real deal here.

Xsara has always been really good in "rallies" like Cypros and Turkey. I still would keep Mikkp in Ford instead of Petter.

Finni
14th March 2009, 20:09
So that does not count then or what was your point?

Don't play fool. Yesterday's times don't have too much importance when we are judging Petter's gravel pace and overall potential as a rally driver. The question in the air - since COD's comments - has been "would Petter do better in a Ford than Hirvonen".

It will be interesting to see if Petter will beat Ford boys even in private Xsara in some races. According to todays times it's quite imaginable alternation.

Finni
14th March 2009, 20:14
Xsara has always been really good in "rallies" like Cypros and Turkey. I still would keep Mikkp in Ford instead of Petter.

Mikko has proved that he can't challenge Loeb from consistent basis. Drivers like Marcus and Petter, on the contrary, have done it.

I wonder why Wilson don't offer third factory place to Petter. I am quite sure that norwegian sponsorship would take care of money.

JFL
14th March 2009, 21:36
Allthough Petter has some lack of great result the last few years, I know(and I guess some of you) that its not because he lost it... Maybe he got even better? Trying to beat better cars.. ? All I know is that Petter has raced in the same cars as :Tommi Makinen(4times WRC champion just prior to joining Subaru) Mikko Hirvonen, and last Atko... And he outpaced all of them.. Not Atko you say? Well I guess there is a simple reason for that! Petter tried to win(and went off, or suffered mech failure) and Atko safed it...At least most of the time.... If you put Petter alongside Mikko(or Loeb) in the same car, I'm very sure that he could easily compare to them. If not beaten them..

Magnus
14th March 2009, 22:01
Allthough Petter has some lack of great result the last few years, I know(and I guess some of you) that its not because he lost it... Maybe he got even better? Trying to beat better cars.. ? All I know is that Petter has raced in the same cars as :Tommi Makinen(4times WRC champion just prior to joining Subaru) Mikko Hirvonen, and last Atko... And he outpaced all of them.. Not Atko you say? Well I guess there is a simple reason for that! Petter tried to win(and went off, or suffered mech failure) and Atko safed it...At least most of the time.... If you put Petter alongside Mikko(or Loeb) in the same car, I'm very sure that he could easily compare to them. If not beaten them..

I have always regarded Petter as a very good driver. During the last few years he has almost ruined his carreer due to Subarus handling problems. But to say the he would easily compare with Loeb in the same car I believe is to stretch it a bit to far. Loeb is just to much.

On the other hand I put Petter in the same ranks as Bosse, Colin, Märtin and a few others who all has (had :( ) that little extra "killer instinct".

JFL
14th March 2009, 22:38
Did ever Loeb had any competitors in his own team? Yeah sure, you say Colin and Carlos, but I think that he did'nt.. French guy in a french team... I remember Carlos was pretty frustrated with Citroen when he left.. Never got the hang of it... Neither did Colin, but when he did a one of in the Skoda, he was there again.. Sordo was ever really nothing..until now.. he has been kind of stabile.. It's hard to say.. And we will never know. Unless they all agree to drive in a Subaru Gr.N car.. or something.. Interesting view for you, is to watch Youtube, the inboard from Ireland.. Open in two windows.. Loeb, and Atko at the same stage! (the one Atko went off) Start them at the same point, and watch how much faster Loeb's car accelerates out of the corners.. Amazing..

bluuford
14th March 2009, 23:42
Wow I thought that Loeb is one lucky guy.. but he is nothing compared to Ogier.. That wrong turn yesterday, nearly 10 spins and stalls and roll down from the mountain.. and still sixth :-) At least someone is thinking a lot about entertaining us ;-)

Helstar
14th March 2009, 23:48
I don't know if already discussed (haven't follow the thread) but what is happening to Ogier ? He did great in Citroen S1600, won first WRC special ever in the C4 at first try (Wales), won Monte in the IRC in a S2000 at first try, and after that he has just lost it ?
Three disaster rallies for him ... I'm speculating, but could there be some Citroen problems inside, he has now a lot less performing car because somebody is worried/jealous of his fast rising ... so Ogier has become nervous because losing lots of time in every SS leading to lots of mistakes ? Or is it just me who see only hidden conspiracies everywhere and the truth is that he has been overrated xD ?

