Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    That is true. It's a shame because Jordan-Midland-Spyker have always had some of the most beautiful liveries. From the green-blue in 1991, to the yellow used for a decade (I loved the hornets on the side of the 1998-99 car) and then when Midland ripped off of a McLaren livery and made it look better than the McLaren! I also was impressed with the orange of Spyker but the metallic red on the Force India car is not too bad, but yes there is far too much white.
    2008 NASCAR CUP SCRAMBLE CHAMPION

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    I reckon they should've used more gold from the aldar sponsorship on the side to make it more distinctive. Hopefully they change the livery for next season... if the ownership hasnt changed hands.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not a big fan.. i poop on that livery.. as someone mentioned.. india's national colors would have been distinct.
    option 13...nuff said

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ten-tenths
    not a big fan.. i poop on that livery.. as someone mentioned.. india's national colors would have been distinct.
    I don't suppose it matters what colour it is if it is an improvement of last year......?

I wonder just how much input sponsors have on the entire look, and how restrictive this can be in coming up something aesthitically pleasing, but also that provides a unique identity - such as Ferrari Crimson, the old Mclaren Marlboro scheme, then the West theme.

The White/Blue/Yellow Canon Williams Honda of old, then the Rothmans livery (not that horrible Winfield scheme), and of course the lovely Jordan Irish green/7UP green, and the dark blue base, that was inspired.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    I don't suppose it matters what colour it is if it is an improvement of last year......?

I wonder just how much input sponsors have on the entire look, and how restrictive this can be in coming up something aesthitically pleasing, but also that provides a unique identity - such as Ferrari Crimson, the old Mclaren Marlboro scheme, then the West theme.

The White/Blue/Yellow Canon Williams Honda of old, then the Rothmans livery (not that horrible Winfield scheme), and of course the lovely Jordan Irish green/7UP green, and the dark blue base, that was inspired.....
    Aah, classic liveries, you can't beat them; Marlboro McLaren especially. Some modern ones are hideous trying to please all the sponsors.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Aah, classic liveries, you can't beat them; Marlboro McLaren especially. Some modern ones are hideous trying to please all the sponsors.
    How could I forget the glorious JPS Loti.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I hoped to see orange and green too. These are colours we are also missing on the grid at the moment (Honda had some green, but they are going to change it...). If the name of the team is clearly nationalistic, then it would be proper to use respective colours too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Are we certain the new car isn't the green thing in the background?
    Lireland

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    Any info on how much modification has been done to the original B-spec Spyker?
    I know the chassis is being carried over, that much was made clear when the B-Spec car was introduced last year, obviously the car will need a modified head rest to conform with the 2008 regulations and I would expect that it'll have a revised aero package, even the smaller teams in F1 never stand still on aerodynamics after all!

One thing I remember from the launch of the B-Spec car was Mike Gascoigne saying that it lacked a seamless shift 'box as it had to last 4 races (2008 regs) yet all 3 of the factory teams to release thier cars so far have managed to retain thier seamless / quick shift boxes, so it'll be interesting to see how reliable these are by the 4th weekend they have run.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philipbain
    I know the chassis is being carried over, that much was made clear when the B-Spec car was introduced last year, obviously the car will need a modified head rest to conform with the 2008 regulations and I would expect that it'll have a revised aero package, even the smaller teams in F1 never stand still on aerodynamics after all!

One thing I remember from the launch of the B-Spec car was Mike Gascoigne saying that it lacked a seamless shift 'box as it had to last 4 races (2008 regs) yet all 3 of the factory teams to release thier cars so far have managed to retain thier seamless / quick shift boxes, so it'll be interesting to see how reliable these are by the 4th weekend they have run.
    that was a cop out by gascoigne, he just doesn't want to admit what everyone else already knows, and thats that the team doesn't have the funds to develop a reliable seemless shift. Even Red Bull with all of their money couldn't do it! How many times did it break last year? 12? something like that...