Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think only HIRVONEN has really been standing out as a whole new driver this year... he's clearly been the 3rd best driver in the championship this year (behind Loeb and Marcus).

While before the season, many would regard him as quite equal driver with drivers like: Stohl, Atkinson, Latvala, H. Solberg etc.

On the other hand... it will be interesting to follow H.Solberg and Latvala in their second full season together and see how much they will improve...

After all they have much less testing than the full works drivers, and often spend the first part of the rallies to adjust their cars...
    Henning Solberg, World Rally Champion 2009... ;)

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTiger
    After all they have much less testing than the full works drivers, and often spend the first part of the rallies to adjust their cars...
    Agree! That's why H.Solberg could do better in Finland. In the Leg 2 he was faster then his near opponents (Sordo and Atkinson). I hope Stobart can find more money for test for next year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hirvonen ain't a new driver anymore so I won't consider him as most improved driver of 2007.
    Atkinson, on his 3rd year still seems way too erratic, while Latvala on his 1st full WRC year as already led a rally and I'm seeing him on a podium finish really soon, so my vote goes to Latvala as Sordo seems to be going backwards performance-wise
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jso1985
    Sordo seems to be going backwards performance-wise
    well no way man, Sordo is doing really a good job there, this is his second year and histimes are really good compare to Loeb, even Marcus admitted that this guy really had potential..
    We can say that this year some drivers have improved yes, Hirvonen as the best of the rest and his performance in Norway and Finland was superb, Atkinson and Latvala both set fastest times when the battle for the lead was still going on, i notice only a 2 seconds loss from Atkinson in the long last stage in NZ while Loeb&Gronholm where on full atack, another sign the Subaru is a very good car!!)
    Drivers who doesn't seem to find that extra progression are the teammates last year, Stohl and H. Solberg. The last never seem to find that superb feeling you need and the same goes for Stohl, he did on the same last long stage in NZ a fantastic time, already set 1 quickest time in Mexico i believe, the car is good (Duval was showing it), even Galli set some brilliant times in Norway (or was it Sweden..) in a Xsara, but to be fast in a whole rally.. no.. they don't have that this year..

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko
    well no way man, Sordo is doing really a good job there, this is his second year and histimes are really good compare to Loeb, even Marcus admitted that this guy really had potential..
    We can say that this year some drivers have improved yes, Hirvonen as the best of the rest and his performance in Norway and Finland was superb, Atkinson and Latvala both set fastest times when the battle for the lead was still going on, i notice only a 2 seconds loss from Atkinson in the long last stage in NZ while Loeb&Gronholm where on full atack, another sign the Subaru is a very good car!!)
    Drivers who doesn't seem to find that extra progression are the teammates last year, Stohl and H. Solberg. The last never seem to find that superb feeling you need and the same goes for Stohl, he did on the same last long stage in NZ a fantastic time, already set 1 quickest time in Mexico i believe, the car is good (Duval was showing it), even Galli set some brilliant times in Norway (or was it Sweden..) in a Xsara, but to be fast in a whole rally.. no.. they don't have that this year..

I agree. Stohl whom I kept very consistent and secure driver has now had to drive to the limit. Has he got any good times? No. Has he made any mistakes? Yes.

Both, Stohl and Henning seemed to be in better pace with 307s.
    Another Flying Finn