shaitan
15th March 2009, 00:44
I don't know if already discussed (haven't follow the thread) but what is happening to Ogier ? He did great in Citroen S1600, won first WRC special ever in the C4 at first try (Wales), won Monte in the IRC in a S2000 at first try, and after that he has just lost it ?
Three disaster rallies for him ... I'm speculating, but could there be some Citroen problems inside, he has now a lot less performing car because somebody is worried/jealous of his fast rising ... so Ogier has become nervous because losing lots of time in every SS leading to lots of mistakes ? Or is it just me who see only hidden conspiracies everywhere and the truth is that he has been overrated xD ?

are you kidding?
jealous about their own driver who be a no-works ?
you are funny guy

Finni
15th March 2009, 01:55
Interesting view for you, is to watch Youtube, the inboard from Ireland.. Open in two windows.. Loeb, and Atko at the same stage! (the one Atko went off) Start them at the same point, and watch how much faster Loeb's car accelerates out of the corners.. Amazing..

Links?

Mirek
15th March 2009, 01:57

Well, JWRC 2008 wasn't a big proof of driving qualities. Maybe it's harsh from me but JWRC is just a shadow of what it used to be few years before especialy when You see Burkart on second place... Than he had great start in Walles but went off. On extreme weather Monte Carlo he was veeeeeeeeeeery lucky. He had at least one crash without damage (hi-speed spin into a bank) and all infront of him retired (Hänninen and Meeke crashed, Gardemeister had technical problems, Vouilloz punctured and than crashed twice, Serrazin went off and than broke suspension). He is definitely very taleted but he's not a god. Give him time, it's only his second world championship season and first in WRC ;)

Finni
15th March 2009, 01:57
so Ogier has become nervous because losing lots of time in every SS leading to lots of mistakes ? Or is it just me who see only hidden conspiracies everywhere and the truth is that he has been overrated xD ?

You are just hoping too much from extremely inexperienced guy. He has done fine. In some stages he has been almost match to Hirvonen (even regarding diffrence in road position) which enormous result. Everyone might remember how slow Hirvonen was when he started in wrc.

JFL
15th March 2009, 02:31
Everyone might remember how slow Hirvonen was when he started in wrc.
Hirvonen was quick as soon as he left Subaru in a private Ford..
Wonder what Petter could have done if he left earlier...

JFL
15th March 2009, 02:40
Links?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M_ou0Sxl6I&feature=channel_page ATKO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcaFLVaHEH0&feature=channel_page LOEB

If you run Atko's Video to aprox.02.53 and Loeb at :02.23. You should be at aprox. the same place.. maybe some adjustment.... ;) Enjoy..

Helstar
15th March 2009, 05:37
are you kidding?
jealous about their own driver who be a no-works ?
you are funny guy
You haven't understood anything as usual, but ok lol

Thanx Mirek Fric and Finni for sharing some thoughts ;)

Brother John
15th March 2009, 06:54
I don't think that. He is too slow for a title contender and he makes mistakes (GB 2008, Rally Norway on tactic, he can't drive fast as first on the road...)

I think Hirvonen and Latvala be not the problem, but also Malcolm and Ford is a problem for bad results.
Just like for Subaru, Prodrive was a problem. :rolleyes:
This way we can give partly the team bosses and engineers the debt for not achieving results, they took several times the wrong decisions.
Ford has been already fames for stupid tactics.
Also, most of the other drivers could win a rally if there were more teams with compotentcial rally cars.
How you can have a championship with only one real factory team and one commerce business company team? Don´t blame only the drivers for their results!

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 07:01
Good morning, are there any other forummembers who are awake to follow last day of this rally. Do you think we will see any drama today? ;) Ten minutes to start of first stage of the day.

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 07:04
Good Morning mates!!!Hoping for interesting third day.....!

