Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    At least, for the moment anyway, there are the 125 and 250 races to watch.

Now those young guys get cracking!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez
    I have faith that the sport will soon pick up again but surely even the most ardent fan has to admit that they haven't been as interested in this season as in recent years.
    While I wont say that every race this year has been packed full of head to head races, I don't think anyone can say it isn't interesting.

If it wasn't interesting anymore none of you would be posting in this forum.

The last couple of races were less exciting but there have still been plenty of great races this season. I'll be surprised if anyone runs away with it at Estoril.
    go speed racer go

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Richardson
    For cryin' out loud...........the manufacturers had the 800cc requirement dumped on them, spent megabucks complying, are working their guts' out and have only been racing them for about 5 bloody months yet some people seem never to be satisfied.
    A 20% reduction in engine capacity and they still have the bikes lapping at similar times on most tracks to the times of the former 1000cc race bikes.
    Critics.......bite ya bums!
    No-ones critisising the manufacturers for producing the fastest bikes within the regulations.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I still think it's funny that Honda pushed for the 800cc rules, and then built a bike slower than everyone except Illmor!!!
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez
    OK so the thread title is a bit panicky but I'm panicked because MotoGP was the best thing I watched. It was full of excitement most weeks.

Also I have already mentioned above that I don't care if someone dominates if it's exciting (Rossi used to have terrible starts and fight his way through) but Stoner is so much quicker this year that most races see him get a flying start and stay ahead, then comes Rossi and everyone else chasing Casey's dust.

As for forgetting 2002 I think I said that I've only been watching for 4 or 5 years so it's quite likely that it's one of the seasons that I missed out on.

I have faith that the sport will soon pick up again but surely even the most ardent fan has to admit that they haven't been as interested in this season as in recent years.
    It's one season of change, nothing to worry about. Not every season is an absolute classic and I think it's a bit much to expect it will. As I said, the powers of Honda, Yamaha and Michelin won't be down for long and next year will see a return to the thrill-a-minute racing we have become accustomed to.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Frankly speaking, motogp is no longer bringing me the same passion as the time of rivalries of Rossi vs Biaggi and Sete. Lorenzo may take motogp the glory back as the most interesting series.

As the result of this, Suzuki seems to be an alternative likable team in case they retain Hopkins and hire new name like Dovisioso, but without Hopkins next season they may have less character, and therefore I seriously consider to change my bike and its attribute to# 3 Corona Alstare :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    It's one season of change, nothing to worry about. Not every season is an absolute classic and I think it's a bit much to expect it will. As I said, the powers of Honda, Yamaha and Michelin won't be down for long and next year will see a return to the thrill-a-minute racing we have become accustomed to.
    I think so. It'll also be interesting to see Melandri on the Duke racing against Stoner. I'm sure he'll be a lot faster than Capirossi has been, and the team will love him 'cos he's Italian and hard as nails. Like a younger Capirossi in fact.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmchairBikeFan
    I think so. It'll also be interesting to see Melandri on the Duke racing against Stoner. I'm sure he'll be a lot faster than Capirossi has been, and the team will love him 'cos he's Italian and hard as nails. Like a younger Capirossi in fact.
    On the other word, poor choice made by Suzuki for having the older Capirossi

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm sure Honda Yamaha and michelin will make a comeback by next year

“The other manufactures do not know why they race. They race because they understand the conviction of Honda and they follow the Honda and sometimes they even pass, but when they pass they cannot lead because they have no vision. Then Honda passes again and they are grateful again to follow because they know Honda sees the light of discovery that they cannot see.”
    Yoichi Oguma (now retired) HRC Boss

I found that quote a few years ago in an article. Oguma usually spoke to the press with the help of an HRC translator that wasn't really translating what he was saying but gave "politically correct" comments to the press

The above quote was from when Oguma had to use a real translator and I think it shows Honda's true racing mentality and company culture
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well they may have not killed motogp but if these proposed changes to 250s are true then you cant accuse them for not trying

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...pclassdrawnup/

600cc rev limited production engines on 155kg prototype chassis

just for comparison, the CBR600RR sport bike (not the race bike) weights 155kg, so they basically want to race Supersport

Also 600cc production engines? please show me the 600cc engines Aprilia and KTM (the 2 that are keeping 125 and 250 alive) have in their lineups.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...