Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fernando Alonso *merged*

Alonso says title decided off the track

"I'm not thinking of this championship anymore, it's been decided off the track,"

The allegation that Hamilton's driving had contributed to the collision between Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber in Japan was discussed late on Friday at a meeting of the drivers presided over by Formula One race director Charlie Whiting.

"The drivers' briefing has no purpose," Alonso said.

"You go there to hear what Charlie Whiting and the other officials say. Twenty one drivers have an opinion, Charlie and the officials another, and so it's like talking to a wall.

"It's better not to waste time and try to have fun in the car."
    Massa :

"During this year many drivers have been punished for small things but one has remained untouched. It seems as if someone wants him to become the world champion."

"Kubica was punished without grounds when he touched Hamilton. The polish drivers was inside and it was not an intentional hit. Lewis, however, made some moves behind the safety-car. I think he should have been penalised for sudden braking and causing an accident"
    It seems the atmosphere is rather poisoned in the pitlane. Drivers dont feel that it´s a level playing ground anymore.

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
    It's not been level for all drivers for a long long time.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am wondering what is the mood in GPDA if the rookie is seen like "untouchable".?!

21 drivers (except the untouchable) had the same opinion of what happened. But the so called stewards told them that they are wrong!!

I think the results are no longer decided on track, but off track.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Alonso must be a closet Pom; he's whingeing like one.
    And Massa should remember that he unfairly got Alonso penalised for being in his way during quals when, in fact, Alonso was well behind. Then Massa complained about ant holding him up when he was going so badly that he could barely keep up with the second hand Honda which he wanted the guy to slow down considerably so he could pass. I really couldn't give a shyte about any complaint from Massa.

Obviously, these guys are jealous that a rookie is kicking their collective arses, and they are NOT HAPPY!!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What do you know, the primma donnas are bitching that the new guy is winning. Sore losers

Even if it were true that stewards decisions are favouring Hamilton, that doesn't change the fact that the rookie has beat them fair and square. After all, Hamilton was probably the one least involved in controversial moves.

And "variable-stewardship" has been around for years. Again and again we have seen similar situations treated in a different way. That's a general problem, and it has nothing to do with this year, and it has nothing to do with Hamilton. Two cars touch, and many times this is seen as a racing incident, and some other times a penalty is handed. How is this decided? There was never an explicit criterion established, and I don't think it can't be.

In particular, regarding the safety-car periods at Fuji, people here - and some of the drivers, even those involved - are talking as if every other previous safety-car period had seen all the cars running in a perfect line with all the cars always at a constant distance. You gotta be kidding me.
    You can't make a person love another person. You can only pray for it.

Stupid rules => stupid consequences :s

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    And Massa should remember that he unfairly got Alonso penalised for being in his way during quals when, in fact, Alonso was well behind. Then Massa complained about ant holding him up when he was going so badly that he could barely keep up with the second hand Honda which he wanted the guy to slow down considerably so he could pass. I really couldn't give a shyte about any complaint from Massa.

Obviously, these guys are jealous that a rookie is kicking their collective arses, and they are NOT HAPPY!!

you cant be more clear anymore.
    well said!
    ..☺::.·:*Lewis¨Hamilton¨*:·.F1™.·:*¨♫¨*:·.Star™.·: *¨¨*:..::☺..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think what really bothers them is all the lean years when none of them could touch Schumacher. Then Schumacher retires and they start thinking they might be able to win now and BAM...in comes Hamilton, looking real unbeatable, and he's just a rookie.

They fear the lean years ahead.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tinchote
    What do you know, the primma donnas are bitching that the new guy is winning. Sore losers

Even if it were true that stewards decisions are favouring Hamilton, that doesn't change the fact that the rookie has beat them fair and square. After all, Hamilton was probably the one least involved in controversial moves.

And "variable-stewardship" has been around for years. Again and again we have seen similar situations treated in a different way. That's a general problem, and it has nothing to do with this year, and it has nothing to do with Hamilton. Two cars touch, and many times this is seen as a racing incident, and some other times a penalty is handed. How is this decided? There was never an explicit criterion established, and I don't think it can't be.

In particular, regarding the safety-car periods at Fuji, people here - and some of the drivers, even those involved - are talking as if every other previous safety-car period had seen all the cars running in a perfect line with all the cars always at a constant distance. You gotta be kidding me.
    well said

Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce

genious
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICKE
    It seems the atmosphere is rather poisoned in the pitlane.
    Only poisoned in Alonso head. What is this guy thinking.. Can he not get it into his thick head, that somebody can acutally be quicker than him?

He has only himself to blame for any breakdown with McLaren.

I simply cannot understand why McLaren dont sack him. He is decrediting the team he drives for. Maybe after Hamilton takes the championship in China, they can sack him after this weekend.

For me, I would rather see him suffer for another year at McLaren.. and get his knickers taken down again.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    21 drivers have an opinion that agrees with mine .
    The guy on the grid that was being dangerous in our eyes is the only one on the grid who thinks differently .

He wasn't punished , but , at least I know my opinion is valid .

The best Bernie could come up with was that it was a good thing because he'd carry the flag better than Kimi or Fernando .

Lewis should not expect any favours out there .