Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bathurst 1000

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    The last hour was good. However there was a complete lack of passing in the first 5 1/2 hours :\ Lowndes was fortunate to avoid being taken out twice.
    I don't know what Bright's team were thinking putting cold tyres on How did they think that'd ever work?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Spotted at the bottom of Mt Panorama late yesterday afternoon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mercury8
    Spotted at the bottom of Mt Panorama late yesterday afternoon.

Now thats funny....

Yeah the touring cars have become pretty boring (to me) in recent years with lack of much on track passing. Get rid of the control tyres and let em have at it I reckon....currently its just like watching sprint karts race and unless your in the top 3 or 4 forget it. Personally I really only turn on the tourers for Bathurst nowdays unfortunetely. This year it was pretty much only the last 15 laps with any action. I sort of was hoping Seto would do the business when the rain hit, reminded me of the good ol days when Nissan, BMW, Cosi's and all the brands into the mix made it more exciting.

Mind you Iam a Ford fan and it was good to see the triple play this year mokin:
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    The last hour was good. However there was a complete lack of passing in the first 5 1/2 hours :\ Lowndes was fortunate to avoid being taken out twice.
    I don't know what Bright's team were thinking putting cold tyres on How did they think that'd ever work?
    Normally I'd agree about the lack of passing but just to watch them bomb round that circuit .... Loved it since I was a kid, love it now ... And the modern in-car stuff is so good ......

P
    Some days you're the dog, and some days you're the lamppost.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I could sit there and watch them pull 2.09 second laps around the Mountain all day.Hang on I did! The pace was unreal this year and to watch the different strategies play out was cool.Great win for Ford.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Bloody good race. Amazing pace through out. Even when there wasn't much passing there was more than enough drama to make up for it. Shame Brightie's gamble didn't come off. Last 20 laps were brillant. All in all still one of the best races anywhere. Roll on Indy
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever