Page 98 of 222 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
    Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Even if 5% of them stay with the sport in a long term he still brought thousands to it. Anyway I don't see anything wrong with bringing huge interest about rallying even if only for couple of years. Quite the opposite. He made a huge promotion for WRC and the fact he failed doesn't change anything about it. In fact it brought a lot of reputation to the series from the fans of circuit racing as they saw how difficult it is for circuit stars to win something in rallying (Raikkonen did that too).
    What he has failed so far is to earn a factory seat. There was a very long interview a few days ago and for me it looks like he just doesn't want to drive in WRC anymore because he can't be competitive in a private Fiesta (he was saying the same last year) and he is too ambitious to waste time driving for fun. I'm sure it's also more complicated than what everybody thinks.

2. Likes: WUff1 (1st February 2016)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    The only one who lose here is not WRC or the fans (except those of Kubica of course), but Robert himself.
    I agree with him, without a factory seat, if you are ambitous it will become a "waste of time" after a while... But it's sadly only his fault. With more factories coming in the sport, team principals are hungry for good drivers, they would not hesitate a moment to take him if he had became one of them, also considering the awareness he could bring towards their team. Unfortunately, even having a notable potential at the beginning of his WRC career, he didn't had the right approach to the sport.
    Good luck for his new challenges.

Liked 11,241 Times in 4,460 Posts
    Yes, the reason why he doesn't have a works seat is himself. No team needs a driver who crashes in average more than once per every event no matter how fast or spectacular he is. Sadly he hasn't learned how to finish even in several complete seasons and without that everyone is finished sooner or later.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

It's a vicious cycle, there is a group that expecting him to finish every rally, there is another group that expects him to be one of the fastest and then there is lack of gravel experience. If he had finished rallies driving like Prokop then the other group would be saying that he was too slow for works seat. But he's not the first case that proves that changing motosport and be successful is a very hard task.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    What did Kubica do to make a manufacturer interested with him? He is fast, ok, but does a manufacturer want 1-2 best stage times per few rallies, and then DNF 1-2 times per rally? Kubica is great and fast driver, very fast, but the rally doesn't require this fastness, it requires to be fast and consistent to finish the sprint marathon, not just the sprint. Anyway I was enjoying Kubica being in WRC, very spectacular, hope everything goes how he himself wants, for sure he deserves to race.....
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 11,241 Times in 4,460 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariusz View Post
    It's a vicious cycle, there is a group that expecting him to finish every rally, there is another group that expects him to be one of the fastest and then there is lack of gravel experience. If he had finished rallies driving like Prokop then the other group would be saying that he was too slow for works seat. But he's not the first case that proves that changing motosport and be successful is a very hard task.
    Nobody was winning since the first stage. Neither Loeb, nor Ogier did. There is absolutely no need to start winning right from the beginning especially when You come from another discipline. In fact very few drivers won something before they were chosen by manufacturers. Kubica just proved again that the way to the manufacturer seat doesn't lead through kamikaze style.

Seriously, Robert managed to crash once, twice, three times or even four times per one rally and he has been repeating the same story again and again for how long? Three years? How can anyone expect to be chosen by a manufacturer when his only results are retirements? I can understand Robert that he tries to push and keep with the top guys. He has the attitude and the killer instinct in him. What I don't understand is how come he never realized that what he does leads nowhere? Tell me what would he loose if he finished several events around 6-8th place? Do You really think that it's worse than to crash every second day?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

8. Likes: AL14 (31st January 2016),Rallyper (1st February 2016),sindroms (1st February 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Seriously, Robert managed to crash once, twice, three times or even four times per one rally and he has been repeating the same story again and again for how long? Three years? How can anyone expect to be chosen by a manufacturer when his only results are retirements? I can understand Robert that he tries to push and keep with the top guys. He has the attitude and the killer instinct in him. What I don't understand is how come he never realized that what he does leads nowhere? Tell me what would he loose if he finished several events around 6-8th place? Do You really think that it's worse than to crash every second day?
    Oh, was there a rally he had 4 times? When? 3 times happened maybe in 2014, but I have a bad memory and I actually don't care. I think finishing around 6-8th that was his realistic expectation and goal for most events, unfortunately he made mistakes and sometimes had car failures. I just can't believe that people can think he is always pushing on purpose.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Let's go back to the topic - how could Kubica help TMR to develop their cars? Pushing a car to the limit doesn't seem the right thing for the job, but analyse how the car behaves under different circumstances. So how does he know what is better for the car to go faster?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

11. Likes: pantealex (1st February 2016)
    Liked 352 Times in 184 Posts
    Donīt blame his driving skills and donīt forget his handicap. Iīm sure many of his accidents were caused by this.

13. Likes: Sulland (1st February 2016)
    Liked 1,370 Times in 713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WUff1 View Post
    Donīt blame his driving skills and donīt forget his handicap. Iīm sure many of his accidents were caused by this.
    I have not seen what his right arm can and can not do in a car. But from the few videos and pics I have seen it look like it is hampering him quite a bit.
    I guess many are overlooking this fact.
    On the other hand, you should think there is less arm movement in a racing car compared to rally.
    Lets see what he will do in 2016, the talent is undisputed!!