Brother John
15th March 2009, 07:05
Wow I thought that Loeb is one lucky guy.. but he is nothing compared to Ogier.. That wrong turn yesterday, nearly 10 spins and stalls and roll down from the mountain.. and still sixth :-) At least someone is thinking a lot about entertaining us ;-)

This only proves that Citroën has the best car.
Those falls not in parts if they touch something. ;)

WRC1
15th March 2009, 07:10
i am here!

good morning

r199
15th March 2009, 07:13
morning everyone

in my opinion there is only one constructor in the wrc and that is ford
there is no citroen wrc team it is the seb loeb wrc team the car is bilt only for seb and he is the only one who is alowd to win whit the car

it is just like the f1 whit the schumacher ferrari he whas the only one who cold realy drive fast whit the car the rest all had problems (bad car)

jonkka
15th March 2009, 07:17
morgon...

harriswrc
15th March 2009, 07:17
No splits for Hirvonen?

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 07:18
Mikko is not on the splits........

jonkka
15th March 2009, 07:20
Yeh...

Switched GPS off to put pressure on Loeb? :eek:

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 07:21
Maybe he didn't start? :D

jonkka
15th March 2009, 07:24
Can any Cypriot/Greek confirm whether #62 is Pantelis Pamboukka or Bamboukka?

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 07:26
Does anybody know what the weather is like today? ;)

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 07:26
It's raining on the stages...

jonkka
15th March 2009, 07:30
And Petter is having hard time matching Sordo...

Brother John
15th March 2009, 07:31
Maybe he didn't start? :D

He does not want to be made ridiculous in a championship which is called WRC 2009? :laugh:

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 07:31
And Petter is having hard time matching Sordo...

He is not that far away from Sordo, but you are right he is having difficultiesto catch up with him.

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 07:32
No road sweeping and no advantage fot him.....Novikov stopped on stage!

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 07:32
Also good performance by Novikov sofar, let's see how long he will last at that speed. :D

Edit: is he stopped???

darkstar
15th March 2009, 07:33
i think solberg wont be able to catch sordo, unfortunately. they have almost the same speed, but he need to do lots faster...lets see what the 40km stage will bring!

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 07:35
Sordo takes 6 secs off Seb....!

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 07:35
Loeb made a mistake, look at splits. :(

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 07:38
Also good performance by Novikov sofar, let's see how long he will last at that speed. :D

Edit: is he stopped???
No splits for Novi

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 07:41
Mikko faster than Loeb by 5 secs

Brother John
15th March 2009, 07:42
At last Ford has understood to turn off the split times. :idea:

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 07:44
Petter 2,7 faster than Sordo...!

jonkka
15th March 2009, 07:46
At last Ford has understood to turn off the split times. :idea:

There should be a penalty for doing that.

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 07:48
Petter 2,7 faster than Sordo...!

Yes, but he told at finish that he stalled in one junction and lost about ten seconds?? :(

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 07:50
Solberg said that lost 12secs in a junction????

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 07:51
Yes, but he told at finish that he stalled in one junction and lost about ten seconds?? :(
He will take them back on next stage!! ;)

Brother John
15th March 2009, 07:54

You want another stupid rule from the F.I.A.? :rolleyes:

Hirvonen need at least a second faster each kilometre to win this rally. :(

Gard
Hopefully Petters gears will be ok for the rest of the rally. The car stalled a couple of minutes into the stage and he couldn't get the first gear in.

WRC1

agree!! splits for everybody or for nobody! everything between is bull

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 07:57

And conditions don't help at all!!! :mad:

Brother John
15th March 2009, 07:58
agree!! splits for everybody or for nobody! everything between is bull

I choose for nobody, also we fans, can wait easily for the stage times. :s mokin:

darkstar
15th March 2009, 08:00
Originally Posted by Brother John http://worldrally.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/aria/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://worldrally.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=601327#post601327)

And conditions don't help at all!!! :mad:

he wont make that without problems or mistakes from loeb. but i hope the very best for solberg!

also quite interesting is the battle between araujo and sandell!

Gard
15th March 2009, 08:01
I choose for nobody, also we fans, can wait easily for the stage times. :s mokin:

Go back to bed, you must be sick. Splits is half the fun :D

dimviii
15th March 2009, 08:04
Goood morning to everyone!!!!!!! :D

Novikov rolled in ss :(

bluuford
15th March 2009, 08:06
Goood morning to everyone!!!!!!! :D

Yes, he just rolled one additional point to Ford manufacturer effort.

ste898
15th March 2009, 08:08

Why are split times needed.....that is one if not the biggest item that is making WRC so boring......drivers are just driving to times!!!!!

dimviii
15th March 2009, 08:09
Araujo seems that he can do it...

Lalo
15th March 2009, 08:13

Oh, noooo :(

Go Petter!! Keep up! Go get Dani and show him who is the boss!

Brother John
15th March 2009, 08:25
Go back to bed, you must be sick. Splits is half the fun :D

It would be more fun if the drivers had to go full speed until the finnish.
Ho care about what the fans want. More fun with rally without split times for everyone. :p :

r199
15th March 2009, 08:32
the splits are ok but there should be a rule that forbids to give it to the drivers that way everyone is driving flat out and whe can follow it good

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 08:36
the splits are ok but there should be a rule that forbids to give it to the drivers that way everyone is driving flat out and whe can follow it good

The system of splittimes is costing a whole lot of money, so i don't think they will do it just for the fans. ;)

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 08:40
The longest stage of the rally will be live in a couple of minutes, it is now or never for Hirvonen and also for Solberg if he wants to catch up with Sordo. ;)

WRC1
15th March 2009, 08:40

yep!! maybe one of the lot points making IRC that sucessfull....

Brother John
15th March 2009, 08:43
How much and which drivers make a mistake or have a breakdown in the next long stage?

I think at least 3. ;)
Which?
1. ----
2. ----
3. ----
:?:

KKS
15th March 2009, 08:44
Ho care about what the fans want. More fun with rally without split times for everyone. :p :

no splits in car - mean spiceal people at stage with time boards like f1 . Loeb +1.5

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 08:45
Count out the Citroens...They are so lucky...Even weather loves them!!

bluuford
15th March 2009, 08:48
How much and which drivers make a mistake or have a breakdown in the next long stage?

I think at least 3. ;)
Which?
1. ----
2. ----
3. ----
:?:

I think that the decider will be the last one.. with worn tires and smaller concentration... But definitely.. Ogier has had a lot of luck so far and Rautenbach is the only Citroen junior driver without any major mistakes:-)

Gard
All whining aside. wrc.com have worked flawlessly in this rally. at least I haven't had any problems and that is a first time.

Psycho!
The marathon is underway!Go Petter!!

KKS
15th March 2009, 08:50
Loeb, Mikko, Dani same time at split 1 :D

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 08:50
Loeb.Sordo,Hirvo same first split.

A.F.F.
15th March 2009, 08:51
Petter is in the zone again :up:

Psycho!
-1,4 for Petter!!

wwbroe
Go Petter Go :eek:

darkstar
15th March 2009, 08:52
petter realye wants it, 1.4 faster!

Brother John
no splits in car - mean spiceal people at stage with time boards like f1 . Loeb +1.5

Yes they wil find something, I think mobil phone. :D
The current system is the simple for the drivers, it´s like drive with PLAYSTATION. Loeb´s pleased game. :s mokin:

jonkka
All whining aside. wrc.com have worked flawlessly in this rally. at least I haven't had any problems and that is a first time.

Maybe there's less interest => less server load => better response times...

jonkka
15th March 2009, 08:57
Petter has halved the difference...

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 08:58
-6,2 from Sordo on 2nd split!!

Gard
15th March 2009, 09:00
This is why Petter wants to stay in private team. If he had been in the juniors now, he would have to back down for Sordo.

Brother John
And good-bye Mikko.....I intend good-bye championship for Mikko :confused:

John V
Maybe there's less interest => less server load => better response times...

