Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sepang Test

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny hurlock
    randy looks good on the honda so far
    He'd look even better without his shirt!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    ..and promising for Michelin shod - Honda riding Dani. Alot of people cried last year about Caseys domination, how much worse would it be if Dani dominated in the same way this year that Casey did last. I think I'd switch over to the bowls.

Bowls?? Do you really think you could handle that pace!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Casey and Chris both looking good so far! pitty about Danni.... sort of narrowing the race for #2 down about already.

Wonder how the new Michelins will be??? should be an interesting couple of days that might just shed a lot on weather rossi's switch is a sink or swim move????? Horhay is damn close to rossi already hmmmmm getting "REALLY" interesting and just one day down mokin:
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It is too early to judge their form just from this test IMO. I think the last test before racing gets under way will be more of a guide. Poor old Danny, hope he can heal quickly so we can see a real fight for #1. It's going to be a great year me thinks, can't wait til it gets going.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No doubt about it! Phillip Island will be interesting testing times also too. After day #2 at Sepang and Edwards on Michelins is quicker than Rossi on the BS, not to mention how close young Horhay is already to Rossi.
    Early days yes but I reckon Michelin could yet prove the better rubber suited to the Yami in 08 at least you would suspect Michelin would be wanting to prove this point with a passion... -Oh to be a fly on the wall over at Yamaha :
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Final times - day 3

1. Hayden (Repsol-Honda) 2.00.326
    2. Stoner (Ducati Marlboro-) 2.00.660
    3. Lorenzo (Yamaha-Fiat) 2.00.766
    4. Edwards (Yamaha Tech 3) 2.01.179
    5. Hopkins (Kawasaki) 2.01.198
    6. Rossi (Yamaha-Fiat) 2.01.425
    7. Dovizioso (Scot-Honda) 2.01.447
    8. Toseland (Yamaha Tech 3) 2.01.745
    9. Vermeulen (Rizla-Suzuki) 2.01.748
    10. Capirossi (Rizla-Suzuki) 2.01.778
    11. De Puniet (LCR-Honda) 2.01.873
    12. Nakano (-Honda Gresini) 2.02.032
    13. De Angelis (-Honda Gresini) 2.02.198
    14. Melandri (Ducati Marlboro-) 2.02.725
    15. West (Kawasaki) 2.02.978
    16. Elias (Ducati-Alice) 2.0.995
    17. Jacque (Kawasaki) 2.03.030
    18. Guintoli (Ducati-Alice) 2.03.628
    19. Canepa (Ducati) 2.03.703
    20. Serizawa (Kawasaki) 2.04.354
    21. Aoki (Rizla-Suzuki) --
    22. Akiyoshi (Rizla-Suzuki)

Lorenzo and Edwards on Michelins faster than Rossi - whoops

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stoner 2.1 seconds faster than Melandri..
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    These tests have made Stoner look even more impressive - the rest of the Duc's have been nowhere! I know it's early days but Melandri has been comfortably the most disappointing so far.
    The biggest thing to come from the tests thus far is the emergence of Honda and Michelin as seemingly the strongest overall package. Can't wait for the season to start to see who has been playing games and where exactly everyone is really at.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dovi Official Fanclub Newsletter
    24/01/2008 TEST MOTOGP- Sepang, Malesia

ANDREA LASCIA SEPANG SODDISFATTO DELLA SUA PRIMA SIMULAZIONE GARA IN MOTOGP

24-01-2008 MOTOGP TEST, Sepang Malaysia

ANDREA LEAVES SEPANG HAPPY WITH HIS FIRST RACE SIMULATION IN MOTOGP

Today was the third and final day of the first test of 2008, in preparation for the up-coming MotoGP season. JiR Team Scot rider Andrea Dovizioso secured the 7th fastest time of the day with a best lap-time of 2m 01.447 during another very intense day of work. Dovi spent his time devouring the miles and the Michelin tyres in a bid to get maximum feedback and feeling from his four-cylinder RC212V Honda, which is proving to be a potent package for the season ahead. Today was spent testing a number of different tyres from Michelin, in a range of compounds, profiles and dimentions – evaluation work, which is vital if the 21-year-old Italian is to gain the maximum potential from his new 800cc MotoGP bike. Andrea was also able to do a long run race simulation in the afternoon, which was the culmination of all the work completed so far in the last three days. During the simulation, Andrea put in some good consistent lap times. The team now fly to Australia for more testing between 30th January and 1st February.

Andrea Dovizioso #4 – Rider, JiR Team Scot MotoGP
    “We ended the three-day test at Sepang doing a race simulation which was the logical way of finishing all the hard work we’ve been doing over the last week. Before the run we did some small modifications, which gave to the bike improved handling after experiencing vibrations from rear of the bike yesterday. It was good to make this improvement. At the very end of the day I tried once more a qualifying tyre, which for the moment I’m not able to use at the maximum. I also tried two 16-inch rear race tyres from Michelin. Looking at our pace in the simulation compared to last year’s race, you can see that we are not going slow, so that gives me so much hope! For this reason I am hungry to improve the bike still further at Phillip Island and find that elusive perfect set-up for the bike!”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone know the dates for the MotoGP test at Phillip Island?