Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SEAT confirmed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

SEAT confirmed

Good to see on btcc.net that SEAT have now officially committed. Plato confirmed to drive one car with his team-mate being probably announced at the show I bet. Those SEATs will take some beating, already being in S2000 trim, but I wouldn't put it past Dynamics, WSR and Vauxhall and a few others to get to grips with things pretty quickly.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In 2005, SEAT were the only team of the big 3 to keep the car they had as VXR went to the new Astra and TD went to the Integra, but SEAT didn't win a round until round 10.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MBailey06
    In 2005, SEAT were the only team of the big 3 to keep the car they had as VXR went to the new Astra and TD went to the Integra, but SEAT didn't win a round until round 10.
    Saying that Vauxhall and TD were still working with regulations that they have previous experience of, and could design solutions around problems they have discovered with previous cars (respectivity).

At the minute SEAT are the only big team with a race winning car - until TD actually tell us what they are using. So they early money has to go on SEAT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The boys are back in town - welcome home to my boys
    Everybody, champagne all round! Keep on drinking - especially you. I like it when you\'re drunk...
    Fellow drinker from the furry cup at Brands Hatch 2005

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MBailey06
    Is your point that changing to a new car can actully prove benificial in terms of winning races?

Because as we all know in the first three rounds of 2005 at Donnington all three were won by a car making it's maiden appearance. Race 1 and 3 won by the Integra of Neal and Race 2 was won by the Astra Sport Hatch of Muller.
    And agin as we know in the first three rounds of last season, yet again we saw all three won by a car making it's maiden appearance (The Leon). Races 1 and 2 won by Thommo and Race 3 by Jase'.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I expect Seat will be quietly confident because they have already got a S2000 spec car. I hope Thommo is the second driver.
    RIP Colin McRae

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    And agin as we know in the first three rounds of last season, yet again we saw all three won by a car making it's maiden appearance (The Leon). Races 1 and 2 won by Thommo and Race 3 by Jase'.
    The car wasn'y fresh out of the box tho, it'd had already been raced (and won) in the WTCC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Radders
    The boys are back in town - welcome home to my boys
    I've still got last year's fiver here for you. Fancy another round of SEAT v VXR? Usual terms and conditions.

You'll win, but I live in hope :

I think Plato's going to win the championship in 07. The car's just so good, and once the team get sorted who's racing what and how much they're helping each other, they'll be unbeatable. Yes it goes against my Vauxhall fan instinct, but it's what I can see happening.
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've just got a feeling it'll be Turner rather than Thompson - nothing more, but we'll see soon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    I've still got last year's fiver here for you. Fancy another round of SEAT v VXR? Usual terms and conditions.

You'll win, but I live in hope :

I think Plato's going to win the championship in 07. The car's just so good, and once the team get sorted who's racing what and how much they're helping each other, they'll be unbeatable. Yes it goes against my Vauxhall fan instinct, but it's what I can see happening.
    You thieving lil' git! To be honest I'd forgotten that... I want to see the colour of your money before I go committing to another bet. Actually no I reckon it's the same manky fiver I gave you at the end of 2005!

You're on.
    Everybody, champagne all round! Keep on drinking - especially you. I like it when you\'re drunk...
    Fellow drinker from the furry cup at Brands Hatch 2005