Exactly :) But popular events - to avoid overloading, we separated website and live results servers and since this have no problems with overload, even we are generating much more data (all categories etc.). The wrc should do the same maybe.

Wim_Impreza
Lucky that it is exciting in PWRC.

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 09:01
-7,3 now.....

jonkka
15th March 2009, 09:03
Exactly :) But popular events - to avoid overloading, we separated website and live results servers and since this have no problems with overload, even we are generating much more data (all categories etc.). The wrc should do the same maybe.

A site of that size is running load-balanced cluster, not individual servers. Or should be.

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 09:05
Sordo lost a lot to Loeb on split 4

jonkka
15th March 2009, 09:05
Almost there...

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 09:06
-10,9 to Sordo!!!Go Petter!!!

darkstar
15th March 2009, 09:09
petter rockz! and ogier is going to catch wilson i guess...

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 09:09
-14,8 now!!!!AMAZING!

Gard
15th March 2009, 09:10
oh boy. I've jinxed them now

jonkka
15th March 2009, 09:11
That's it, Petter's past and on podium...

dimviii
15th March 2009, 09:11
with this behave to Sordo,i can see that Petters xsara will not be more than 2oo ps at next round,from the special ecu tuning by citroen-sport :p

GOOOOO PETTER!!!!!!!

Brother John
15th March 2009, 09:17

I think at least 3. ;)
Which?
1. E. NOVICOV
2. ----
3. ----

John V
15th March 2009, 09:17
A site of that size is running load-balanced cluster, not individual servers. Or should be.

I hope they will do like this. But also the optimalisation of db and engine is important. Should be interesting to know how many request per minute coming to this site.

KKS
15th March 2009, 09:19

I think at least 3. ;)
Which?
1. E. NOVICOV
2. ----
3. ----

Novicov rolled at prev. 30km stage

A.F.F.
15th March 2009, 09:19
Mikko setting the pace.

Magnus
15th March 2009, 09:20
Go go go Petter!!!
I really did not expect that anything would excite me in this years WRC...
I am so glad I was wrong :D

GigiGalliNo1
i can see that Petters xsara will not be more than 2oo ps at next round,from the special ecu tuning by citroen-sport :p

hahaha

jonkka
I hope they will do like this. But also the optimalisation of db and engine is important. Should be interesting to know how many request per minute coming to this site.

Also note that they are so heavily laden with ads (from three different providers!) that those slow down the site as well. Try it with ad-blocker on and see if you notice any improvement...

darkstar
problems for loeb??? hirvonen 14 seconds faster :eek: :eek: :eek:

jonkka
15th March 2009, 09:21
Mikko setting the pace.

A little too late though I suspect that either Loeb has a small prob or he's cruising.

dimviii
15th March 2009, 09:22
something must be happened to Loeb between splits 6-8 :dozey:

A.F.F.
15th March 2009, 09:23
A little too late though I suspect that either Loeb has a small prob or he's cruising.

Surely it's not a problem. I suspect the latter one.

jonkka
15th March 2009, 09:26
Surely it's not a problem. I suspect the latter one.

Hannu Mikkola should tell him a warning tale and advice against cruising...

A.F.F.
15th March 2009, 09:29
Hannu Mikkola should tell him a warning tale and advice against cruising...

"Wake up Sebastien !!! Those are not the lines of a worldchampion !!"

tmx
15th March 2009, 09:30
Petter on the podium, Citroen will not be please. Maybe they'll ask Petter to slow down for Sordo to pass.

Brother John
15th March 2009, 09:31

Don´t wake him up please. ;)

jonkka
15th March 2009, 09:31

Nope. 1982 Swedish, Mikkola was leading comfortably but relaxed, went off into a snowbank and dropped to 16th.

darkstar
15th March 2009, 09:32
Petter on the podium, Citroen will not be please.

time to replace sordo :D i´m just kidding ;)

Brother John

No problem for factory points.

Gard

Petter is driving a Citroen ;) and Citroen will not be to conserned about Sordos championship points

Psycho!
One way or another they are taking 16 points.So,no problem!

