Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Chassis F1 numbers

I have a dream !
    I would like to list all the chassis number used in formula one,GP by GP,race by race,from 1950 until 2007...
    I know it's a difficult challenge.But if somebody help me in my search i'm sure it coulb be possible.
    Thanks for advance.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdinand66
    I have a dream !
    I would like to list all the chassis number used in formula one,GP by GP,race by race,from 1950 until 2007...
    I know it's a difficult challenge.But if somebody help me in my search i'm sure it coulb be possible.
    Thanks for advance.
    Bear in mind that this is a minefield.
    • Because of customs carnets and other paperwork issues, chassis plates were frequently changed to match the paperwork. [/*:m:3oso1v17]
    • There was the dubious practice of certain manufacturers to renumber an ex-works chassis and sell it as new[/*:m:3oso1v17]
    • Others, or the same manufacturer on occasions, openly renumbered ex-works chassis when they sold the car. [/*:m:3oso1v17]
    • Then there were the chassis assembled by the teams forom parts supplied by the manufacturer which may have been unnumbered [/*:m:3oso1v17]
    • And the ones that were unnumbered when sold so they were not recorded through the books.[/*:m:3oso1v17]
    • Some cars had replacement chassis after accidents that were renumbered with the same number - and then the original was straightened out and re-used[/*:m:3oso1v17]
    • Some manufacturers didn't keep records or if they did kept a record by race numbers[/*:m:3oso1v17]
    You are giving yourself a job that will keep you occupied for life.

In all seriousness, if you are interested in chassis information I suggest you contact one of the people who have made a start on this task such as Allen Brown at Old Racing Cars who was referenced in the post above and offer to collaborate and assist. I'm sure they would welcome your help.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdinand66
    I have a dream !
    Are you the F1 equivilent of a train spotter?
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)