Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christy but View Post
    people from Ireland north or south come along to dfynant on Saturday to view point 4 the hairpin area for a bit of craic.bring your flags and hats and whatever you have.!!! give this a read http://ditchslapped.com/index.php/irish-corner/ #irishcorner
    Oh fantastic, overcrowd the place why don't you!! - there is only a bank on the exit with no standing on the entrance and apex as cars have been known to get very out of shape and carry straight on over a big drop! I'd pick a much safer place to congregate if I were you
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    Last year the place was way overcrowded and the marshals didnt manage to keep people out of the inside of the hairpin.
    This year being an uphill right hairpin, so even less spectacular. I would avoid this point I think

3. Likes: Mintexmemory (6th November 2014)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Looking forward... The itinerary looks quite spectator-friendly (better than when it was in South of Wales I think)?

@Bluuford, any depressing weather predictions?

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Tom, trying to stage hop will be a nightmare. The only way it is possible is to have parking spots very near the spectator zones and not to go exploring outside of these areas. This only facilitates the first move of the day, after that it will be mayhem. There is no way that the rally pass represents good value. Media access or helicopter are necessary to see more that 3 stages in 1 day!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

6. Likes: AndyRAC (7th November 2014)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    There is no way that the rally pass represents good value. Media access or helicopter are necessary to see more that 3 stages in 1 day!
    In my experience it's difficult enough to see 3 stages. It's one of the reasons that I probably won't bother to go. A 5 hour each way journey, sleeping in the car and all the money on fuel, tickets etc. to see the cars maybe twice in daylight and once at night just isn't worth it IMO.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (7th November 2014)
    Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Looking forward... The itinerary looks quite spectator-friendly (better than when it was in South of Wales I think)?

@Bluuford, any depressing weather predictions?
    Not really spectator friendly in terms of stages you can see. Road mileage to stage is more now especially if you want to visit service park every night.
    Switching between stage has never been a problem for me. But usually it means 2 stages, 3 in a day is very rare. This year it can be done on Saturday but is very marginal. The major problem is the distance you may have to walk (or run ) if you arrive late at the stage.

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    I think you're best staying for the day in the same stage. The days of stage hopping are over...for now. As such, the passes aren't worth the money. I'm paying on the gate, having previously bought tickets.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts
    Im hoping to pay at the entrance to the woods, as I only found out Wednesday I could go. If I book a day pass now I have to drive to Deeside or flaming Llandudno! If that fails, i'll be parking up somewhere and walking in!

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    In my experience it's difficult enough to see 3 stages. It's one of the reasons that I probably won't bother to go. A 5 hour each way journey, sleeping in the car and all the money on fuel, tickets etc. to see the cars maybe twice in daylight and once at night just isn't worth it IMO.
    Actually for the first time that I can remember its actually possible to watch 4 stages on Friday, and you don't even have to change car parks!

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Great livery for Wilson!!

!

14. Likes: Allyc85 (8th November 2014),Andre Oliveira (8th November 2014),Fast Eddie WRC (7th November 2014),Nazar Swan (8th November 2014),pantealex (10th November 2014),peg306 (7th November 2014)