A.F.F.
15th March 2009, 09:33
Nope. 1982 Swedish, Mikkola was leading comfortably but relaxed, went off into a snowbank and dropped to 16th.

But change Sebastien to Ari and that was what Hannu said him after the first loop of RAC back in 1981.

Kamikaze
15th March 2009, 09:33
Can we call him Slowdo after this Drive ? :D

dimviii
15th March 2009, 09:34
Ogier gains a lot to Wilson through last splits.Maybe in front of him after this ss.
Araujo seems to loose the leadershi in pwrc too

jonkka
But change Sebastien to Ari and that was what Hannu said him after the first loop of RAC back in 1981.

:)

wwbroe
Sandell is putting great pressure on Aurojo, he may take first place in PWRC after this stage. ;)

Gard
15th March 2009, 09:36
Can we call him Slowdo after this Drive ? :D

:D get Petter a good C4 and maybe we'll have Sloewb too

Wim_Impreza
15th March 2009, 09:36
Ogier passed Wilson. For sure not a deserved 5th place for Ogier with so much luck. When we were 5 years ago, he was not in the top 10 with those mistakes...

John V
15th March 2009, 09:38
Sandell is putting great pressure on Aurojo, he may take first place in PWRC after this stage. ;)
20 sec for Patrik now, hope he will manage it :)

bluuford
15th March 2009, 09:39
seems that Latavala can catch Rautenbach on stage:-) Hopefully Conrad is driving in right direction :-P

KKS
15th March 2009, 09:41
great run for Skoda and Patrick!!! GOGO!

Psycho!
seems that Latavala can catch Rautenbach on stage:-) Hopefully Conrad is driving in right direction :-P
:D :D

Brother John
How much and which drivers make a mistake or have a breakdown in the next long stage? Maybe just to slow?

I think at least 3. ;)
Which?
1. Sordo
2. Wilson
3. ----

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 09:49
Sandell will take the lead in PWRC from Araujo. ;)

dimviii
15th March 2009, 09:52
broken gear-box for Araujo....pitty...

FAlonso
15th March 2009, 09:52
Armindo is having gearbox problems since todays first stage.

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 09:54
Last stage of the rally will be live soon. ;)

tolis
15th March 2009, 09:54
Will Attiyah catch Araujo????

urabus-denoS2000
15th March 2009, 09:56
Link for live stage?

Finni
15th March 2009, 10:00
Judging by the time and info from the stage 12 it seems there is very wet road conditions. It has been common tendency in this rally and overally that Hirvonen is the fastest throught damp stages and sections. Loeb has been probably bit careful but knowing Ford's/Mikko's damp pace he scarcely has been cruising without split times.

dimviii
15th March 2009, 10:00
possible Tolis,depends from how serious is the problem with gear-box of Araujos.
Arai what problem he had in last stage?

René
15th March 2009, 10:04
Link for live stage?

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=409&season=2009&rally_id=CY

John V
15th March 2009, 10:06
possible Tolis,depends from how serious is the problem with gear-box of Araujos.
Arai what problem he had in last stage?
Broken front driveshaft from previous stage

tolis
Let's see!!!

MikeD
:bounce: WIN NO 50 :bounce:

:roll: :roll:

:beer: to the other Loeb fans

tolis
15th March 2009, 10:07
Congratulations Seb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

urabus-denoS2000
15th March 2009, 10:07
Go Seb and Dani (Elena) !!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

WRC1
15th March 2009, 10:08
congratulations sebastien and daniel!!!

ford must change something very soon....

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 10:08
Great achiefment by Mister Loeb. ;)

ste898
15th March 2009, 10:09
:bounce: WIN NO 50 :bounce:

:roll: :roll:

:beer: to the other Loeb fans

Big celebrations lol

Where was his competition ........there was'nt any!!!

tmx
15th March 2009, 10:10
Sorry due to economic reason they don't have more money to change it.

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 10:11

To actually change what? Loeb's dominance?

bluuford
15th March 2009, 10:12

Ford have upgraded engine for Portugal..

