Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont care who has it as long as its on.

Skys coverage was pants but like you said was geared heavily towards noobs. I did find Keith a irratating git at times, why have a guy like that hosting NASCAR?, he knows eff all. Was intresting seeing his enthusiasmfor the sport grow though over the 2 yrs so i tip my hat to him for that.

And the endless questions like "why do cars have wheels?" got up my nose. I think the American coverage is pretty great. compare NASCAR to F1, F1 dont really try to explain things to viewers (has improved lately on the BBC) with things like the cut away car and the VT's showing what happens when an engine blows etc.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    when sky show the daytona 500 live make sure you get the emails in to the studio the more emails they get the more pressure they will be under to show the rest of the season we need to get on their backs get your friends and any one you know to watch it even if its for 10 mins it will show up on the ratings for it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jimmie Johnson Poll

For what it's worth, in the bottom right hand corner of Sky's Motorsport website (http://www.skysports.com/motorsport) there is a poll on whether JJ will win his fifth Sprint Cup Championship in a row.

Maybe they will be measuring the response to this to understand more about the size of the UK NASCAR fanbase.

May be worthwhile going on there to vote

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I totally understand why some hard core fans of NASCAR would hate Sky's coverage, but as a newbie to the sport 18 months ago, I have enjoyed the coverage and helped me understand (a wee bit anyway) NASCAR.

I'm glad we will see the Daytona 500, and pray that we will get live NASCAR coverage from somewhere on TV for the rest of the season.
    I aim to live forever - so far so good...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it doesnt make sense why sky would want the daytona 500 when it would take up 90% of what sky would of paid for the whole season its one of the most expensive races in the world

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR NAME DOWN ON http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nascar_on_tv_2010/ THE MORE PEOPLE SIGN IT THE MORE PRESSURE THEY WILL BE UNDER

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just got this from sky

Thank you for your email regarding NASCAR 2010.
    I am sorry to hear that you unhappy that we will not be showing the full season of NASCAR live.
    unfortunately we do not hold the rights to the full season of NASCAR this year and we were only able to get the rights to Daytona 500.I will pass your comment on to the relevant department. I do apologise for the the disappointment you have experienced due to this.
    I hope this information is of some assistance to you. Should you have any other queries, please contact myself at the above email address where I will be happy to assist.
    Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Service Team on 08442 41 41 41.

Kind Regards
    Nicola Graham
    Customer Services

are sky suggesting someone else beat them to the punch?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sky suck big time,
    all they think about is football (soccer)

Just look around for a good stream, plenty of them, just watch out for the numerous add breaks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon11
    when sky show the daytona 500 live make sure you get the emails in to the studio the more emails they get the more pressure they will be under to show the rest of the season we need to get on their backs get your friends and any one you know to watch it even if its for 10 mins it will show up on the ratings for it
    Lets not !

I hope there is no UK studio to ruin the atmosphere of the Daytona 500, no inane comments, or misinformed information.

Remember the first few moments from the studio in 2008, carping on how great Dario Franrubbish was, and how we all wanted to watch him win the cup. Like NOT, me for one will not miss them.
    - :spinhead: Oh he turned him !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdancing
    Lets not !

I hope there is no UK studio to ruin the atmosphere of the Daytona 500, no inane comments, or misinformed information.

Remember the first few moments from the studio in 2008, carping on how great Dario Franrubbish was, and how we all wanted to watch him win the cup. Like NOT, me for one will not miss them.
    looks like you'll get your wish- no-one is showing live NASCAR in the UK this year- happy now???

all the Sky bashers I hope you enjoy watching it on some poxy web stream with ad breaks every 5 minutes