Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcglinchey
    Why do they keep telling us on the news that Mr Husseins half brothers head popped off when they served his suspended sentence ( suspended, geddit?). Its a bit gloating, isnt it?
    Well, as long as they don't show any videos of it.

Meanwhile, Bush keeps on saying that "failure in Iraq will affect the security of the people here in the United States" but he never tells us WHY:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...raq-poll_x.htm

"Bush was asked in an interview broadcast Sunday on CBS' 60 Minutes about public opposition to the troop escalation.

"I gotta keep explaining, one, the consequences of failure, that failure in Iraq will affect the security of the people here in the United States," the president replied. "And, secondly, that we can succeed.""
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    They were the minority at the time of declaring Israel independent but the governance and control of the new state was given to jews and it was declared as a Jewish state, where is the democracy in there? No wonder some Arabs felt a bit pissed about it... And when you say Jews were living there all along so were Arabs which of over 700000 where thrown out or escaped from Israel after 1948 but that does not seem to be any concern to you.
    Not really true here. The area that is now Isreal+Gaza+Westbank was British and they decided it to split it up. They made it clear that the country was divided in a Jewish part (which was originally only a small part of present day Israel) and an Arab part. The Arabs however rejected every proposal which included a Jewish state. So far for democratic negotiations.
    Those 700.000 were not thrown out nor escaped the angry Jews. The leaders of the Islamic countries surrounding them ordered them to leave because they were planning an invasion. If there is anyone to be angry at, it's them for telling them to leave and not accepting them as real citizens.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow

Something that is also important is to see the position the new Democratic majority finds itself in.
    Most disagree with president Bush's idea of sending more troops - even some top Republican's have also joined the bandwagon but the bottom line is this:
    A• Congress can use it's leverage to stop the money flow to hinder President's Bush's desires to send more troops (which he has the power to do so because he is the Commander in Chief)
    - If they indeed do this and our troops continue to be massacred, many will blame congress because funds were cut and our troops were left supposably unprotected.

B• Or congress can give Bush another chance and our troops will continue to be massacred increasing the cost of the war and the cost of lives.

I go for plan A• Yes, more soldiers will die if we continue to be there but if Bush can realize that his money flow has stopped pumping, he will have to implement the "get out of this mess we got our selves into" and this will be the beginning of our retreat.

But no matter what, President Bush will still find a way to blame Congress for the defeat because he will say that he was not allowed to finish the job that God told him to do . . . . . . . .

mokin:
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannex
    It's Friday night, the Saddam thread has gone off topic completely, Mark has gone ballistic on Eki and lost a million reputation points (what the hell are they?), and posters seem most inclined to discuss Guinness! I think the thread has gone to drink. Maybe we should all chill.
    Gannex, should we chill the Guinness, and if so, how cold should it be? I'm still enjoying the "best Vodka" thread too!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Agwiii, Guinness is designed to be served at "cellar" temp, that is about 46 degrees or so F, it isn't meant to be chilled that much.

As for hanging two more of Saddam's henchmen, well either they will join Saddam in hell or with the 72 virgins if you believe the whacko Islamists that would have you believe you can condone anything in the name of Allah

As for the Israeli argument that was going on last week, I think for us to bring that in at this point would be a radically different thread that should be on its own. Lets just say I am more sypathetic to Israel than some of the people who send their kids in with explosives and nails in vests for a walk on the city bus and detonate it......
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not sure if its been mentioned yet as I didnt want to look through all of the previous pages as a lot of it is pointless arguing on random stuff.

But anyway, Saddams execution pales in comparison to that of his half brother, who ended up being decapitated as he was being hanged. They were also dressed in prison style orange boiler suits. This time however there was no taunting or jeering.
    Im back! Now what'd I miss?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    has hanging him achived anything ?? he hasnt brung back those inocent people back

perosnaly i think he should of been locked up for the rest of his life there for suffering rather than ending it quickly
    BTCC-All the Honda's
    WTCC-Priaulx
    V8-Lowndes and courtney

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Decapitated by the hangman's noose !!! What a terrible way to go.
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This so-called accidental decapitation has shown just how disgusting this so-called democratic Iraqi government truly is, as are the allies of this regime. Iraq is no better then what it was.

From CBC: "Iraqi officials show video of Saddam aides' hanging"

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2007/0...n-hanging.html

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Me thinks that in Iraq, they are not as upset by the decapitation as some of you guys are. I think it is barbaric too, but then you think back, and realize these two mutts helped Saddam gas over 150 people (this is just the one conviction they are being hung for, not everything they likely have done) with one of those WMD's that Saddam didn't have, and all the sudden I realize to Iraqi's, they may not see this as barbaric. Some in Iraq figure these two got off light.

Their so-called justice system is run by a government that was elected in a nation where over 80% of the country voted in a free election monitored by the UN. That is what they want.....it aint a pretty thing but it is their nation. Wasn't that the point of someone back in the 26 odd pages of this post?
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".