Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Question Unknown autographs?!

Can anyone help me to recognise these autographs? I found them the other day but I have no idea who they are. I reckon they're probably BTCC-related (not necessarily just drivers) from around 2000-2002? That's just a guess as I haven't collected autographs for some time now!

But they may also be from F1 as my sister used to get them at testing. Thought it was worth a shot asking on here just in case anyone recognises one thanks!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Unknown autographs?!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Your second one looks like Alain Prost to me. If it is from 2000-2002 then it ties in with the time Alain took over Ligier and it became Prost Grand Prix. I Wikipedia'd Alain's career and I see Alain ran his teem from 1997 to 2001 when it went bankrupt. So your sister could have gotten it in 2000 or 20001.

The first one looks like a fly that has gotten itself drunk, fell into an ink well, crawled out and staggered over the paper.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    all i can make out from the first 1 is maybe MATT in capitals in the persons own style maybe??????
    Silence is Golden!......JP in a TD...CHAMPION!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The first one is Dario Franchitti and I have never seen the second one before but it's definately not Alain Prost

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulG
    I have never seen the second one before but it's definately not Alain Prost
    How do you know?
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the first is darios autograph, as for the second i dont have a clue, but its definatly not prosts, see the attached picture
    Mark Heron, a great friend and top bloke, you will be sadly missed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didn't recognise Dario's autograph because it's a bit more squiggly than the one I have is.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah i have a few things signed by dario, he seems to have 2 ways of signing, he sometimes just signs a short squiggle that reads dario and the longer version which is shown above
    Mark Heron, a great friend and top bloke, you will be sadly missed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's interesting to see how a driver's autograph changes through the years. I've got James Thompson's from 1994, which is very long and every letter is clear to see. 10 years or so later, it's a lot more compact and taller and the letters are exaggarated quite a bit.

Infact, here's the proof. Here's the 1994 autograph: http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...1981/jt001.jpg

And here's the modern day one: http://motorsportautographs.fotopic.net/p33777411.html
    You lot still here?!