Thread: Turkey 2018

Threaded View

Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I can guarantee that event like this will never be popular among other competitors because there is no pleasure in braking your car without actually racing. Imagine You're a junior R2T competitor. Why should You spend money on an event which is no joy to drive, which will cost you fortune and where there is low chance you'll even finish?
    I have participated as a driver in three Acropolis rallies with a small FWD car and I can guarantee you that what you say is very far from true. There is great driving pleasure and excitement in trying to go fast on such roads. And even the overcoming of problems when you work as a mechanic offers excitement that today's soft rallies don't offer.
    As a driver I would love to participate in Turkey (although I can't because my car is not new and it can participate only in national championship rallies).
    As a spectator, I just promised myself to go to Marmaris next year. I know well that if you sit on fast sections you can see great things as the cars are almost all the time "up on the air".
    As a Greek I would prefer to have Acropolis in the calendar, of course. But I know from the inside that this is not going to happen in the following years because of lack of money, so I welcome Turkey and I wish it remains in the calendar. A rally of this kind is needed.
    Last edited by scn; 16th September 2018 at 13:20.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (16th September 2018),aykutbilir (16th September 2018),Eli (16th September 2018),GF (16th September 2018),MentalParadox (16th September 2018),NickRally (17th September 2018),omer yetis (27th September 2018),Rally Hokkaido (16th September 2018),Rally Power (16th September 2018),Simmi (16th September 2018),Tauri_J (16th September 2018),the sniper (16th September 2018)