Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    crappy recce over the week. Day 1 was a different day for us, not suited to the Ford, dunno why. Went wide a few times and king hit the end of the armco fencing and put the car on it's head.
    Let's see what day2 brings...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cyborg_hun finished Rally Ireland!

Day 1 was a perfect day, no rain at all, no mayor mistakes, and 2 "almost PB" without any shakedown.
    Day 2 was a disaster. I paid hard for the Lucky of Day1 Basicly difficult stages with full of rain results little Grip. I'm happy to the car body and suspension survived the crashes

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Rat - Agreed the Focus didn't seem to work for me as well on Day 1.

Fairly happy with the way things went but felt I was dropping a few seconds per stage. Also made an error halfway through Day 1 carrying too much speed into a hairpin.

Day 2 was a lot better...Focus was working really well on these roads - tight turn it, good traction out of the corners. Very happy with the times up until the final two stages when we hit the rain. Got the tyre choice spot on but it compromised the first stage time due to rain only near the end and of course the wet stage was a good 10-15 seconds off our best time in the dry. Perhaps too cautious just wanting the bring the car home and impress M-Sport
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Day 2:
    didn't start out too good. We hit a wall hard and bent the sterring, stuffed the gearbox and bodyshell, all on the 1st stage! Stage 2, rolled heavily after hitting a wall.
    Went sorta well for teh next few stages, just the odd bounce of the walls, trees, fences etc! Stage 7, we went too fast into a corner, braked heavily, spun 180 and rolled up the bank!
    After today, we really needed the Red Bull real bad. Shaken AND stirred. I don't think the Management is happy with us returning a Focus that would have done banger racers proud!
    Roll on the next rally!

Jso, u have mail!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Marcel finishes rally Ireland

This rally wasn't our best one this year. Conditions were difficult and the car wasn't reaaly well balanced. On some stages it was better than on others. We lost some valuable seconds overshooting some corners, but luckily we couls escape without major damage or time loss. Looking back afterwards we are pretty happy with the times, but not with our driving nor the balance of the car. We have some work to do for the last rally this season!

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    I am curious. What will be the results...

Day 1 was beautiful. Day 2 was a disaster. Stage 13 I had a crash and drove in SS13 and 14 with a broken gearbox. But I have hopes I finished on a good place.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

results!!! sorry for the delay

sorry for the huge delay guys, the combination of uni tests, my sister's wedding tomorrow, and the civil unrest the city is at right now left me almost no time for publishing the results
    Marcel Haenen score yet another win and goes to the final round in Wales with a confortable 5 points lead. Subaru wins the Constructors Championship for the 2nd time in a row and for the 3rd time in 4 years

Code:
    1.- Marcel Haenen	Subaru Impreza		40:36,10
    2.- Cyborg_hun	SEAT Cordoba		41:57,44
    3.- Tannat	         Ford Focus		42:38,83
    4.- Focus Champion	Ford Focus(p)		43:21,82
    5.- NOR	             Skoda Fabia(p)		43:45,47
    6.- Jso1985	             Subaru Impreza		44:04,44
    7.- I Am Evil Homer	Ford Focus(p)		44:16,10
    8.- Exhausted	Ford Focus		46:46,48
    9.- Rat	             Ford Focus		49:39,91

Drivers Championship
    1.- Marcel Haenen     114 points
    2.- Cyborg_hun         109
    3.- Tannat                76
    4.- Jso1985               70
    5.- Ramore               49
    6.- GrP                     46
    7.- Exhausted            28
    8.- NOR                    17
    9.- Rat                     16
    10.- Dravas76            15
    11.- Juha                  12
    12.- Focus Champion   9
    13.- Luffield               6
    14.- Sir Killalot            5
    15.- I Am Evil Homer    2
    16.- 306 Cosworth      1
    17.- Will L                  1

Manufacturers Championship
    1.- Subaru        189
    2.- SEAT          155
    3.- Ford            110
    4.- Toyota         53
    5.- Skoda          47
    6.- Suzuki           6
    stage-by-stage results will be available as soon as possible

thanks for participating!
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FocusChampion
    I am curious. What will be the results...

Day 1 was beautiful. Day 2 was a disaster. Stage 13 I had a crash and drove in SS13 and 14 with a broken gearbox. But I have hopes I finished on a good place.
    "Little disapointed"

Again 'FC' was the best privateer in 4th place. After a good first day the crew had a enormous bad second day. "I Like SS 11 and 12. They where ok, but we crashed in SS13 and had a problem with the gearbox until service."

The rest of the day they drive the rally easy. "We giving all where possible, but we want to finish as high as possible, so we don't get flat out." When we see the results we a litle disapointed by the huge gap. We expected more."

Rally Wales GB is planned and next year Monaco. This two rallies do 'FC' for sure. "I looking forward to next rally, but have no hopes on a high finish. We'll see."

For 2008 is other rallies unknown. The crew try do at least the European rounds.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A good run for us nets another podium

Experimenting with analogue steering for Wales-we'll see you there....

Tannat
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Couple of minutes off the pace..not too unhappy with that but want to improve for sure. I think I know where I lost a lot of time - Day 1 stages and the final stages day two when I was way too cautious in the rain. Just wanted to bring the car home

Looking forward to Wales..need to recce the stages first but hope to show Stobart I'm worthy of a full time drive.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout: