Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi

season seemed to deflate slightly for me just after the chase started. Probably the sinking inevitability of a Jimmie 3-peat.

You mean when Biffle was winning everything?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have been disappointed with Nascar coverage this year because I can't afford to have Sky sports. I remember having the two series on Setanta for like 9.99 a month. Now it's like near enough £40 per month for the Sky (with all that bloody football) and another 12.99 per month for the setanta to get very un-reliable coverage of the Nationwide.I don't even have a Sky+ box which is another £100 outlay.

I preferred the coverage without any British intervention. You also used to get telemetry on screen during breaks and pre-race coverage, I know there were some balls ups but at least I could afford it. Since becoming a mature student I missed the last ten races, sh*te.

Just to add I'm worried about ALMS too next season because the motors people(or is it Eurosport) don't run an info bar like the speed coverage does which makes endurance racing far more involving.

Wish we had Nascar trucks too but knowing luck it would go exclusively to Virgin customers lol.

I might just cancel the lot because it would be less frustrating.

Sorry just having a rant, I'm rarely on here and never get to chat to folk about motor racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have been disappointed with Nascar coverage this year because I can't afford to have Sky sports. I remember having the two series on Setanta for like 9.99 a month. Now it's like near enough £40 per month for the Sky (with all that bloody football) and another 12.99 per month for the setanta to get very un-reliable coverage of the Nationwide.I don't even have a Sky+ box which is another £100 outlay.

I preferred the coverage without any British intervention. You also used to get telemetry on screen during breaks and pre-race coverage, I know there were some balls ups but at least I could afford it. Since becoming a mature student I missed the last ten races, sh*te.

Just to add I'm worried about ALMS too next season because the motors people(or is it Eurosport) don't run an info bar like the speed coverage does which makes endurance racing far more involving.

Wish we had Nascar trucks too but knowing my luck it would go exclusively to Virgin customers lol.

I might just cancel the lot because it would be less frustrating.

Sorry just having a rant, I'm rarely on here and never get to chat to folk about motor racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A good point is always worth making twice

Just just to clarify, the coverage has been good, providing you had Sky and Sultana - otherwise it was rubbish. Five had a tiny highlight show that missed out loads apparently.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

O/T stoogetv

Anyone know whats happend to stoogetv,it was a great site for sport especially sprint cup.I went to watch some football on there yesterday and its gone!!Just hope its back by next february,it was a great source to watch the cup pre and post race show (i'd watch the race itself on sky)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

February - got anything on?

Is it February yet?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nascar On Uk Tv 2009

I know Sky have rights to Sprint Cup for this season (and that they are also showing Indy Car). Have heard rumours they may show the Craftsman Truck Series?

Was on NASN (soon to be ESPN America) website and they say they will be showing Nascar Now Magazine Show but that they do not have rights to the Nationwide Series for this season. They have always shown it here in past seasons. Has anybody any news regarding the Nationwide Series on UK tv for 2009?

Thanks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JTK

but that they do not have rights to the Nationwide Series for this season.

If true, I feel a cancelation coming on

// wonders what to spend money on

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i got rid of setanta last year and opted for TVU player and NASCAR.com for the Nationwide races.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I e-mailed sky during the braodcast of either phoenix or homestead race regarding coverage for 2009,had a reply stating they had no intention to broadcast the truck series.
    Will Nationwide series be returning to motors tv?I really do not want 2 subscrptions this year (sky sports&setanta) having cancelled setanta in novvember.