And there is a fight between Wilslow and oige eri!

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 10:12
Wilson is faster then Loeb between split two and three!!!!

Edit: between spli 1 and two !!!

jonkka
15th March 2009, 10:13
Petter on podium - that is good

Patwrc
Petter you have done it! YEAH

A.F.F.
Congrats for big 50 Sebastien and Daniel.

That's a record that won't be broken, maybe ever.

tolis
15th March 2009, 10:14
Bravo Petter!!!!!!

darkstar
solberg is so glad about 3rd place, thats cool! he´s more happy than loeb wo has won. i thinks loeb must be pretty bored of winning :D

r199
great for petter realy like him great sportsman and that wit an (historic rally car) he is better than seb

wwbroe
15th March 2009, 10:16
Congrats to Loeb and Solberg, Wilson is flying also!!!!

Ogier off the road !!!

mjh

The only thing they can't match is Loeb, the Focus is a match for the C4 if there is an equal class of driver behind the wheel IMHO. If the C4 was so unbeatable I don't think we would have seen Petter in 3rd place with an old Xsara!

I think Petters performance has been excellent. Maybe all the grumbling about the Scooby inhibiting his potential is right after all.....

darkstar
ogier off!!!

Psycho!
Ogier off!!!!

dimviii
15th March 2009, 10:17
stage win for Wilslow :p

Ogier sortie de routie?must be at the last 2 kiliometre!!!

r199
15th March 2009, 10:17
wtf a bad off???????? someone info

bluuford
15th March 2009, 10:19
Well someones luck finished before the the rally.. it was already bit too exiting anyway .-)

Psycho!
15th March 2009, 10:20
The only thing they can't match is Loeb, the Focus is a match for the C4 if there is an equal class of driver behind the wheel IMHO. If the C4 was so unbeatable I don't think we would have seen Petter in 3rd place with an old Xsara!

Remember that Solberg is much better in gravel than Sordo!

WRC1
15th March 2009, 10:22
To actually change what? Loeb's dominance?

no! not loeb dominance, but they can change:

- the drivers!! they need a number 1 driver, a driver wich is fighting and put pressure on loeb from first to last stage! not only on the last 2 stages - hence petter solberg!

- the test team!! they need to make theire homework, ford made a 4 day test with gravel tires on tarmac, they said before cyprus they are well prepaired...and on friday evening they where surprised by the conditions and the fact that a used tire is better than a new one....just funny

REG

WRC1

Brother John
great for petter realy like him great sportsman and that wit an historic rally car.

Unfortunate that it is a Citroën. But anyway, Congrats to Petter. :up:

Psycho!
Well someones luck finished before the the rally.. it was already bit too exiting anyway .-)
Time for other guys as well to live that..... ;)

urabus-denoS2000
15th March 2009, 10:23
Big celebrations lol

Where was his competition ........there was'nt any!!!

I just knew you would say that.......

Congratulations to Petter for a staggering performance and Matthew for a stage win (not counting the SSS win)!!!!!!!!!!

Seems the 5 year plan is working,he can win when everyone is cruising!

N.O.T
15th March 2009, 10:24
Great win for Loeb.....once more he was unstopable

Good perfromance by Solberg as well in a rally were rally skills are never tested. I doubt he will be that good in the other trues gravel ad tarmac rallies.

dimviii
15th March 2009, 10:25
the joke of the rally....

Wilson after his stage win at last ss:"I can't go faster." :D :p :D :p :D

tmx
15th March 2009, 10:26
Hahaha. I was watching Matthew Wilson time to see if he could overhaul Sebastian. I don't think he would have gotten 5th place if Sebastian wouldn't get problems, Sebastian split time before he crash was close to Matthew, they were both going flat out.

Great acheivement for Petter to get podium because it's his first proper podium in a while. Greece 2008 2nd place is not proper imo because the many of top drivers were having problems. I think Ford team should employ Petter.

John V
15th March 2009, 10:27
Update about Ogier: seems the car stopped because technical problem (based on info from Limassol HQ)