Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miika
    I guess hitting obstacles is part of who JML is but I still want to believe that new team and enviroment will enhance his mindset, even just a bit. Plus driving a winner car usually makes wonders for a driver.
    No one can deny it, Citroen has been the better car for years. Lets see 2013 what will bring...
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv
    Lets see 2013 what will bring...
    Any other result than Hirvonen's and Citroen's titles will be a surprise.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Cloth to a disaster start with VW, for JML...

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Has there been any other driver whose career has followed the same arc as Jari Matti's? On his day, no-one is faster, except maybe Ogier, but this has become a pattern of behaviour. I am convinced it is all in his head, but question if he is ever going to beat it, and reach his full potential.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    I think his full potential was second half of 2011. Arc shape - well described [attachment=1:35ouvca8]icon14.png[/attachment:35ouvca8]

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    VW, please get a mental trainer onboard your team. Jari Matti really need one now!

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    This thread should be renamed "Rocks vs JML", or the opposite
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I think Latvala has AGAIN made driving too compicated to himself. He knew Ogier had an upperhand testingwise and he proved that performing very well at Monte and then superbly at Sweden. Latvala however wasn't one with the car like with Fiesta and pressed a panicbutton ... very much like Solberg used to do, and started to change the setup in the middle of the rally. He got even more confused and tried to catch the gap by taking risks which didn't pay off. I'm not sure if it was a delusion that VW didn't expect podiums from Latvala in the first rallies or not. But Latvala has noticed how fast VW can be by the hands of Ogier. And now he tries to par that.... He should definately calm down, take it easy in the next rally, learn the car, build a suitable setup for his driving style and then drive fast. Now he is not only destroying cars, he is destroying his career as well
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Yeah, this time it was on third stage...

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I think Latvala has AGAIN made driving too compicated to himself. He knew Ogier had an upperhand testingwise and he proved that performing very well at Monte and then superbly at Sweden. Latvala however wasn't one with the car like with Fiesta and pressed a panicbutton ... very much like Solberg used to do, and started to change the setup in the middle of the rally. He got even more confused and tried to catch the gap by taking risks which didn't pay off. I'm not sure if it was a delusion that VW didn't expect podiums from Latvala in the first rallies or not. But Latvala has noticed how fast VW can be by the hands of Ogier. And now he tries to par that.... He should definately calm down, take it easy in the next rally, learn the car, build a suitable setup for his driving style and then drive fast. Now he is not only destroying cars, he is destroying his career as well
    Well, I´m not sure, but how could you say he didn´t calm this time? He could very well have been on "safe" mode this time. And then unluck strikes him. That could be the most possible outcome of this rally for him. For sure he´d still need a shrink, even more after this rally, but he sounded very sure it wasn´t completely his fault this time.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...